• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just a little hint about the SWAT perk, please?..

I think the worst thing that Tripwire could possibly do, is listen to the fans that are asking for a machine gun, particularly those that are showing a blatant disregard for actual in-game balance.

**** that, they should add a giant chainsaw that has a Patriarch tentacle built in, and you can sacrifice a teammate to the tentacle to restore your health and armor. And a pistol that shoots an endless stream of Bloat puke so you can blind your teammates as they run from Scrakes, giving you time to get away. Lastly a shotgun that shoots welding darts, to seal your blinded teammates in with their destiny. Call it the Community Goodwill Update.

Upvote 0
Neither of the unannounced perks are set in stone yet. Yes we have a general direction for them and work has gone into that direction, but we are keeping a close eye on what roles they need to fill as we work on existing perk balance and role refinement.

Interesting. This sheds light on the decision to make several passes on classes before all the classes are released.

Upvote 0
I'm expecting a low ballistic damage, High RoF durable perk that excels at afflictions. A shield, if we're lucky enough to get it, would be ideal as a functionally unique weapon similar to the demo c4 that represents a choice between the highest amount of firepower or additional defense(the shield and T4 would be mutually exclusive). More importantly, the shield itself should be a low damage melee weapon that gives the perk the ability to block while wielding the low tier SMG and a modified bash. No damage resist, no extra health or armor. Just the ability to block like any other melee weapon. This way, whatever solution TWI finds for the current walling tactic would carry over to the shield.

Upvote 0
LMGs

LMGs

A Large Machine Gun would be a great addition that promotes a fresh playstyle deviating from just kiting. But then there is always the concern over fun versus balance. You would not want the gun to be too powerful to the point that other perks seem useless, but you also would not want to make it unpleasant to use through some cantankerous stats (highly expensive/scarce ammunition, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tripwire could perhaps balance a LMG by doing one of these:

- Shifts the focus (a bit) away from damage, and more on crowd control.
+ This means a special ammunition that do less damage than a SCAR while tazes/slows-down/insert-supportive-ability zeds instead of just mowing them down instantly. They could make this a bit believable by making the LMG an old inferior soviet model or just invent a new LMG altogether.

AND/OR

- Makes the gun stationary, with an elaborated deploying/dismounting animation. Plus limited rotation, about 45 degrees in each directions.
+ Risk - Reward. Dishing out constant damage at the cost of being vulnerable. The deploying/picking up animation forces the player to be strategic at where they set up, and prevent them from just pick up the gun and run the instant he is in danger. Skillful players can anticipate trouble and dismount in advance, leaving the gun behind and fall back.

AND/OR

- Utilize Bloat and bigs zed as bullet-shields
+ Smaller zeds can then walk ups and overwhelm the players if he is not careful. Husk also becomes a priority target for the teams due to the gunner's stationary nature.

AND/OR

- Keeps the magazine large, but introduces interruption periods.
+ Could either be the gun overheating, long reload time, and maybe an elaborated animation for mounting/leaving the gun. This should prevent the player from just holding down the trigger and force him to rely on his teammates for protection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, a defensive/support glass-cannon perks would be quite fun to play.

Upvote 0
Twice the firerate of the SCAR-H, similar damage output, and almost the same quantity of ammo.

Where does the idea come from that by charging 3000 dosh, it somehow balances out the clearly dogs-balls statistics you've mentioned above? The cost of the item isn't going to shut players out, so much as encourage constant spamming of REQUEST DOSH at the end of wave 1 to the end of wave 9.

I think the worst thing that Tripwire could possibly do, is listen to the fans that are asking for a machine gun, particularly those that are showing a blatant disregard for actual in-game balance.

If I remember right, we've seen M60 in the motion capture vid ^^

Upvote 0
  • Baton instead of knife? Upgrading baton to the Electric baton via perks? Wielding together Riot Shield and baton?
  • Perk focused on the Armor-vests instead on HP?
  • What about wielding 9mm and Riot Shield together?
  • He could even use smg's and riot shield together, but for lower acc or sth
  • he should also wield smgs in normal way ie like commando
  • Tank/Stunner class like zerk?class
  • Higher ammount of armor? Passive armor regen? Or armor regen upon successful X action?
I think SWAT should be a stunner/support class, you know a guy who will take care of a raging sc or fp in case of the emergency. This game could use a another zerk-like-class. We have perk/fb for aoe control, gs/ss for bigzeds, commando/support trash cleaners.

It would be amazing to block husk shots with your RiotShield and absorb the dmg for youself so others won't get dmg, or deflect/parry zed attacks.

His shield should work like parrying, you can hold it anytime and absorb lets say 60% of the inc dmg. But ofc shield will break faster, and you will have to repair it after every wave at shop. In the worst condition his shield would be unable to parry but would still block like 20% of dmg.
Yeah just don't make him *commando smg* , this class has a huge potential for fun and unique gameplay

Same goes for the martial artist in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As much as I love the baton idea I believe he should get a knife like everyone else. I say this because I also think alternate 9mm/knife selections should be a thing, and on top of that I feel a baton should perform differently than the knife.

Also just throwing this out there, but an all-perk dual knuckledusters "sidegrade" for the knife focusing on blunt damage would also be cool!

Upvote 0
I believe the Baton and Shield should be a package deal; equipping the shield puts the baton in your other hand. That way you have a nifty new item to switch the perk-skill to your liking. I'll explain below.

Perk skills I have in mind; posted them in Ideas already, but testing a new audience, and modified it to accomodate the baton discussed above:

Tear Gas // Flashbangs -
======================
Stuns zeds for a long priod of time over a small area. Stuns zeds for shorter periods of time over a large area.

Shield strength // Baton Power -
======================
Increases your shield's stopping power so you can bash large zeds causing knockdown, but slows it down. Adds 30% stun chance to your baton and speeds it up

Arrest Warrant // Dead or Alive -
======================
Increases all grenade effectiveness by 50% in both time and area of effect, as well as adding 45% knockdown chance to shield, all of which now work on boss. Increases perk weapon damage by 45%

Narcan // SWAT medic -
======================
Replaces your standard syringe with a [real life] drug called Narcan [used by police to treat near-death overdose victims and save their lives]; your new syringe now has an alternate mode (select with middle mouse like a rifle) that can only be used once like an epi-pen (per wave), rapidly restoring full health to a teammate, or yourself but only when equipped and ONLY IF INTENDED PLAYER'S HEALTH IS 20% OR LOWER. Adds 50% healing boost and 50% cooldown speed to your standard syringe when healing fellow SWAT perk player.

That's my 2 cents. I think SWAT should be a stun class first and a killing class second. Would be a good supplement to a team. Two SWAT guys with shields could replace a broken door for a little while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0