• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1038 Update - Expected Later Today

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are expecting to release a required update for clients and servers later today. This will bring the build to version number 1038. The WIP changelog is as follows:

Balance Changes
    • Greatly reduced the instances of Zed teleportation. Essentially players should never notice zeds teleport now unless a zed is completely stuck and cannot move, which should be extremely rare.
    • Siren can no longer teleport. Added the Siren to the list of large and more powerful zeds that can not teleport.
    • Crawlers - It was hard to notice when crawlers were attacking you so we adjusted the stationary attack animations. We've also redone their getup animations.
      • You can now jump over and onto crawlers, knocking them down.
        Refined evade animations for Crawler, Slasher and Stalker
    • Zeds now utilize evade animations when trying to avoid grenades

Sharpshooter
    • Decreased EBR Rifle stun power to 8 (was 40)
    • Decreased Railgun stun power reduced to 50 (was 100)
    • Increased Railgun Lock on time for Bloat/Scrake/Fleshpound is now 1.1sec (was 0.35)
    • Freeze Grenade radius has been increased to 900 (was 600)

Knockback refinements
    • Crawlers
      • Stationary attacks no longer push players
      • lunge attack now only slightly pushes players
      • Stationary attack has the crawler jump up higher so it's easier to see you’re being attacked
    • Alpha Clot
      • Lunge attack now only slightly pushes players
    • Slasher Clot
    • Cyst Clot
      • Attacks no longer push players
    • Stalkers

Stun duration refinements - After fixing an issue with how stun durations was calculated the following stun durations should now be applied. This should make it harder to stun-lock large Zeds.
    • Cyst
      • Stun length 3.0sec
    • Slasher
      • Stun length 3.0sec
    • Alpha
      • Stun length 3.0sec
    • Crawler
      • Stun length 2.5sec
    • Stalker
      • Stun length 3.0sec
    • Gorefast
      • Stun length 2.5sec
    • Bloat
      • Stun length 1.5sec
    • Siren
      • Stun length 1.5sec
    • Husk
      • Stun length 1.5sec
    • Scrake
      • Stun length 1.2sec
    • FP
      • Stun length 1.2sec
    • Patriarch
      • Stun length 1.0sec
    • Hans
      • Stun length 1.0sec

Difficulty
    Hard - The Win rates are still lower in hard then we'd like so we're adjusting the damage mod for some of the zeds for Hard difficulty.
    • Stalker
      • damage mod 0.75 (was 1)
    • Crawler
    • Bloat
    • Gorefast
    • Siren
    • Scrake
      • damage mod 0.7 (was 1)
    • Fleshpound
      • damage mod 0.65 (was 1)

Bug fixes
    • Fixed an issue with the RPG and M79 not causing damage or knocking back Zeds at point-blank range
    • Fixed an issue with the Combat Ready skill so that it now applies to the 9mm pistol
    • Fixed a bug where stun duration wasn’t calculated properly
    • Fixed an issue where a player could jump through the fence in Farmhouse map
    • Fixed Rack 'em Up counter not decreasing with Crossbow misfire.
    • Draw distance optimization for some maps
    • Fixed a bug with light bulbs remaining lit after being shot
    • Marksman skill no longer increases shotgun firing speed.
    • Members of Zed team should no longer see human portraits on HUD
    • Removed huge background volume on Hostile Grounds
    • Top weapon Knife icon to display the correct knife
    • Changed “Field Medic” localization for Romance languages.
    • Fixed Collision Issues with Green Poles on Burning Paris during Versus
    • Fixed Rotating Lights being fixed in place on Burning Paris
    • Fixed issue in Versus with Husk fireball leaving flames on the floor that knock players back
    • Fixed an issue with the Zed Napalm skill not properly lighting other Zeds on fire
    • Sharpshooter passive, recoil, now works properly
    • Fixed spectator's spawning under the world in Biotics Lab, Evac Point, and Prison
    • Fixed Medic Enforcer Perk not giving new max ammo
    • Fixed several achievement issues
    • Fixed Hans not playing his correct VO for nerve gas barrages and grenade barrages. Now players will be able to tell the type of attack by the VO, and he sounds much more manic/desperate in later phases

Looks good. I wont try hard diff but I hope the rest of the changes make for compelling gameplay.

