• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF RPG Mod

every server is the same. The difficulty increases when players reach a certain level and start killing with that. Making the server increase in difficulty automatically. Your personal skill level determines the costs of the weapons in the shops. We had an update today that lowered the costs, so that might have been confusing.

Upvote 0
Here is my feedback on the mut:

First off, great job. Brings fresh air to an otherwise staling game.

That being said, it was a great idea to have all the weapons on the same level do the same DPS, however, the crossbow seems to be a cut above the rest when the headshot multiplier is factored in. It just obliterates everything if you know how to aim somewhat decently, as a level 3 crossbow can deal 60k worth of damage per shot, which is vastly larger than the DPS of any of the other weapons.

To be honest tho I haven't a clue on how to balance it properly, just stating that the crossbow seems to outperform all the other weapons.

Upvote 0
Here is my feedback on the mut:

First off, great job. Brings fresh air to an otherwise staling game.

That being said, it was a great idea to have all the weapons on the same level do the same DPS, however, the crossbow seems to be a cut above the rest when the headshot multiplier is factored in. It just obliterates everything if you know how to aim somewhat decently, as a level 3 crossbow can deal 60k worth of damage per shot, which is vastly larger than the DPS of any of the other weapons.

To be honest tho I haven't a clue on how to balance it properly, just stating that the crossbow seems to outperform all the other weapons.

welcome to the club hehe. We knew when we released it, it would be impossible to have a decent balance. For now, just try and enjoy it as is. As stated before, its WPC's/IDNoise's last mod...and we wont spend endless hours on balance.

We will release the mutator and a large manual how you must set it up server-wise...cous trust me...its not easy. :)

This week we will keep an eye on gamebreakers. We have released a new update this morning making the servers increase in difficulty.

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0
WPC 1: beginner, start from lvl 1 ZEDS, 500 monsters to go to the next level of ZEDS
WPC 2: medium, start from lvl 2 ZEDS, 400 to go to the next level of ZEDS
WPC 3: hard start from lvl 3 ZEDS, 300 to go to the next level of ZEDS
WPC 4: insane, start from lvl 4 ZEDS, 200 to go to the next level of ZEDS
WPC 5: insane, start from lvl 4 ZEDS, 200 to go to the next level of ZEDS

Server 4 is also back online

Upvote 0
I've noticed while playing on the server (probably around an hour or so) that the higher level players seem to suck up most of the killing blows. Thus "robbing" everyone else of precious money that is needed to upgrade their weapons/level up. This just continues to snow ball until that player cannot handle the overwhelming hordes of Specimen. Once this happens the entire team seems to fall apart.
I think that perhaps the exp/money sharing could possibly be tweaked? Because almost every game there would be a lvl90+ player who would take about 90% of all the kills and leave the rest of the lowbies starving for kills.
It's been horribly frustrating trying to get above level 1 because of this trend.
Plus all the higher level players only seem to use the crossbow, which is a last hit wonder. Which in turn gives them a majority of the exp and money.
This RPG mod is amazing, but the snow balling of the higher level players is killing it for me personally. :(

Upvote 0
what the guy above me said is indeed true, also, leveling seems to slow down at a very fast pace as you level your skills above ~5-10 as the costs become huge by that time, but once you reach a certain point (getting weight cap to 15 so you can carry a lvl 5 wep and having a high cash income) will result in them gaining yet another huge advantage as they start gaining thousands exp and a steady stream of cash.

especially with the Xbow, today i was playing with a guy that had a level 5 Xbow around .. 25 minutes and just started 1 hitting everything up to bosses, i have seen him deal over 200K on headshot and around 30K damage standard, he was practically carrying the team and making about 80% of the kills even though his overall levels weren't super high. his highest skill was EXP boost at lvl 21 if im correct. I'm scared to even think about someone with an average perk level of 50.

(I'm not complaining about the power of lvl 5 weapons or high level perks though, the leveling of perks just needs some work i think, needs to be more gradual (1000 + 2000 + 3000 + 4000 + 5000 etc. becomes a real high number really fast, which doesn't get much support from the exp perk in the end))

on another note, i find the reload perk (i think it was reload perk) a little confusing, as it states to reduce reload time by 5% per level and has a max lvl of 100 ..meaning you get 500% ... better said.. reloading before you reload. im not sure if its a typo or a misinterpretation .. hell, i could even be imagining things.. just wanted to bring it to your attention

Last edited:
Upvote 0
new update has improved the turrets health and nerfed the xbow

this is how we will run it for now, so enjoy.

Use the beginner server or the 3 normal ones to perk, or use flames and stand behind the ones taking the kills from you. Very usefull way to skill up. :)

Yeah, while last night that player was way overpowered for everyone else, i found the best way was to try to hit a zed b4 he got his shot off, giving you a portion of the xp. (then ask them for dosh from the thousands they had for lvl 1 and lvl 2 weaps) Also once the levels start getting higher, if your a lower level, it pays to leave and restart in a new server or try and find a game just starting.

Im really glad you took out all the excess 00s much less screen clutter now.

Upvote 0
Exactly how do I buy weapons? I'm on a European keyboard layout, and '?' doesn't work because it's a shift key. Neither does the flashlight button, or any others.

Can I set this key manually?

The button's whatever your quick flashlight button is in your controls. One of my friends had the same problem as you. It showed the go to shop button as ? and F didn't work. I believe what fixed it was for him to manually change the quick flashlight button in the settings to basically anything. It'll probably detect your button after that.

Upvote 0