• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Well at least they havent given up, I'l give em that!!

I just love the way a game that doesnt for a second claim to be realistic (COD4) is decades more realistic then INS!!!!

The least the INS lot could have done was add bullet trajectory. But its too easy to fall back on the small map excuse.

But its a lack of imagination thats the main reason. Thats why this mod has FAIL written all over it!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's just, not fun.

Firefights should be fun and exciting, but they're railgun fights instead. RO has deadly weapons too, but you have a high chance to survive that fight if you know what you're doing. I think this is because of the huge hitboxes in INS. Our beloved RO has hit detection per pixel, so you can have a bullet go through your legs, between your arm and body etc. This makes the fights very realistic.

BTW I don't think COD4 is "way realistic" than INS, even in hardcore mode, it's still a fast paced deathmatch. INS has a slower gameplay, realistic maps, but somehow boring firefights.

Upvote 0
Haven't played it in months, but I'll try this one. But I agree that they have a lot to fix. It's not necessarily the gameplay that scares me off, but the bugs and the smacktards. The riflemen aren't even unlimited, wtf.

*Choose rifleman*
*End up with shotgun (the bullets stop in mid-air on this one)*
*Suicide, choose rifleman, respawn*
*Spawn with RPG*
*Spawn with shotgun*
*Spawn with RPG*

*Quit*

Last edited:
Upvote 0