• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known KF2 Weapons Info

the modular SMG might be replacing the MP5. Dropping the MP7 and Vector in favor of the [gameplay] diversity of a pistol and shotgun is a [gameplay] improvement, I think.

Yeah I was fearing this, it would be a shame to have no (isolated) SMGs in the game because they were pretty fun to use
If you play just medic though, this is a big improvement as you get to use a bunch of weapon types, and the concept is quite original and future-aware
Reminds me of the talk about 3D printing being in the game in some form as the modular parts remind me of cast plastic along with the caseless ammo, but the lights and stuff sort of debunks that

Upvote 0
Arm Gun?
A photo of a mocapping session shows a tube around an arm, presumably it's a stand-in for some sort of arm-attached device. This is likely for mocapping of a zed, such as the husk or patriarch, but it's possible it could have something to do with some usable weapon, maybe belonging to the firebug, or the new dragon icon perk.

I think he was just mocapping the husk.

???Vlad the Impaler???
Is this vlad, or something else?
Yep, its the Vlad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also assumed the capacity doubling was in use when we saw the medshotgun had 8 loaded in it. Because 16 shots in a semi shotgun in medic's hands would be crazy, especially with that little mag, which looks like a tight fit for five shotgun shells, even if they are caseless.
This means the SMG, with the mag that juts out, probably has 30 as its base capacity, and 60 with the doubling.
Aside from the weird mag sizes, what do you think about the general idea of upgrading a pistol into a shotgun etc? I kinda like the medic weapons but would be interesting to know if it's possible in reality.

This new series of weapons fills out medic's arsenal pretty well gameplay-wise, but does not satisfy the demand for classic SMGs whatsoever. That makes the optimist in me think that either dragonbro or helmetbro have something to do with real SMGs. But if not, there is sidegrade potential.
Personally I'd like that approach. A few SMGs here and there is nice variation but a class with only SMGs can get dull somehow. I guess for some reason SMGs are rarely as satisfying in games as ARs and other weapons. Like in KF the only 2 guns that I felt underwhelming were the Vector and MP7.

BY THE WAY
You need to add HCAR at some point TWI, that would be awesome :D

Upvote 0
SMG
+Large capacity, protruding magazine (30 rounds loaded has been seen, I imagine this is the base capacity, and medic level/skill may be able to double it to 60)

Shotgun
+Low Capacity, flush-fit magazine (8 rounds loaded has been seen, however, I imagine the base capacity is 4 or 5, and medic level/skill may be able to double it to 8 or 10) [The mags are the same size as the pistol mags, but probably hold less rounds, since it presumably uses different ammo; fatter shotshells. This may work like how double stack 30rd 5.56 AR15 mags can work as single stack 10rd 50beowulf mags.]

Assault Rifle
+Large capacity, flush-fit magazine (30 rounds loaded has been seen, however, I imagine that was with medic level/skill to double the capacity, making the base capacity 15, numerically equal to the graphically equal pistol mag)

I think (and hope) that the medic will no longer have +100% mag capacity to medic weapons.
Honestly, in KF1 the doubled mag sized just felt silly. The SMGs shot peas, and the only way to make them remotely worth using was to double their magazine capacity.
KF1's medic SMGs didn't feel fun to use at all. It felt like you were pissing in the general direction of your enemies - with a very full bladder of course.

Medic weapons would be a lot more satisfying to use if they actually did decent damage, but had other drawbacks. Expensive ammo or a low total ammo pool may be one of them.

A very high rate of fire with only a 30 round magazine could be a potential disadvantage for the new medic SMG and AR. Perhaps they have long reload times too.

A 30 round pistol would be weird. Similarly, the AR having only 15 rounds on full-auto for low level medics would be pretty hard to use.

As for the visuals - it's possible the medic weapons we're seeing are not final. The shotgun and rifle shown may not have magazines in them right now. They also make a mention of caseless ammo taking up less space, which sounds like an excuse to fit 30 rounds in that pistol grip on the AR to me.
It's also possible the AR has a magazine we're not seeing. Could that box just behind the fore-grip be a magazine?

The shotgun looks like it might have a tube mag, although that could also just be the dart firing attachment. If their magical caseless ammo takes up takes less room, 8 rounds could easily fit in there.

