• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 Overall

bass361

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
I have 450+ Hours on KF2 and 250+ on KF1.

I think it's time for everyone to consider the possibility that KF2 is boring, stale, and just plain worse than KF1 Overall.

Sure can make the argument that KF1 has had years to develop, but guess what, KF2 has had almost 2 years of development. Where is the content? Seriously!? I am incredibly dissapointed with the pace of development.

I gave TWI the benefit of the doubt, but after all this time they have done jack squat. KF2 isn't fun, and everyone I know that has played KF2 always comes to the same conclusion.

I know thread comes off as aggressive and offensive, but I think people need to stop being delusional and open there eyes. This game is and always will be lesser of a game than KF1, because for some strange reason the devs aren't focusing on what made KF1 popular in the first place.

bass361;n2283012 said:
I have 450+ Hours on KF2 and 250+ on KF1.

I think it's time for everyone to consider the possibility that KF2 is boring, stale, and just plain worse than KF1 Overall.

Sure can make the argument that KF1 has had years to develop, but guess what, KF2 has had almost 2 years of development. Where is the content? Seriously!? I am incredibly dissapointed with the pace of development.

I gave TWI the benefit of the doubt, but after all this time they have done jack squat. KF2 isn't fun, and everyone I know that has played KF2 always comes to the same conclusion.

I know thread comes off as aggressive and offensive, but I think people need to stop being delusional and open there eyes. This game is and always will be lesser of a game than KF1, because for some strange reason the devs aren't focusing on what made KF1 popular in the first place.

Just one question - when did you actually start playing KF1?

Upvote 0
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Myself, I have 700 hours + on KF1 and just about to hit 300 on KF2.

I would consider KF2 more fun and polished (even in an unfinished state I find the game better than KF1).

The only thing I find myself going to back to KF1 for now and then is the weapon variety, which I expect will change as KF2 gets settled in post-release.

That being said, both are great games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
OK ok ok ok.....from now stop posting how many hrs u got so u can prove how right yr opinions are. bass361 revealed his hrs cuz he wanna show the evidence of experience.

posts like this should get more attention from devs and the community as right now this game is facing a big danger, cant compare to AAA i know but kf2 can easily end up being like evolve from current state lets all to be honest.

Upvote 0
zsautoman;n2283032 said:
OK ok ok ok.....from now stop posting how many hrs u got so u can prove how right yr opinions are. bass361 revealed his hrs cuz he wanna show the evidence of experience.

posts like this should get more attention from devs and the community as right now this game is facing a big danger, cant compare to AAA i know but kf2 can easily end up being like evolve from current state lets all to be honest.

what do you mean?

Upvote 0
zsautoman;n2283032 said:

I do agree the hours are irrelevant for the most part (unless you only played for 30 minutes or something extremely brief).

However, there are always going to be people that say "this game is doomed" or "it's already failing". Things of that nature.

Even the most successful franchises have their fair share of people who claim the game isn't fun (DOTA 2 for example has over 1 million players daily, yet you can find negative reviews on Steam). There is no escaping this.

The majority seem to view KF2 as a success though so the "need" for these topics is debatable. Big danger is somewhat of an exaggeration.

IGN - 8/10
PC Gamer - 81%
Metacritic - 4/5 stars
Destructoid - 9/10 stars
Steam - 9/10 (36 thousand reviews..).

I'll say again, everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions but it seems the overwhelming majority would say the game is doing just fine.

Upvote 0
Scrublord;n2283052 said:
You've played the game for four hundred and fifty hours.

Of course it's going to feel stale eventually.

Kf1 dosent, I think that is the OP point.
The funny thing is that TW was following the right path with kf2 some time a go and lost the the way somehow.
Now anything they do in the game just broke it more and more each day.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2283068 said:
The funny thing is that TW was following the right path with kf2 some time a go and lost the the way somehow.

can you be more specific?

i feel if TW ever "lost their way" during the creation of this project id have to say it was nearer to the middle of the EA period. that being said though, what has been happening recently has me very optimistic as far as content which will be added.

