• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Overall

people keep saying the game got easier as if its some huge mystery and thus it must be bad..........

*cough* zed teleporting *cough* game conductor buffing zed speed ALOT after one easy wave *cough* fancy hands happy hans(any1 remember those weeks where hans would JUST melee and there werent **** u could really do about it?) *cough* bullets in ZED time traveled i think 3x slower than now *cough* garbage T4 weapons (evicerator, MWG, etc) *cough*

im sure i could think up more but my smoke alarm is driving me crazy.

Upvote 0
bass361;n2283508 said:
Maybe the reason TWI won't make a KF classic mode is because they would be admitting they have wasted almost 2 years of dev time making a bad game.

maybe not..TWI has stated in numerous streams and devblogs they had a different vision with KF2. perhaps also the technology advance enabled the guys to come up with something they could not have done 7 years ago. KF2 isnt KF 2.0 ...live with it and or move on.

i really wonder why you say things like "wasted 2 years of dev time making a bad game" if you dont like the game, fair enough, dont play it.

Upvote 0
ld move on, or I could try discussing my opinions online with fellow KF players.

Like I said, I love the Genre, but KF2 is just such a massive disappointment. I mean, why the hell did they nerf the gore any ways? What good comes out of not being able to shoot hands and feet off? What a massive waste of time and resources.

Upvote 0
zsautoman;n2283523 said:
what do i mean?http://steamcharts.com/app/232090, from the business standpoint do u think its doing well? From the community standpoint, over 1 million copies sold during ea, do u think its a thriving one of all time?

its enough to find games and meet plenty of people.

http://steamcharts.com/app/1250#All

if you like KF1 it had similar player counts. its the nature of a game like this. people buy it cuz its 30$ and regularly on sale for less, and its a good "once and a while" game. not everyone goes hardcore on it. but for people who do there are plenty of maps on plenty of servers, with plenty of players to fill them or even half way.

IMO 2 player is just as fun as 6player games, if anything people are more likely to play as a team. not to mention that KF2 has only been officially released for like 2 months and tripwire is known for providing tons of fun content after release, you can see the players spikes in KF1s history to see that. also you can see it with the addition of content updates during KF2 period, and subsequently KF1 player count dropped the entire time compared to pre KF2. anyways, id expect the same content release/player trend to continue until KF3 in the years to come.

Upvote 0
bass361;n2283469 said:
The lack of torn up dead bodies, grim lighting, gritty textures, film grain in spectator mode.

Did you actually play the Volter Manor? Biotics Labs with the giant organ grinders? Some of the maps are downright disgusting. The lighting is dynamic now so some maps like Catacombs get pretty bleak. The rest is up to the mapper. We actually have a map where we can run around in a thunderstorm with rain. If you miss colored lighting then yes Unreal 1.9 seems to have the edge in that department, but Infernal Realm is exactly what you're talking about. The film grain is an option in the video settings now.

Upvote 0
There are few reasons I stopped playing KF2 long time ago and probably never will since they are not "fixable" except if TWI remake the whole game.

First and most cringy is the enemy AI and the lack of animations that makes KF2 look like it's done 10 years ago. A simple climb animation for zeds to go over fenses and climb on cars or other obsticles. The fact that all the zeds do are wallk towards the survivors and if there is anything in their way it's considered stuck and "teleport" the zed to the nearest spawn volume out of LOS of the survivors. This is ridiculous. I want to fight smart enemies, not enemies that get stuck and teleport in front of me. It makes the game cheap and a chore instead of bringing the feeling that you are a survivor in an apocalypse world. You don't fight the zeds you fight the spawning. And seeing zeds apear from thin air in front of me just makes me alt F4. This removes the tactical part of the game - you can't have tactics against that.

Second is the maps. The amount of invisible walls and volumes that you can't jump over is too damn high. This is probably due to the first reason - stupid AI. All the maps are just squares with obstacles. Like they were designed very simple and then put different probs like cars and stuff to make it more full. Grafically they look amaizing my favorite is Burning Paris. But other than looking good as design all maps feel the same like they were made with a random generator or something.

Third is the lack of mechanics. There is nothing to get good at in KF2. It's the same if you have played 1000 hours or 10 hours. It's all shoot the bigger zed in the head. Blocking bullets to stop peple from shooting for a short period is the closest KF2 has to a mechanic. This makes KF2 just a waste of time. In KF1 the more you play the more you learn and the better you become while in KF2 there is nothing to become good at. The meta is - have the right classes and thats it. Like every standart RPG game ever created. If everyone on the team is dealing damage you win.