My main concern about the medic weapons in KF2 is that there will be no choice about what to use late game, you're forced to use an assault rifle, because it's the highest tier.
I hope tripwire has (or later add) a tier 4 shotgun sidegrade for people who want to use a top tier medic weapon but prefer shotguns.

Upvote 0
I think (and hope) that the medic will no longer have +100% mag capacity to medic weapons.
Honestly, in KF1 the doubled mag sized just felt silly. The SMGs shot peas, and the only way to make them remotely worth using was to double their magazine capacity.
KF1's medic SMGs didn't feel fun to use at all. It felt like you were pissing in the general direction of your enemies - with a very full bladder of course.

Medic weapons would be a lot more satisfying to use if they actually did decent damage, but had other drawbacks. Expensive ammo or a low total ammo pool may be one of them.

A very high rate of fire with only a 30 round magazine could be a potential disadvantage for the new medic SMG and AR. Perhaps they have long reload times too.

A 30 round pistol would be weird. Similarly, the AR having only 15 rounds on full-auto for low level medics would be pretty hard to use.

As for the visuals - it's possible the medic weapons we're seeing are not final. The shotgun and rifle shown may not have magazines in them right now. They also make a mention of caseless ammo taking up less space, which sounds like an excuse to fit 30 rounds in that pistol grip on the AR to me.
It's also possible the AR has a magazine we're not seeing. Could that box just behind the fore-grip be a magazine?

The shotgun looks like it might have a tube mag, although that could also just be the dart firing attachment. If their magical caseless ammo takes up takes less room, 8 rounds could easily fit in there.

My main concern about the medic weapons in KF2 is that there will be no choice about what to use late game, you're forced to use an assault rifle, because it's the highest tier.
I hope tripwire has (or later add) a tier 4 shotgun sidegrade for people who want to use a top tier medic weapon but prefer shotguns.
30rd mag in a pistol as an upgrade isn't too weird; it's a OEM option for the 9mm Glocks Beretta92FS and FN57, an aftermarket option for lots of different pistols, and standard on the PMR-30.
15rd standard mag in an assault rifle is weird on paper, agreed, but KF1 already had that, with the M7A3, and it seemed to work well enough in practice. If anything, the frequent reloads will be less of a pain, now, since in KF2, reload animations don't include charging if not needed.

I agree that it would be plausible to squeeze 30 fictional caseless rounds in the grip. However, assault rifles use bigger ammo than pistols/smgs, and the pistol can only fit 15 in the same size. I figure it's giving the assault rifle the benefit of the doubt to guess it fits equal ammo in the same size mag. If it's the exact same ammo, the extra damage the assault rifle surely has can be chalked up to the longer barrel, especially since we're talking fictional propellant.

We can see the mag. "It's reloaded all through the same pistol grip", was clarified in the video. You can see at the bottom of the grip on the pistol, shotgun, and assault rifle, there is a ridge that looks like the base plate of an inserted flush-fit magazine. The SMG does not have this ridge, since it has a different mag, confirming it's not just an odd shape of the grip itself.

The tube on the shotgun had me thinking "tube mag" at first, too, but if you compare the other medguns, you can see that they have the same tube, with varying lengths, it just doesn't protrude from the handguard as prominently. The tubes also all have that tiny flash hider looking thing on the front middle, so I'm pretty certain that the tube is the enclosure of the dart launchers.

Upvote 0

Now I might just be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can buy 2 medic weapons. You know, why can't the medic just buy a second medic pistol? The trader is a 3D printer anyway, logically it could just copy and paste it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWLQ88d-gMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWLQ88d-gM
The newest video shows some new weapon information, which I'm trying to compile into the list in the OP.

I also typed out the perk info we saw in the menu, about support and medic, so people can have a reference they can also copy and paste.
I added a little bit to that to make it extra obvious how the skill decisions go, since some people have been getting confused.

You unlock a pair of skills every five levels, but you can only chose half of them. It is not a system of points, you just choose one or the other from each pair.

At max level, 25, you'll have 5 skill pairs to make a decision from, and it'll be like this.
spg_t5.jpg

You can change your decisions just as often as you can change your perk; once per trader time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0