• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

And we had beter success just by staying on the balcony that one guy mans the MG, other guys watches three main directions behind him and when tank comes, one guy sets it on fire and then we just run around the house and shoot him.

Or force him to get stuck on one of the windows, it (almost) always works :p

Upvote 0
Do you guys play versus at all?

Its got its own problems I know but I much prefer playing against, err humans.
Haven't played co-op for a while myself.
That being said, in versus its not always easy to get a good game with a good ping with a good team, if you know what I mean.

Waiting for the patch....

Upvote 0
Do you guys play versus at all?

Its got its own problems I know but I much prefer playing against, err humans.
Haven't played co-op for a while myself.
That being said, in versus its not always easy to get a good game with a good ping with a good team, if you know what I mean.

Waiting for the patch....

Yeah, I played it for the first time the other day with a bunch of my friends. It's a ton of fun with a bunch of guys you know. But it takes like 8-12 people to get a complete round, unlike co-op where you and only 3 more buddies are all you need.

Upvote 0
I stopped playing it after they fixed it on normal. I don't mind challenge, but unless the survivor team is completely retarded, it's pretty much impossible to win as the infected even with superior timings and spots where to execute it.

So you're one of the many, many people who didn't get how the Versus Mode works. It's not "survivors vs infected" per se, but team vs team, where BOTH teams play BOTH roles, and the team that performs better wins. It's intended that the survivors survive most of the time, because, unlike team deathmatch, the performance is calculated differently than by mere kills.

Before the fix, verus mode was pretty much everybody wanting to be infected and leaving as soon as they got to play as survivors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you're one of the many, many people who didn't get how the Versus Mode works.

I know all the basics quite well, and the idea aswell.

But the way it is now, those few random times I played it after it was fixed on normal (prior that it had atleast slightly variety), every game ended up that the infected team barely got even 10-15hp down and the survivors finished the map and when the teams were swapped it was almost the same. Reminds me more about very easy speedrun rather than a gamemode.

And in the case if the survivors were 'retarded', you might actually beat them before they reach the safehouse. Tank is possibly the only way you might prevent them from reaching, but that requires somewhat luck. And if the infected were 'retarded', they barely had any idea what's going on.

So my gripe then? If the survivors take only 1-2 damage per each zombie hit + you can forget a guy under hunter's pounce or smoker's tentacle for about 10 seconds before being incapaciated, you really can't do **** to the survivors, especially if they know how to run their assess off and still co-ordinate everything they do. It is practically just speedrun after speedrun without any real challenge, unless the infected gets lucky.

Upvote 0
So you're one of the many, many people who didn't get how the Versus Mode works. It's not "survivors vs infected" per se, but team vs team, where BOTH teams play BOTH roles, and the team that performs better wins. It's intended that the survivors survive most of the time, because, unlike team deathmatch, the performance is calculated differently than by mere kills.

Are you suggesting Coconuts migrate?

Upvote 0