• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lee Enfield Weapon Suggestion

That's kinda exactly my point, the poster I was responding to was saying how it doesn't fit because it isn't common. Neither is a Winchester, nor a crossbow.

I'd like to see it personally (mainly cause I own about 4 of these rifles and would love to use one in a game to kill zombies).

Why can't you use one of them in real life to kill zombies? Or aliens? Haven't you ever seen They Live?

Upvote 0
Crossbows are remarkably common, actually. Any sports shop in the uk has crossbows, longbows and shortbows.

Replacing the winchester with the Lee-Enfield would make more sense. The winchester is really just in because its the iconic anti-zombie rifle :p

I would prefer to see a mp5 or SA80 in the game. Though some map-specific weapons would be nice, like they had on the old game. Ancient history museum with many many weaps ? :p

Upvote 0
You can actually shoot them quite fast....I read somewhere that british soldiers were able to shoot 30+ rounds a minute (don't have a link to that info, sry).

Somehow i doubt that one can shoot 30 rounds a minute and still be accurate. Your average soldier usually isn't a man who spends every minute firing, cleaning, or talking about guns. The professional british soldiers in WW1 could only fire 15 rounds per minute accurately. That is fast, but 30 + just seems unreal.

Upvote 0
Crossbows are remarkably common, actually. Any sports shop in the uk has crossbows, longbows and shortbows.

Replacing the winchester with the Lee-Enfield would make more sense. The winchester is really just in because its the iconic anti-zombie rifle :p

I would prefer to see a mp5 or SA80 in the game. Though some map-specific weapons would be nice, like they had on the old game. Ancient history museum with many many weaps ? :p

It's not so much how common it is, but how it fits the mood of the game.

KF calls for loud, powerful-feeling guns. A longbow, with its unceremonious "thimp" and very slow rate of fire just doesn't fit the fast pace of this game.

Upvote 0
hrmm a few people posted what they thought the winchester was firing ingame, look at the cartridges in ZED time, im fairly sure they are .30 - 30's which are VERY common rounds..

to second this : please guys we have another thread asking for them to ADD guns, why are we asking to remove one here, its not like its tah ubar lazor pistol which unballances the game it fits in the game so leave it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0