Forth is the disgusting microtransactions. It's a principal of mine not to support games that have Valves economy incorporated and thats the reason I stopped supporting Steam as a whole I stopped buying games from Steam and use it as little as possible. I hate when companies try to play a psychological games on me. Here is this "FREE" thing but you need to pay to have whats inside of it. Oh you don't want this "free" thing? Here are 500 more and you get one every day just to remind you to spend. It's just disgusting and I refuse to be a part of it. And the best part is "we are doing this so that we can release the game content for free" - few months later - Paid mr Foster costumes DLC, paid Carboard Knight DLC and now emotes that are again paid ... but you get that one weapon for free - geez thanks.

For me it's a combinaiton of lack of atmosphere, mechanics and bad design that makes me not play and I have over 1000 hours of KF1. It's just there is nothing to do in KF2 after you have leveled one perk to 25 it's just the same chore over and over again with no real tactical feeling or survival feeling you just fight a really bad game design. This is why I agree with the op that KF2 is stale and boring.

Since I don't want to come out like I hate everything I have some suggestions. First rework the maps - add spawn locations and remove the volumes. Make the zeds smarter instead of teleporting when stuck. Add animations to the zeds so that they can climb walls, cars and other obstacles so their movement is more fluid. Bring back the combos from KF1 so that the game can have mechanics - make them different for every class I loved the Axe+double barreled combo and the Granades during rage animation of FP I loved that as a commando you can take big zeds by shooting them but not too much while kiting. The microtransactions are my personal issue and I don't want to discuss them since it's a different area but if you remove them or at least remove fee for opening them will be a step in the right direction in my personal opinion but they are the last thing I have issue with - I could live with them as they are if the game was really that good - however it's not.

Untill something is done to make KF2 on par with other co op games I don't see a reason to play it. I LOVE games where you grind and do the same thing over and over again but KF2 is just too cheap and gets boring too fast due to lack of gameplay mechanics and bad design. And don't get me wrong the Microtransacions is the least of my problems with the game I would still play it regardless if it was a good game afterall.

Cheers to the people that are still left in this community and keep it alive. I wish all good in 2017 for the devs and the players and I hope the game comes out as amaizing as KF1 still is.

Reactions: Dr Pepper
Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2283526 said:
its enough to find games and meet plenty of people.

http://steamcharts.com/app/1250#All

if you like KF1 it had similar player counts. its the nature of a game like this. people buy it cuz its 30$ and regularly on sale for less, and its a good "once and a while" game. not everyone goes hardcore on it. but for people who do there are plenty of maps on plenty of servers, with plenty of players to fill them or even half way.

IMO 2 player is just as fun as 6player games, if anything people are more likely to play as a team. not to mention that KF2 has only been officially released for like 2 months and tripwire is known for providing tons of fun content after release, you can see the players spikes in KF1s history to see that. also you can see it with the addition of content updates during KF2 period, and subsequently KF1 player count dropped the entire time compared to pre KF2. anyways, id expect the same content release/player trend to continue until KF3 in the years to come.

kf1 was released in May 2009, steam chart stats only started from July 2012 which was 3 years after the launch. With a last-gen game work progress, anygame would have a significant playerbase drop after 3 years. kf is never meant to be a "once in a while" game, it is a simple game for both 1 and 2, but 1 had a lot interesting mechanics that made ppl kept coming back to it, the replay value along with some dlcs were there.

u expect same trend of player base for kf3? with all due respect, im laughing quite hard, they invested way more than they did for kf1, why would tw expect for avg <3k online, the valve mt system wont even work well with that many of active players, think about it, if u were one of the share holders in tw, would u expect no growth at all for this just born second project of killing floor franchise?

*edit: one of the tw stuff said in last live stream that they will support kf2 as long as possible just like what they did for kf1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if there is one thing i really miss from KF1 its the ability to have fun combos..and trying to find out how and when they work. ill never forget my first 360 kata scrake stun just to uppercut its head off while being surrounded by zeds on hospitalhorrors. those moments i think made the game for most of us "hardcore fans" along with the atmosphere of the game.

kf2 isnt like that unfortunately ,yet for me, its still a game i love. the gore, the gun mechanics, the sheer speed and heartpounding action is great fun in my opinion.

the guys at TWI have had a new vision of the game and technology advance has given them the tools to make this vision become real. sure, KF2 isnt what we have thought to be a new KF2.0, yet i for one embrace the new iteration of this franchise, MT or not.

