• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Europe: 1914-1916

We skipped our normal schedule in order to have our next media release today, Veterans Day. IE Team Member Javex wrote a nice piece to get it started.

"Hello everyone,

As you may or may not know, today marks the 91st Anniversary of the Armistice in Europe, bringing about an end to The First World War.

Since that day, people around the world continue to mark November 11th as a solemn reminder of the sacrifices of the young men and women who went overseas to preserve freedom for their people. And those that still uphold those values today, and are overseas as we speak, fighting for you. Putting their lives on the line.

Let us not forget the sacrifices of these brave men and women. Please, if you know anyone who is currently serving, or has served in the armed forces overseas, honour them. Use this one day to show them how much you appreciate the privileges and freedoms you have today, that they defend.

Lest We Forget... "
-Javex

Work continues as normal for IE. October and November have been good to us so far. We have two new members to introduce, Miro! as he's known around here, is our new texture artist, and our other new member is WillB, who's work you can see a bit below.

First up we have a new character model to show you guys,
germanMGCrew.jpg

As you can see, this will be our German MG crewman for our 1915 maps.

We try to take as much care as possible when it comes to uniforms. They're much more complicated then they first appear, especially the German ones, Different tunics for Prussia and Bavaria, different cuffs and button arrangements.
There's also the fact that uniforms changed some much after the first year of the war, and continued changing in some cases.
So getting the uniforms correct is a long process, we've got tons of information to process, organize, and then give to the modelers and texture artists.
But we're trying to make IE as accurate as possible. So if you notice anything inaccurate, tell us.

We also have a very nice static mesh to show off,
18p.jpg

This is the British 18 Pounder. I have to say that it won't be a usable, but it's still nice to look at. You'll see one or two of these lying around in some of our early war maps.

That's all for us now, stay tuned for the next update, and by the way, we're still looking for members so if you want to help out feel free to drop off an application.

Please visit us at,
http://ironeuropegame.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WW1 was not a war about freedom i think, it was a war that if anything did more damage than it did good, especially considering all those lives lost, countries wrecked and lasting damage in other areas.

In the end i think this means we should and must remember WW1 so that we wont hopefully do the same again.

Upvote 0
Well WWI meant the end to the monarchies especially in Germany and in Russia, lots of nations got their Independence (Czechoslovakia, Finland, Turkey, etc)

In my opinion it is hard to say that a war changed things to the better or not or brought freedom but I know people in North America think a bit different about these things so I let them have their opinion. And you shouldn't forget Javex makes awesome sounds so is allowed to claim anything and I mean ANYTHING :eek:

And as always any help on the mod is appreciate (even more if you are an animator or coder :D)

Upvote 0
Well WWI meant the end to the monarchies especially in Germany and in Russia, lots of nations got their Independence (Czechoslovakia, Finland, Turkey, etc)

In my opinion it is hard to say that a war changed things to the better or not or brought freedom but I know people in North America think a bit different about these things so I let them have their opinion. And you shouldn't forget Javex makes awesome sounds so is allowed to claim anything and I mean ANYTHING :eek:

And as always any help on the mod is appreciate (even more if you are an animator or coder :D)

it certainly had a negative impact on the middle east. In the balkans it merely added to the already existing damage done by the various powers there.

Upvote 0