• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1037 Update

I play mostly hoe so IMO zerk's crovel weapon is useful now.And ya feels easier than bullseye update.Thanks for listening.The Skirmish skill is working 2hp/sec but I have doubt with smash skill cause it feels like I'm doing same hard hit damage with masscare and smash skill.I played solo hoe 3 times yesterday...so against boss patriarch I used smash damage skill but sometime it did stun him sometimes it didn't,he was able to hit me right after I used pulverizer secondary attack on him.

Pulverizer ammo is too low to fight against the boss.So I bought 1 more pulverizer last round and I did refresh 3 times but still the weapon vanished.Please fix parrying it should mitigate more than 60% damage cause blocking can mitigate 50% and its easy to block where in parrying you have time it correctly.I don't care how many changes can be brought to zeds...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bashes. Commando getting trash-decapping bashes back, and gunslinger and sharp getting them, that is neat, but it's the valuable-ammo-weapons-only perks, support and demo that really benefited from the versatility of having had them, pre-bullseye, and they're still not back for support/demo weapons.
Completely undoing the trash zeds' bludgeon resists would be the direct route in restoring trash-decapping bashes that were there before bullseye. This would affect the pulv and crovel, but going from x0.9 damage to x1 damage with them against crawler/clot/cyst/slasher/stalkers wouldn't matter at all usually, since it's already usually a 1hit kill.

Gorefasts' head health (50) didn't change, so they still feel completely different than pre-bullseye, (20 head health) even with many of the resists made subtle enough. With a stronger head, headshots feel less rewarded than before, proportionally compared to the ammo it'd take shooting the easy center mass target.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zerk still dies too easy if they are out of sight of a medic. I am playing zerk more now but its just not very fun and a real liability for you team on hoe. It is my favorite class. I can kill stuff fast but in reality it isn't a very survivable perk to choose anymore. It gets knocked around by the trash and if you are fighting a big zed you can die way too easy but being knocked off target and missing a hit or parry. The parry system still seems broken as well. I take too much dmg for a successful parry and without a medic this often means death for poor zerky.

oh and btw are knockdown incaps planned to be fixed for zerk as well? since other incaps have been fixed for other perks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes the new skirmish skill is working very well,also please make parry damage reduction to 80%-90% .Zed knockdown skill where is it gone?You made melee attack speed optional but it was 25% now it is 20% more.Massacare and smash are doing almost same hard hit damage so dunno why would I choose smash over masscare and smash skill stun doesn't work on patty everytime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've yet to see a dev respond to the proposal of increasing zed numbers or speeding up spawn rates (or both, even).

Is there a technical limitation due to the engine? Would it bugger performance too hard?
What does speak against it? Should be an easy, quick fix in the game files. Just try it out until it feels right, ammo buff certainly was a step in the right direction.

Also thanks alot for reverting those resistances! Game's a bit too easy maybe, but still more enjoyable than Crawlers tanking shotgun hits.

Upvote 0
A new bug came with this update. All cosmetic items are gone. Also all crates obtained are also gone. Might want to fix that.

I didn't experience this issue with the new update. Verify game cache? Reboot Steam?

I've had instances where items were unavailable but relaunching KF2 fixed it in the past. Probably some kind of sync issue.

Upvote 0
Bashes. Commando getting trash-decapping bashes back, and gunslinger and sharp getting them, that is neat, but it's the valuable-ammo-weapons-only perks, support and demo that really benefited from the versatility of having had them, pre-bullseye, and they're still not back for support/demo weapons.

Oh!

I thought it was just me... I had assumed all the bash damage was reverted back. Agreed - I miss being able to effectively do this with my shottie and/or hx25.

Upvote 0
Can you please FIX the KF2SDK crash that is now occurring due to update! Worked fine before the update these little things that are overlooked when you guys update/brake things is horrible. Materials and textures missing in maps, Modded servers not showing browser, SDK nonfunctional, Cosmetics missing. Version 1036 was by far the most stable...where everything was working as it should, except for modded/custom servers not showing in game browser.

Upvote 0
Oh!

I thought it was just me... I had assumed all the bash damage was reverted back. Agreed - I miss being able to effectively do this with my shottie and/or hx25.

I was able too with the HX-25. One bash against clot variant => dead.

I also experimented the bug of shooting a zed at point blanck range and it did not do anything... (with M79/RPG).

Also, sometimes shot still do not detonate (less than before). It tends to happen when there is a siren. Maybe some people experienced it ?