We shall see re: the stun value. Im sure that a level 25 sharpie with the appropriate skills shouldnt notice much of a difference. And it should at least give the zeds more chance of being challenging on harder levels.

My only gripes are that HoE zeds move too slowly. And the medic gun doesnt seem to stumble anymore. Cant remember if this is intentional through one of the last updates!

GL.

Upvote 0
    Tagasaki;n2257507 said:
    Guess I'll stick to Suicidal and HoE.

Yeah I think this may end up being reverted somewhat - Hard really looks too easy on paper.

Maybe start by reducing the trash damage by itself if Win % isn't where TWI wants to see it?

I think these 2 changes will be found to be a mistake:
    • Scrake
      • damage mod 0.7 (was 1)
    • Fleshpound
      • damage mod 0.65 (was 1)

Those are significant changes!

Upvote 0
    Well, Sharpy was my favourite perk - i thought it was pretty ballanced, except for EBR - yeah, instastun Scrake and ripping his head of with one magazine (at least on hard, dunno about higher diffculties).
    BUT, railgun got so many nerfs it turned from "awesome" into "wtf?". Yes, railgun was able to stun big zeds in two headshots, BUT:
    - It was almost impossible to lock head of running/raging zeds - especially FP - his chest-core was disrupting the autoaim very often.
    - Thanks to size of railgun (10) and uselessness against small zeds (EVERY t4 weapon can be used against small zeds pretty efficiently) sharpshooter with railgun was useful ONLY against big zeds - it was completely OK to have powerful railgun, that is limited by its size and slow reload.
    Who knows, maybe i am a noob, but i never did the most damage with sharpshooter - i was good at stunning enemies and after stun capability got nerfed, i am not sure how useful this perk will be for me...

Upvote 0
    Veny;n2257520 said:
    Well, Sharpy was my favourite perk - i thought it was pretty ballanced, except for EBR - yeah, instastun Scrake and ripping his head of with one magazine (at least on hard, dunno about higher diffculties).
    BUT, railgun got so many nerfs it turned from "awesome" into "wtf?". Yes, railgun was able to stun big zeds in two headshots, BUT:
    - It was almost impossible to lock head of running/raging zeds - especially FP - his chest-core was disrupting the autoaim very often.
    - Thanks to size of railgun (10) and uselessness against small zeds (EVERY t4 weapon can be used against small zeds pretty efficiently) sharpshooter with railgun was useful ONLY against big zeds - it was completely OK to have powerful railgun, that is limited by its size and slow reload.
    Who knows, maybe i am a noob, but i never did the most damage with sharpshooter - i was good at stunning enemies and after stun capability got nerfed, i am not sure how useful this perk will be for me...
    say goodbye to your favourite perk then
    The end of SS is coming

Upvote 0
    On paper and as on-perk SS: People that were using M14 without Ballistic shock before will notice no difference. Using Ballistic Shock v1038 with M14 nets the same situation now as using no ballistic shock now pre1038 (minus small difference in damage).

Railgunners with Ballistic shock will see no change to SC takedowns as long as the hit is a headshot (100% stun). On FP, it doesn't matter whether or not you take the skill. It's still going to be 3 shots at best when the stun would activate (same shots required to kill).

Attempting a balance to SS by not making their weapon the goto for offperk.

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2257498 said:
    Looking forward to seeing these tweaks.

I'm glad to see the first round of Sharp adjustments is primarily focused on the stun and not nerfing the outright damage - I think that would have been a bad path. :)

Also very excited to see an expanded freeze nade radius!

Disagree. I'm glad to see the stun nerfed, but my main issue is the damage. Way too overpowered. Something is seriously wrong when I was a level 4 sharpshooter and getting top kills in a 6 man suicidal game.

Upvote 0
    I just agree with the stun nerf M14 and rail if they do an buff on stun skill for sharpshotter, there is no point in playing with this perk if an average player cant kill an FP, this is the only point to play this perk and if they remove this this perk will be useless and nobody will play it, what a stupid update, maybe time to back to kf1 ?

Upvote 0