• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Killing Floor 1.0 SP maps port progress!

Cutscenes don't work properly in Killing Floor but I think there is an alternative way to do it that works online.

Necro'd yet again.

Played through it again and i felt like suggesting a solution-
Is it possible to make a specific mutator for this map that can add the boss AND make him not attack during cutscenes?

Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0
Necro'd yet again.

Played through it again and i felt like suggesting a solution-
Is it possible to make a specific mutator for this map that can add the boss AND make him not attack during cutscenes?
Doesnt need a mutator. just create a new monster type and spawn the boss taht way. then script a cut scene and lower a blocker to let the Pat loose

Upvote 0
You have to download it then put the map in your Killing Floor map folder.

Then you need to download the Killing Floor SDK from the tools menu in steam

Finally open the map in the SDK and click the little icon at the top right that looks like a joystick.

Or you could go in game and type in the console Open KFS-SinglePlayerBeta

Upvote 0
I played the map with "Open KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.rom" console command, without adding anything. Don't know why are you talking about this map being hard, maybe it's because of how i opened it, but Fleshpounds drops after like 6-8 shotgun shots, the ammo is plentifull and zeds are not.
Now some feedback.
First i'd like to thank you for porting the campaign. The atmosphere is awesome, there is a lot more horror than in co-op. It reminded me of early Resident Evil games in terms of game design.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I played the map with "Open KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.rom" console command, without adding anything. Don't know why are you talking about this map being hard, maybe it's because of how i opened it, but Fleshpounds drops after like 6-8 shotgun shots, the ammo is plentifull and zeds are not.

In the console, type in Set Gameinfo GameDifficulty # (# representing a number of your choice from 1-7, 1 being the easiest and 7 being the hardest. So If I wanted semi-difficult game play I would probably type in Set Gameinfo GameDifficulty 2 or 3

Now some feedback.
First i'd like to thank you for porting the campaign. The atmosphere is awesome, there is a lot more horror than in co-op. It reminded me of early Resident Evil games in terms of game design.

Thanks! When Alex made this back in 2005, he was aiming to get as close to Resident Evil as possible, heck, in the code for the Deagle for this Single player mode he set the damage to 200 and said it was the same damage as the magnum you get in RE!

I didn't have any FPS slowdowns at all (i have 6 y/o PC)

That's good to hear

- Westlondon was fine, I haven't noticed any bugs.

Also relieved by that, can't remember them, but I was sure there are some, probably just minor defects.

- Offices had tricky stairs, escpecialy that part with the sofa in the middle or something. I had problems climbing up after that.
Yeah that's kind of hard to get by, I believe it's a shelf.

- That shack with goodies near ofices have no visible entrance. You just magicaly noclip trough the fence without opening anything.
If you look up you will see scaffolding leading to that area, which can be accessed by the window directly above it, once down in there collect the items and jump up on the dumpster to get out of there.

- I had no problem climbing down the sewers.
More good news

- Biotics have invisible wall in front of one of the doors to U-room (the one that have ammo spawn near in retail).
I remember encountering that, I'll have to fix it

- The glass that you suppose to break with the "blast" (or are you?) breaks with a few shots (I don't remember breaking glass sound though), but it's still pain in the *** to jump in the room through it for some reason.
I think what your character was referring to as a blast was simply a swing of an axe or blast of a shotgun...

- There is a big boulder on the right side of the entrance to that room with torches in caves. You can slip behind it to some room you obviously not supposed to (I guess).
Never noticed that thanks!

- There part where you have to climb down the elevator maintenance ladder, is just unfair, its ****ing impossible without taking tons of falling damage.
I think you have to go to the side, you will be find a maintenance ladder somewhere there, I guess I didn't really make it clear where it was.

Responses in lime.
Note: The elevator shaft in this version is completed changed from the original. The original features an elevator that you could actually use and an rotting/decaying area of the bioticslab flooded with water, there was an electrical wire that was blocking your way, an alternative route which took you to the area that leads to the cave.
In this version, the elevator shaft is completely rebuilt, you actually walk on top of the elevator and climb down a maintenance ladder which leads to a pressurization vent for the elevator shaft, from there you jump down into the cave. The reason I rebuilt this is because the original actually clipped into the completely flood area of the Horzine Labs and the cave did not connect to the flooded labs area at all!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Links: (c/o BartBear)

Enjoy! :)

.7z
<a href="http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.7z" target="_blank">[url]http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.7z[/URL]
ASI (Automatic Self Installer)
<a href="http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.exe" target="_blank">[url]http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.exe[/URL]
.zip
<a href="http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.zip" target="_blank">[url]http://pliki.red.orchestra.pl/maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.zip[/URL]

take my credit, Take it, take it all!

Upvote 0
What credit?!?

I never took any credit for these, just simply pointing those asking for the links to the right direction!

And these files where hosted at BartBear's site since 9/28/2010. :confused:

@YoYoBatty

They work fine at my end, try it again mate. :)

Well it's clear that those do not work and they never have... What I mean by that is, this server has never worked for me ever, I can't access the site at all, no matter what link I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /maps/killingfloor/download/KFS-SinglePlayerBeta.exe on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.6.12 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o Server at pliki.red.orchestra.pl Port 80

Sorry to bother you more, I think it would be quite great if you or someone could upload that to game/filefront for me and I can continue my work on the map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0