• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map kf-lostboys

I wonder what lvl their characters are lol

beginner / lvl6 perk and my map is a piece of cake lol (I'm assuming yours is too)

I wish there was an appeal process where a tripwire tester would login to your server and play it with your group.

random question but what is your levelrules respawn value set to?

ok i just checked the map itself and there is no kflevelrules actor in the map. also the mindisttoplayer on your zombie volumes is set wrong. 5 minutes with this map and i could have this thing insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh rly, I wonder what steps I should take to remove this from final, just add a R2?

If you could tell me what to do that would be great, released with a big thx to dex sticker lol

or feel free to edit it, but I'd like to know what you did as I'm trying to take the same concept and design a much larger map by this spring break.

Upvote 0
the terrain editor was not my friend when I released it, since then I've learned to use it a bit (I could do that.

I thought the skymesh took the place of the skybox?

what do you think an appropriate respawn seed should be? I can play with it

map needs appropriate mindisttoplayer on the zombie volumes, what would you recommend.

I guess I'll replace the file and whitelist forum file with kf-lostboys_r1 or something, what do you think?

Upvote 0
ill tell you what you need to do:

the zombie volumes, the ones that are in the play area have a min dist to player of 600. the ones that are outside of the play area need to have a min dist to player of 1.

600 in play area

1 outside of play area

next, the KFlevelrules is a actor: go first to Actors - Info - Replication Info - KFLevelRules.. place that in your map. when you look at its properties there is a WaveSpawnPeriod, the default value is 2. i suggest setting it to .5, or .1 (if you really want the zombies to start pumping out!)..

the skybox isnt major but id suggest looking at other maps to see their skyboxes, maybe copy paste one into your own map (make sure it has the same fog settings as inside of your map). the skymesh is what goes into a skybox to make it look like sky.

the terrain isnt a major deal either but it would look alot better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey we just got done testing a new version. I've updated everything like you said and it is positively evil now but we tested with a 2 man demo squad up top and it because easy. I really don't like the demo class right now.

So I'm adding some trees and stuff to block views, hopefully that will work and it has so far but it impacts the frame rate unfortunately so I'm trying to come up with another solution.

I wish I could find some way to negate the demo's power :-\

www.torreznet.com/kf-LostBoys_r3.rom

thats the latest version

Last edited:
Upvote 0