• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known KF2 Weapons Info

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 7, 2009
    SUPER OUTDATED

I figured I'd make a thread to share the information I've gathered on the KF2 weapons and perks seen so far.
    It's a lot more than most people would care to read, much less figure out, so I've underlined the couple things that might actually be noteworthy. Some of these graphical details I'm pointing out may not necessarily correlate to gameplay features, but they might be indicative.
    I probably got some things wrong, and I'm absolutely certain that I missed some things; please let me know. I'll be editing this post whenever I find something out or get corrected, at least until I can get off the hype train, which won't be soon.

Despite 15 hours of trying, I couldn't get a beta key, so this information is a lot less up to date and detailed than it could have been.

Please note; there are much better places to post Ideas and Suggestions to TWI for new weapons than in replies to this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----WEAPON INFO----

-----------------------
    COMMANDO

-----------------------

AR-15
    Varmint Rifle
    Tier 1, Costs 200, Weighs 4
    damage 20, fire rate 500, penetration 0, accuracy 50, base mag 20, max extra ammo 220, included mag+100
    -Commandos spawn with it
    -Select Fire, 3rd Burst or Semiauto. No Fullauto.
    -Flashlight.
    -Iron Sight, RRA "Tactical Mount Assembly" Riser/Rear. HK style front flip sight?
    -MOE Stock
    -AFG
    -Unused sling loop on the right side flops around during recoil
    -~10.5" barrel
    -Tripwire's logo is on the left side of the mag well
    -Seen here is some mocapping they were doing with an AR.
    -The elite from-empty reload animation uses the bolt catch, the regular from-empty reload animation uses the charging handle.
    -Notable is that it has been seen decapitating weak specimens with single shots on even HoE, unlike KF1's bottom tier weapon. Whether it's necessary to have the respective skill to your firing mode to achieve this is unknown.
    -Unfortunately, it looks like TWI made the same mistake with burst mode that most game devs do. If you're set to burst mode and fire, it'll shoot three regardless of how long you hold the trigger. The AK in burst is fast enough that tapping one or two would be difficult anyways, but this'll really be an annoyance with the 500rpm AR. The concept of burst fire exists for the sake of deliberate fire compared to full auto, but firing rounds when you're no longer holding the trigger achieves exactly the opposite effect.

SA80 L85A2 Bullpup
    Tier 2, Costs 500, Weighs 6
    damage 25, fire rate 660, penetration 0, accuracy 58, base mag 30, max extra ammo 360
    -Select Fire, Fullauto or Semiauto. No Burst.
    -Holographic sight. Eotech, like in KF1; one of the shorter models, not AA battery. No back up iron sight.
    -Flashlight. I haven't noticed it modeled on the gun itself, but the trader menu says it has one.
    -Full size this time around, and with an ejection port, charging handle, and everything.
    -The regular reload animation brings the mag well into your field of view to slowly swap mags, like in KF1. The elite reload does it quickly, mostly offscreen. Unlike in KF1, if reloading from empty, you have to work the charging handle afterward.

Kalashnikov AK-12
    Tier 3, Costs 800, Weighs 6
    damage 35, fire rate 600, penetration 0, accuracy 58, base mag 30, max extra ammo 270, included mag+90
    -Select Fire: 3rd Burst or Fullauto. No Semiauto.
    -Dynamic Fire Rate: The full auto fire rate is 600rpm, which is nice for controllability. Counting zed time video frames (9 frames shot to shot vs 15) shows that KF2 does depict the AK12's special feature: the burst mode goes all-out, giving an approximate 1000rpm for burst mode with the AK12.
    -Flashlight, Just above the VFG on the right side.
    -Red dot sight, Kobra collimator, also backup iron sights that are probably unusable in game.
    -The casings being ejected seem to be rimmed, like 30-30 or x54r or something?
    -The elite from-empty reload animation quickly swaps mags and then reaches under the bottom to work the charging handle. The regular from-empty reload animation hits the mag release with the new mag, and reaches over the top to charge it.
    -Unfortunately, it looks like TWI made the same mistake with burst mode that most game devs do. If you're set to burst mode and fire, it'll shoot three regardless of how long you hold the trigger. The AK in burst is fast enough that tapping one or two would be difficult anyways, but this'll really be an annoyance with the 500rpm AR. The concept of burst fire exists for the sake of deliberate fire compared to full auto, but firing rounds when you're no longer holding the trigger achieves exactly the opposite effect.

SCAR H Assault Rifle
    Tier 4, Costs 1100, Weighs 6.
    damage 50, fire rate 625, penetration 0, accuracy 71, base mag 20, max extra ammo 280, included mag+100
    -Select fire: Fullauto or Semiauto. No Burst.
    -Flashlight! On the left accessory rail lies an InForce WML.
    -Red dot sight, Now sports the [sideways] Aimpoint PRO that the M4 had in KF1. No rear backup iron sight.
    -Now with a shorty 13" barrel; this will justify it being weaker than any .308/7.62x51 rifles sharpshooter gets. Smart.
    -Charging handle moved to the right side.
    -Rather than "FNH USA Fredericksburg VA", "TW USA Roswell GA" is written on the receiver, referring to tripwire interactive, rather than the USA importer of SCAR 17s.
    -Vertical foregrip, maybe tango down model?

