• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Alright, now the update is out. Let's not do this again.
I'm super happy with how the new maps and perks turned out, but very disappointed by the time it took.
I recall a Tripwire rep mentioning that there are technical reasons why it takes so long and in the future it should be more frequent. But I still can't comprehend why you need to finish 2 entire maps and essentially 3 perks for a single update. Next time I recommend one thing at a time, under a fraction of this update's development time.
But still, thank you for this update, it's really really good.

Upvote 0
Alright, now the update is out. Let's not do this again.
I'm super happy with how the new maps and perks turned out, but very disappointed by the time it took.
I recall a Tripwire rep mentioning that there are technical reasons why it takes so long and in the future it should be more frequent. But I still can't comprehend why you need to finish 2 entire maps and essentially 3 perks for a single update. Next time I recommend one thing at a time, under a fraction of this update's development time.
But still, thank you for this update, it's really really good.

I can tell you why, it was the first of many! Being the first, they had a lot more fundamental gameplay systems to work on such as the teleporting zeds, zed mechanics, map mechanics, clipping and pathfinding, optimization and many more!

These are examples of things which are fundamental, likely take a long time and won't need full reworks again on the core level.

Upvote 0
It's not like there are that many other servers up right now :p

I've never tried it before, it was crazy! I've never felt so weak as a demo. HX25 full-on point blank was only softening clots up, my 9mm was not decapping stuff, I wasted half my RPG ammo trying to kill a scrake...And the boss fight, never have I seen so much firepower concentrated so hilariously.

Upvote 0
I can tell you why, it was the first of many! Being the first, they had a lot more fundamental gameplay systems to work on such as the teleporting zeds, zed mechanics, map mechanics, clipping and pathfinding, optimization and many more!

These are examples of things which are fundamental, likely take a long time and won't need full reworks again on the core level.

A patch addressing issues with those systems and overhauls could still come with just a single map, perk or even without new content. Doesn't explain why so much stuff has to be bunched up before releasing the patch.

Upvote 0
I am honestly shocked the horrible ammo changes made it into the final patch. What a lazy way to fix the problem (I would argue it creates more issues than it solves). I understand not all decisions will be popular but there were MUCH better options to solve the problem. I hope the team continues to explore better solutions.

Otherwise excellent update. Really great quality work as always!

Upvote 0
I am honestly shocked the horrible ammo changes made it into the final patch. What a lazy way to fix the problem (I would argue it creates more issues than it solves). I understand not all decisions will be popular but there were MUCH better options to solve the problem. I hope the team continues to explore better solutions.

Otherwise excellent update. Really great quality work as always!

As far as ammo goes, I played for about an 2 hours on 2 maps, both maps I've been playing recently on the beta version, and it seemed that there were more ammo boxes on both maps and as the waves progressed there were even more. So I think there is more now then when the beta came out. It's not as much as when EA first started, but that was a little too much, in my opion.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0