call me optimistic :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
zsautoman;n2283709 said:
kf1 was released in May 2009, steam chart stats only started from July 2012 which was 3 years after the launch. With a last-gen game work progress, anygame would have a significant playerbase drop after 3 years. kf is never meant to be a "once in a while" game, it is a simple game for both 1 and 2, but 1 had a lot interesting mechanics that made ppl kept coming back to it, the replay value along with some dlcs were there.

u expect same trend of player base for kf3? with all due respect, im laughing quite hard, they invested way more than they did for kf1, why would tw expect for avg <3k online, the valve mt system wont even work well with that many of active players, think about it, if u were one of the share holders in tw, would u expect no growth at all for this just born second project of killing floor franchise?

*edit: one of the tw stuff said in last live stream that they will support kf2 as long as possible just like what they did for kf1.

i dont care about shareholders, were talking about finding games which is pretty easy.

i dont especially think the mechanics in KF1 were any more amazing than what KF2 can achieve.

anyways what do you want to happen?

my guess is you could go back to KF1 now even and find games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2283730 said:
i dont care about shareholders, were talking about finding games which is pretty easy.

i dont especially think the mechanics in KF1 were any more amazing than what KF2 can achieve.

anyways what do you want to happen?

my guess is you could go back to KF1 now even and find games.

finding games is not so hard, depending on which difficulty tho, i play hoe exlusively...currently more solo and custom diff...

u dont think this and that bla bla bla, its ok, nothing wrong with it, perfectly fine, but remember dont sound like yr opinions=truth.

i want a thriving community with at least avg 4k online and a better balanced, more skillful game.

im not interested going back to kf1, cuz no one is playing it, still hard to find hoe games, so im just gonna take a break from it, seen it all already and will move on to other games.

Upvote 0
zsautoman;n2283739 said:
finding games is not so hard, depending on which difficulty tho, i play hoe exlusively...currently more solo and custom diff...

u dont think this and that bla bla bla, its ok, nothing wrong with it, perfectly fine, but remember dont sound like yr opinions=truth.

i want a thriving community with at least avg 4k online and a better balanced, more skillful game.

im not interested going back to kf1, cuz no one is playing it, still hard to find hoe games, so im just gonna take a break from it, seen it all already and will move on to other games.

your opinions also are not necessarily truth. we all want a better balanced and more skillful game, but if people think its truly terrible then then they should take a vacation for a few patches and come back.

like ive said as far as player count anyone can try to make predictions about the future, but in the end all we need to do is wait.

the point of the OPs thread is KF2 will always be a lesser game than KF1 in every aspect. is that a good prediction? not so sure

Upvote 0
I play on PS4 for kf2, though I've extensively played KF1 on pc. Now, the gameplay for KF2 as well as the leveling system for it are much better than the first. I know that there will be seasonal events and more content added later, which is fine. My biggest issue is the Zedconomy, which is not being kept side by side with PC. The drops are the only form of grind besides actually leveling up to perks and usually you get **** in them. There's only 2 weapon crates and 2 cosmetic crates as of right now on PS4 and I'm sick of phucking headbands and U.S. gasmasks. I sincerely think we need some kind of challenge system which unlocks class specific cosmetics. It would most definitely add to the replay value.
There are simply not enough maps on our end either, though there's a decent mix now, I can't help wishing for another Abusement Park or Hellride type map. I believe they'll add something like that around summer.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately EdWeTodd, I think the original map design and game play of KF1 isn't going to show up at all in KF2. I would also like challenge based cosmetics, but the devs don't seem to care at all.

I think they would've been better off making armor and camos with even mundane achievements, like gold camo for completing all maps on HoE or something along those lines, rather than oooOOOooo I just won a game on HoE and got a fukkin crate that I have to spend 5 dollars to open.

Every crate added to my inventory should be a dollar I get back for putting up with this bull**** design.

Upvote 0
bass361;n2284298 said:
Unfortunately EdWeTodd, I think the original map design and game play of KF1 isn't going to show up at all in KF2. I would also like challenge based cosmetics, but the devs don't seem to care at all.

I think they would've been better off making armor and camos with even mundane achievements, like gold camo for completing all maps on HoE or something along those lines, rather than oooOOOooo I just won a game on HoE and got a fukkin crate that I have to spend 5 dollars to open.

Every crate added to my inventory should be a dollar I get back for putting up with this bull**** design.

eat a snickers

Upvote 0