• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Fan Films - Help

Hey guys, im new to these forums but im not sure where else to ask for help.

Im in the process of making a series of short KF films, one has been done already and is on youtube but ive ran into some trouble on the animations side of the post production for the rest...

Ive managed to get the models from KF but i cant get the animations to use within 3ds max, the fleshpounder model i used in my first film used Half Life animations as someone else had rigged the model to the smd skeleton.

Now, im not too great with 3d animating or rigging, so i have no idea where to start with rigging the rest of the models to smd skeletons or preferably getting the original KF animations for each specimen to use in Max.

If anyone could give me a bit of advice or if you want to help with the process then it would be much appreciated. Im not here to advertise the films or anything, i genuinely need some help from someone who knows their way about this kinda thing.

Thanks

Thanks guys, im glad you all approve of it lol.

I suppose ill have to rig the models with basic bipeds and use free mocap stuff on the net or something if no-one knows how and even if you can get the animations from KF... Bit of a pain though being as those animations in the game are really quite good.

If anyone here knows how to rig the models to the valve bipeds then that should work too, i have no idea about that either, but i know how to import the smd animations from half life into max.

By the way, if anyone knows how I could get in touch with Half-Dead that would be good, being as it was his rigged fleshpounder model i used from garrysmod in the first film.

Upvote 0