Upvote 0

I seriously fail to see how they are "breaking" it, it's a lot of fun now, more than in early access even.
Plus, KF1 might be fun still, but at least to me, just when heavily modded. In KF2 I don't have the need to mod anything at all to enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Thats no point in the grand scheme of things. Ive got 1366hrs + and only now do I not play at least one game of KF2 a day. Thats 600+ more hours than I played original vanilla KF1. Given that I played over 2000+ hrs of KF1 mostly on custom servers I think the point about the game being stale is horse****. Thats my first point.

Tell me what games can you sink 200+ hrs in w/o noticing it? Or which games have been developed for more than a year? And will cont. to do so for years to come (if they follow the same pattern as KF1.)

That brings me to my second point... KF1 wasnt built in a day and if those ppl complaining that KF2 is getting stale already played KF1 at the same time (relatively speaking) Im pretty sure they would have said the same thing back then! And thats not to mention all the events and extra wpn dlcs that came out post KF1s release.

I dont have a problem with you or the OP having your opinions. If ppl are getting bored of the game thats fine. Join the club... but they should at least try to make comparsions that are relatively balanced and likewise justifications!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
i see no point in the negative part of this, all in all taking into account the 2 games are years apart i consider KF1 to be the most polished and satistying of the 2, but that's no surprise, KF2 has lot of room for improvement so why not focus on how to do that?

leaving specific mechanic aside i feel like the game would benefit a lot from:

-better enviromental sound/ dampened sound through walls.
-less teleporting/spawning over players, difficulty can be achieved other ways without ruining the tactical aspect.
-more sense of danger depending on players choices, infinite sprint greatly reduces this, but there are other factors.
-options for grittier graphics.

Upvote 0
In a nut shell, KF2 will have to be completely re-worked in order to be half the game KF1 is. The most glaring issue imo is the lack of consistent gameplay. Most KF1 deaths come from gradually being over run, where as in KF2 you just get 2 shot from a FP.

Honestly there is so much wrong with the game that people aren't even trying to fix it any more. They'll just sit back and say "Oh ya the games great cuzz there's guns and zeds."

The fact of the matter is the entire game isn't Killing Floor any more. This is what most KF fans were scared of back when they released their first few Dev Diaries and showed that there was a sprint mechanic. Frankly the game just doesn't have it's soul any more.

If people want to be optimistic about a poor game that's fine, but don't act like it's great. There's far too much wrong with this game (*Cough* The Zedconomy is the worst, saddest, most lazily put together piece of **** excuse I have ever seen for bull **** micro transaction bait *cough*)

Upvote 0
bass361;n2283084 said:
In a nut shell, KF2 will have to be completely re-worked in order to be half the game KF1 is. The most glaring issue imo is the lack of consistent gameplay. Most KF1 deaths come from gradually being over run, where as in KF2 you just get 2 shot from a FP.

Honestly there is so much wrong with the game that people aren't even trying to fix it any more. They'll just sit back and say "Oh ya the games great cuzz there's guns and zeds."

The fact of the matter is the entire game isn't Killing Floor any more. This is what most KF fans were scared of back when they released their first few Dev Diaries and showed that there was a sprint mechanic. Frankly the game just doesn't have it's soul any more.

If people want to be optimistic about a poor game that's fine, but don't act like it's great. There's far too much wrong with this game (*Cough* The Zedconomy is the worst, saddest, most lazily put together piece of **** excuse I have ever seen for bull **** micro transaction bait *cough*)

simply put...KF2 isnt KF2.0. most people have accepted and moved on. the game is a new idea of what the original was. if you cannot accept that, thats ok. dont play the game if you dont like it.

i dont like the crate system either but i just ignore the drops and enjoy the game instead. KF2 is a fresh take on the original. if you want to bash it, do so with specifics and not vague accusations. there is plenty of "how to improve" threads out there.

Upvote 0
Correct. I don't like the direction, but I love the concept. I'm a huge fan of horde survival games.

I think that the speed, spawn locations, spawn density, atmosphere, map design, and zed health/strength are all completely borked.

These are just the ones that come off the top of my head. KF1 had all of these locked down. No one can disagree, and I don't think they should have changed anything from the start. They are trying to re-invent the wheel, and it is ruining the game.

Upvote 0
bass361;n2283105 said:
These are just the ones that come off the top of my head. KF1 had all of these locked down. No one can disagree, and I don't think they should have changed anything from the start. They are trying to re-invent the wheel, and it is ruining the game.

So no one can disagree with your objective and absolute opinion? goooooooooood...

Upvote 0