FAMAS F1?
    Is that a FAMAS?
    Photo of a mocapping session shows what appears to be a prop FAMAS, notice the bipod leg on the side. Also notice the usual style trigger guard, rather than the FAMAS G2's enlarged trigger guard. This suggests it is a F1 model of FAMAS, and thus has a 25rd mag.
    Presumably, it's a commando weapon, seeing as it's an assault rifle.
    Since FAMAS F1 has to use lower pressure French 5.56, and has only 25rd mags, those disadvantages may make it a tier below the SA80 and AK12; it may be bottom tier, a sidegrade to the 9mmAR. If it is bottom tier, that could potentially make it an alternative option to spawn with?
    Or maybe it has advantages in fire rate and handling, making it a sidegrade to the SA80 and/or AK12.

It's also possible that it's just the mo-cap prop stand-in for the SA80.

KF-BAR
    Commando's melee weapon, taking the weightless/undroppable/free/unsellable role that KF1's knife had, is the KF-BAR. This name is undoubtedly a reference to it being a KA-BAR in Killing Floor.

HE Grenade
    Cost 40 each, can carry 5, spawn with 2
    Commando's grenade is a high explosive grenade. It probably deals its damage primarily through concussive blast, resulting in a small radius explosion with consistent damage, much like KF1's offperk hand grenades. Something to note is that it was seen in video that one HE Grenade detonating will not prematurely detonate another HE grenade nearby, like in KF1.

-----------------------
    BERSERKER

-----------------------

EMP Grenade
    Grenade for berseker. Seems to stumble zeds.
    Costs 40 dosh, 5 can be carried.

Lawn Mower Blade

Knife for berserker.
    Damage 15, fire rate 60, penetration 0, accuracy 0, weightless, free

Crovel Survival Tool
    Tier 1, Weighs 4, Costs 200
    damage 34, fire rate 60, penetration 0, accuracy 71
    Spawn weapon for berserkers.
    Modified/specialized shovel.
    Naturally, no ammo/reload concerns.

Pulverizer
    Tier 2, Costs 500, Weighs 6
    Dmg 78, RoF 60, Pen 0, Accuracy 2, mag 5, ammo 30
    "It is a sledgehammer shotgun"--Yoshiro
    The primary fire is a blunt hit, using no ammo. Primary can be held for a combo.
    Secondary fire is a heavy hit, and will use 1 ammo for even more damage if it's loaded.
    Alt is used to block/parry.

Vlad-1000 Nailgun
    Tier 3, Shotgun Type, Costs 800, Weighs 6
    damage 25, fire rate 150, penetration 2, accuracy 2, mag 42, base max extra ammo 336, included mag+168
    Select Fire: Toggles between shooting a single nail per shot, or 7 at once

Last edited:
    Yeah I hope they go with full accurate gun names in KF2. Hopefully full designation in trader or description box or something but maybe shorthand version or something on the hud?

Also woot I passed 1000 useless posts on this forum, do I get supa-1337 exclusive player skin now plox?

Now I just need to get past 1000 hours in KF1 before KF2 comes out, it's a right of passage.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Yeah I hope they go with full accurate gun names in KF2.

There's usually a reason why developers don't end up using full accurate names. Some gun companies don't let you get away with it without giving them money first. Even games like Rainbow Six 3 had to occasionally use "fake" names, such as the FN FiveseveN being named "AP Army" in-game, despite a number of other guns using their accurate names.

I think you can get away with military designations though. M1911A1, for example.

Upvote 0
    Proper names of guns in video games seem to be getting more and more common throughout the years, maybe due to a lack of cases where gun companies sue game companies.

And there is a reason for that. Often, it's good attention, free advertising.
    For example, if I'm remembering correctly, X products appreciated that their SCAR drum mag was used in some COD game or something.

Glock is kind of stingy about their intellectual property; they've sued other companies for making lookalikes, (Basically, they own the concept of a blocky semi auto pistol with vertical serrations. Forever.) but I don't think even they have ever cared about video games.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    "Rifles"
    -the Sharpshooter perk is "all about them." (RIP Xbow?)

A hunting crossbow is used like a rifle for the most part (except for ballistics differences at longer ranges, perhaps) so I don't think such an iconic KF1 weapon is going to leave the Sharpshooter's arsenal. :rolleyes:

If you hold it in both hands, it shoots one bullet at a time, and you want to aim it at vitals, then it's probably a sharpshooter weapon.

Upvote 0