• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Hey,

don't know if this is the right place for feature requests, but have you thought about adding an enter/leave functionality for tank crew members? Would it be a big hassle to implement that? Or would it be something you don't put emphasis on?

Regards!

(My opinion only) I have always thought that tank crew should be with their tanks and not abandoning them and running around as infantry. In fact, it was probably discouraged (just an educated guess); skilled tank crews should have made their way back to their own lines so they could be in replacement vehicles... or as the game has it, you spawn in a new tank. This is one of those situations where, it is realistic that they could leave the tanks, but it leads to unrealistic gameplay behavior if they actually did.

That is besides the issues of coding, animations, etc etc for leaving a tank, all that time that would be needed for that for little to no gain for gameplay.

I say that because even though I'm glad we finally have transports in the game, it is still annoying to see players teleport in and out of those transports. I was always under the impression that one of the reasons that it took SO LONG for them to be in game was because of the extra time needed to create and code those animations.

Upvote 0
I would like it to leave a tank sometimes, i.e. if the tank is heavily damaged, and I could jump on another tank next to me. It would also make the tank hull gunners position more attractive, because you would find some targets in a tank battle too.

I thought, if it's possible to leave a Halftrack, so it shouldn't be that complicated to bring this possibility for the tank crew. As long there are no animations for enter/leaving a troop carrier, nobody would miss it as a tank crew member. Kleists idea with the delay sounds fine.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So true always hated it back in the Dh , Ro Ost or Mare Nostrum Days. Penetrated the enemy tank so hard, even the ultimate beasts like tigers or Is2 and than i got not rewarded for my effort.

I remember, that was annoying. I did never understand, why you earned the points for killing the tank crew, and not for the tank itself. It has always been worth more to put a fully loaded troop carrier out of action, than a tank.

However, I just wanted to know, if they have think about this feature, because I missed it. So if there is no huge demand in the community, I can easily do without...

Upvote 0
My source is Unus Offa, Unus Nex and his source is 'WWII Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery' by Lorrin R. Bird & Robert D. Livingston. I believe you can find this book online to read.

4-34b9f66f99.jpg

http://ru.scribd.com/doc/219173969/WWII-Ballistics-Armor-and-Gunnery

I dont see here anything about mp40, its ammo and SN-42, This book tells about tank armor.

Upvote 0
If I would have the time and skills I would make a chance that on a tank destroy :
1- you weard hear the screams and knocking of the crew that can't get out of the burning tank
2- you would see a crewman on fire try to crawl out of a hatch and die.

Include this and the death moans in vanilla RO2 again and it would be a ptsd simulator all over again.

Upvote 0