• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lee Enfield Weapon Suggestion

Please dont say stupid things...

Please dont say stupid things...

First, how does it fit the theme? That rifle isn't common today.

Second, what would make it different from the lever-action rifle, aside from being slower to fire and having only a few rounds per magazine?

The Lee-Enfield fits the theme because it is the iconic British rifle in a game set in Britain. Secondly, it is common today. The lee-enfield is the second most produced bolt rifle in the world (to the russian mosin nagant) and is used still by commonwealth police forces.
The Mk.III would be more accurate, faster (easy to reach bolt, 5 round charger mags for fast reloading, and the bolt needs to be rotated a small amount all for speed.) and more powerful (.303 rounds - thats basically .30cal)
It has the same rounds as the lever-action and is much, much faster.
Please know what you are talking about before flaming the gun.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me ?

The lee enfield is NOT in use by the british forces in this age. The game is set in modern britain, IN LONDON (NOT rural) for the most part.

If we want the common british weaponry, then its like this:

From the police forces, the MP5, HDK or MP5K are the most commonly used weapons.

From our armed forces, the most common weaponry are the likes of the m4, automatic rifles.

The Lee Enfield is a british weapon, sure, but it wouldnt fit here. Its old and outdated.

It would be lovely to see it as a special weapon in the rural maps like farm or something, but not in the middle of london. Id rather have a mp5.

Im in the uk and im british. The Lee Enfield is a lovely rifle, but its not commonly used. Do you see pictures of british troops carrying lee-enfields in iraq? No. They carry variations of automatic rifles.

Here:

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1458.aspx

The SA80, is the most common small arms rifle.

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1459.aspx

The L115A3 is our latest sniper rifle.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me ?

The lee enfield is NOT in use by the british forces in this age. The game is set in modern britain, IN LONDON (NOT rural) for the most part.

From the police forces, the MP5, HDK or MP5K are the most commonly used weapons.

From our armed forces, the most common weaponry are the likes of the m4, automatic rifles.

The Lee Enfield is a british weapon, sure, but it wouldnt fit here. Its old and outdated.

It would be lovely to see it as a special weapon in the rural maps like farm or something, but not in the middle of london. Id rather have a mp5.

Im in the uk and im british. The Lee Enfield is a lovely rifle, but its not commonly used. Do you see pictures of british troops carrying lee-enfields in iraq? No. They carry variations of automatic rifles.

Here:

[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1458.aspx[/URL]

[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1459.aspx[/URL]

Do you see pictures of British troops or police carrying Winchester lever rifles?

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me ?

Here:

[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1458.aspx[/URL]

[url]http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/1459.aspx[/URL]

It would be kind of you to point out exactly WHERE I ever claimed that the Lee-Enfield was used by the British Forces in this age?
They are however used by many countries today, including but not limited to India and Pakistan, however I believe Pakistan uses the Mk No.II and not No.III SMLE which I was suggesting.

Don't make up things I've stated, not once did I ever say it was still used in British Forces today.

Upvote 0
Or for that matter, akimbo Desert Eagles, crossbows or flamethrowers? :p
Very good point. The whole idea of the game is you have a weapon roster of random and varied weapons, and you have to pick up and use what you can find to survive. Nobody fighting a horde of infected are going to say "Ah I better not use this rifle, it's American, outdated and was used in the 1800's." Unless you are a complete idiot.

All I was suggesting is that there is a lack of two things in the game.
There is a lack of British weapons, considering it is a British setting, and there is a lack of bolt-action rifles. To vary the gameplay more and enhance the fun, it would be nice to include the Lee Enfield as an alternative to the lever-action. And as Renegade Raven said, they ARE different enough to be branded as two varied weapons.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this common consensus that the game is at all realistic in terms of weapons or just plain anything is highly doubtful as a tactful strategy to tear down our arguements. This game deserves a bolt action rifle, and it definately deserves a Lee Enfield, the iconic British bolt action rifle.

The day I see a Special Ops using a crossbow or a flamethrower (which is strictly against geneva convention) then we'll keep saying that a bolt-action rifle or a level action winchester should be there without qualms.

Upvote 0
Im in the uk and im british. The Lee Enfield is a lovely rifle, but its not commonly used. Do you see pictures of british troops carrying lee-enfields in iraq?

If only...

And as for saying the lee-enfield isnt around in London, you ever been to the Imperial War museum? :p

Oh and edit... If the Lee-Enfield doesnt fit this game, what does?

Upvote 0
My mistake, I had the Lee-Enfield confused with another rifle. But how do you fire a bolt-action rifle more quickly than a lever-action? With a lever-action, it's two movements, and your hand is already on the lever. With a bolt-action, you have to physically move your hand and then perform four movements to fire again.

Upvote 0
My mistake, I had the Lee-Enfield confused with another rifle. But how do you fire a bolt-action rifle more quickly than a lever-action? With a lever-action, it's two movements, and your hand is already on the lever. With a bolt-action, you have to physically move your hand and then perform four movements to fire again.
skilled bolt action schooter can fire the gun very fast and accurate same time
also the reloading is faster and biger caliber and more acurate

Upvote 0

You can actually shoot them quite fast....I read somewhere that british soldiers were able to shoot 30+ rounds a minute (don't have a link to that info, sry).

Here is a video of someone speed shooting one.
YouTube - Enfield rifle NO4, speed shoot

While I do love the Winchester, this rifle would make more sense, and you wouldn't have to reload ammo individually.

Upvote 0
:)

:)

No worries, i'm sorry, i'm obsessed with the gun. But it would be faster if not as fast, as the bolt is so easy to reach, and the 4 movements required dont take long at all...
Also, there's realoading speed to take into account. The lee-Enfield reloads 10 rounds as fast as the level action can load 2 or 3.

Upvote 0
You can actually shoot them quite fast....I read somewhere that british soldiers were able to shoot 30+ rounds a minute (don't have a link to that info, sry).

Well, a speed shooter can shoot a lever-action rifle very quickly too, or a musket, or a revolver. There's just less involved in firing a lever-action rifle, which I would think would make it easier for the average person.

As well, it's a very simple back-forth motion- less prone to screwups due to stress.

Upvote 0
This the argument its not a common weapon

MAKES

NO

SENSE

There's a freakin crossbow in the game! and a lever action rifle.
That's kinda exactly my point, the poster I was responding to was saying how it doesn't fit because it isn't common. Neither is a Winchester, nor a crossbow.

I'd like to see it personally (mainly cause I own about 4 of these rifles and would love to use one in a game to kill zombies).

Upvote 0