• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1038 Update - Expected Later Today

Veny;n2257520 said:
Well, Sharpy was my favourite perk - i thought it was pretty ballanced, except for EBR - yeah, instastun Scrake and ripping his head of with one magazine (at least on hard, dunno about higher diffculties).
BUT, railgun got so many nerfs it turned from "awesome" into "wtf?". Yes, railgun was able to stun big zeds in two headshots, BUT:
- It was almost impossible to lock head of running/raging zeds - especially FP - his chest-core was disrupting the autoaim very often.
- Thanks to size of railgun (10) and uselessness against small zeds (EVERY t4 weapon can be used against small zeds pretty efficiently) sharpshooter with railgun was useful ONLY against big zeds - it was completely OK to have powerful railgun, that is limited by its size and slow reload.
Who knows, maybe i am a noob, but i never did the most damage with sharpshooter - i was good at stunning enemies and after stun capability got nerfed, i am not sure how useful this perk will be for me...

i agree on the last sentece :p
SS was so strong he could 1shot big zeds in HoE 6p with railgun. Thank god they nerfed it.
Scrakes couldnt even do any damage to any person if there was a SS in team, cuz he got instantly stunned to death.

OT:

I think, since there are some nerfs to zeds and the hard difficulty, there should be some compensation now. Less damage, less HP and now you can knockdown crawlers when they block your path. How am i going to die now? :D
The hard difficulty nerf was a bit too much. Now people will join suicidal cuz "hard is too easy now". I heard it a lot in the past already. Please spectate some matches TWI, and look where and why people fail to survive the matches. Dont just look at stats, they are not accurate.

Upvote 0
-the "most headshots did" in the after action report is bugged. I think it counts how many heads you hit, not kills. That means shotgun has more headshots than kills.

-in zed time SCAR fires above the crosshair when you aim down sight

-Eviscator fires above the laser when you did a melee attack

-when youre at the spawn lobby (when you freshly join a server) the UI disappears when a new wave starts

some bugs to fix for you guys :)

Upvote 0
FoolishNinja;n2257568 said:
-the "most headshots did" in the after action report is bugged. I think it counts how many heads you hit, not kills. That means shotgun has more headshots than kills.

The reason why supports seem to rack up the headshots is because they don't need a clean headshot and they are firing buckshot, many different projectiles. As long as you aim for the upper body, at the shoulders or so, and destroy the head of the zed (and probably its entire upper body) then you will score a headshot. It would technically be correct in this way. This is my theory anyway, but that's not to say yours couldn't be partially true. Though, if it were, then I would have at some point played a game as support and received more headshots then kills, assuming I could get 8+ headshots or more per one kill.

Upvote 0
Veny;n2257520 said:
Well, Sharpy was my favourite perk - i thought it was pretty ballanced, except for EBR - yeah, instastun Scrake and ripping his head of with one magazine (at least on hard, dunno about higher diffculties).
BUT, railgun got so many nerfs it turned from "awesome" into "wtf?". Yes, railgun was able to stun big zeds in two headshots, BUT:
- It was almost impossible to lock head of running/raging zeds - especially FP - his chest-core was disrupting the autoaim very often.
- Thanks to size of railgun (10) and uselessness against small zeds (EVERY t4 weapon can be used against small zeds pretty efficiently) sharpshooter with railgun was useful ONLY against big zeds - it was completely OK to have powerful railgun, that is limited by its size and slow reload.
Who knows, maybe i am a noob, but i never did the most damage with sharpshooter - i was good at stunning enemies and after stun capability got nerfed, i am not sure how useful this perk will be for me...

You have to take something else with the railgun. And reducing the stun of the railgun in particular didn't change the meta on HoE 6p at all. A level 25 SS can one shot a Scrake with MANUAL aim, none of that auto aim nonsense, and he damages the FPs' head to a point where any other gun class can quickly blow it off. So if you are a sharpshooter.. and you want to take down big zeds.. level up and use the rail gun with a med smg for all of the trash. Oh, and learn to actually aim the thing without aim assist. If you play with random players then you have to be quick to put the big ones down, because hitting a raged scrake or fp is not easy, but it's not too bad when they are running straight for you. (I only call out the manual aim because: it is the best way to handle the big zeds and does ~double damage and also, people in this thread are off in their stun calculations.. or it's more accurate to say they are correct but only with the aim assist)

Last edited:
Upvote 0