• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF1 Manor

KillMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
Thread Moved to Final Releases
/\ This is a link /\Click on it.
aSXyrPF.png

Last Updated: 5/16/2016

Change log:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Looking great man! Very gritty but the indoor areas are a bit on the bright side I feel, some more darkness would fit nicely methinks. The outdoor area looks stellar though.

Did you model the landscape yourself or import from the original?

The lighting is an ongoing process, and not to mention a tricky one.
For example; the indoor lighting is a tad on the bright side, that

Upvote 0
I just inspected the map shortly. Looks really nice. Felt like KF1 on speed. I'm looking forward to see how the old holding spots work out. I started my whole KF1 solo sharps camping thing on Manor in the house, upstairs. That won't be possible anymore at that speed. But maybe some other good spots might work. Thanks a lot for your work. That's really apprechiated.

Upvote 0
I absolutely love it. I would have to say that you are very talented with an eye for detail. Great game play, its fast. I would love to host this map like some of your others (ie. KF_Deck17) BUT....My hosted server is running ServerExt and with that the Redemption perk that enables a player to be redeemed after one death and is supposed to teleport a player to a random map location afterward is causing the player to drop out of the map.
frown.gif

VIDEO

I don't know why this is as I'm not a mapper. Possible unfinished walls or blocking volumes? Some maps don't have this problem which is why I test them before using them in rotation.
I could care less about the size as I warn my players and provide a download for them in advance. It is a shame.
It would be great if you could make this work for servers running ServerExt Mod.

Thank you though it was a pleasure to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, I haven't checked your map in the editor, but you should be able to wrap the indoor sections in a TWIndoor lighting volume, keeping the outside and inside lighting separate.

Also check out the "Lower Brightness" setting of the skylight, it allows you to somewhat control the brightness of shadows without affecting the overall light brightness.

At one point in time I did have a

Upvote 0
Found a game breaking bug in V2. The trader in the boat house. If you stay past trader time, the gate closes, anyone near is locked inside and you can't fire past the gate mesh.

Also happens in V3, although the trader in the boathouse kicks you from the gate now, however, the trader down the stairs (under the house) trapped me earlier this evening. Not sure if it's something that can be fixed?

Either way, we still love this map, thanks for taking the time out to port and enhance. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0