Anyway, with change on zed resistance against demolition damage, M79 is pretty good :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
However, there are plenty of players who are up to a standard that would warrant this. I am by far not the only one who finds HoE no longer much of a challenge and wants something beyond it.

I'm just asking for one more difficulty. If it turns out that a large enough amount of players find that too easy after a while, why not add in a new difficulty? I don't see why you would want to limit the challenge like that. There is a lot of fun and satisfaction to be had trying to get good enough to be able to play a harder difficulty. I remember when I used to attempt to play HoE as a joke when I first got the game - on solo of course, I'm not a horrible person. It seemed so far beyond me. But I have put in the effort to become a better player, and I want that experience again.

Recently I've been mucking around a test server trying to figure out better ways to kill big zeds with every class. Currently there really isn't much point because I actually don't find them much of an issue. However, there would be a point to this continued betterment of my play if there was another difficulty that made it so that my skills aren't quite up to scratch.

If you don't want it for yourself, I can understand that. But I don't see why having it would be an issue. Well, I do see one issue with it: it would further divide the community that plays on higher difficulties...

Upvote 0
I've yet to see a dev respond to the proposal of increasing zed numbers or speeding up spawn rates (or both, even).
First issue with those ideas that comes to my mind is that the game has a listed minimum specs on the steam store page and those changes could require higher required specs. TWI have stated before that they don't wish to change them because players that could previously play the game can no longer afterwords yadda yadda yadda.

In addition to this the game was already built to support weaker hardware than many other companies would bother with so the limit is closer because of that as well.

Speeding up spawn rate can only go so far. Once the concurrent zed limit is met the system can only spawn more zeds as they are killed. This means the spawn rate is effectively controlled by the players, something you don't them to have control over because they will find exploits.

That's my three cents.

Upvote 0
I was able too with the HX-25. One bash against clot variant => dead.
Only if you choose the "Armor Piercing Rounds" skill. "rounds" mattering for bashes isn't very intuitive.

And AP rounds isn't an otherwise appealing skill choice, since it only affects direct impact damage on weakpoints, not explosion damage, and when firing demo weapons, direct impact damage is only really important when RPGing scrakes, and scrakes die from the same number of headshots regardless of AP rounds on many difficulty/playercount/demolevel combinations, though on others you can save a rocket.
So really, it seems the main benefit of AP rounds, in many cases, is bashing trash! Crazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Armor percing does not impact explosion damage ?
How can they justify a difference of 8 ammo then... :( ?
Well, being able to kill with one bash is good when you have the HX-25. But still, if it only impacts (significantly) bash... It's not that great.

Maybe it can help to kill a siren/husk/bloat on a direct hit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Armor percing does not impact explosion damage ?
How can they justify a difference of 8 ammo then... :( ?
Well, being able to kill with one bash is good when you have the HX-25. But still, if it only impacts (significantly) bash... It's not that great.

Maybe it can help to kill a siren/husk/bloat on a direct hit.
You're confusing "Armor Piercing Rounds" with the skill two tiers down "High Impact Rounds", don't worry, that one actually increases explosive damage on (any, not just headshot) direct hit like it's supposed to (as far as I can tell, anyway).

Upvote 0
i don't get it
having 50 Difficulty Levels would be dividing Playerbase by 50, rather than 4.
good luck not playing alone.

And AP rounds isn't an otherwise appealing skill choice, since it only affects direct impact damage on weakpoints
are we sure about this? perhaps i'm just assuming from how other games parent things, but i would assume that it would apply to the Explosion as well.

if we're sure that it only affects the projectile itself and the explosion definitely doesn't parent to the projectile... that's disappointing (because as you say, really not that much reason to care about using it then). aiming well to increase Explosion Damage allows some Skill use of that are normally AoE spam Weapons, and i approve of that.
:/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but I don't see your argument as a decent counter, as it is only valid for the ridiculous numbers you claim. As I said, I am asking for one more. If they make it a significant step up from HoE, then I don't see that there would need to be yet another difficulty added on top of that any time soon, or potentially not at all.

It is an issue, and leaving it the way it is is obviously not going to be the solution.

Upvote 0
You're confusing "Armor Piercing Rounds" with the skill two tiers down "High Impact Rounds", don't worry, that one actually increases explosive damage on (any, not just headshot) direct hit like it's supposed to (as far as I can tell, anyway).

You're correct. I confused the two skills. The reason I confused this two skills is because I'm actually able to oneshot trash zed with a bash (with hx-25) without having the "Armor Piercing Rounds"selected.

Upvote 0