• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

1 minute is a little extreme, given the average life expectancy of your average soldier in RO2. And that's not to mention that grenade spam would develop as a new tactic simply to render the opposition deaf 24/7.

IMO, 3 seconds sounds much more reasonable, with an additional 2 seconds added for your sound to recover.

I agree, if added, a full minute is a little extreme considering the nade spam on some maps. Three to seven seconds of muffled sound? Again, if added.

Upvote 0
Very high suppression effect - instantly the bar is empty, and it takes a while to recharge (5s?). This effect occurs within a radius larger than that of the kill zone, and if I recall properly the shock effect goes through walls too.

It feels pretty cool. You feel like there's a grenade going off 10m near you, or in the room beside you, and you barely manage to live.

I remember in one of the early days of RO2 there was a effect which move your body by shock wave, if you are close to an detonation. Maybe it

Upvote 0
The 2mm plates of the SN-42 would for example only withstand a 9mm bullet from an MP40 at ranges of 100+ meters, and a 7.92x57mm rifle round would shoot straight through both plates even at 500 meters.

The std. 7.92mm s.S. round would penetrate 5mm of steel at 100 m, and 3 mm at 600 meters, whilst the almost as numerous S.m.E. round would penetrate roughly 10mm of steel at 100 meters, and 4mm at 600 meters. The S.m.E. round became std. in mid 1943, the s.S. round being reserved for sniper and machine gun use.

This, aaz?

Upvote 0
This, aaz?

I never claimed that SN can stop rifle bullet, Even modern body armor has problems with it ( though it can stop it if bullet hit armor under some big angle).
I dont know about german AP 9mm pistol ammo, but regular 9mm bullets couldnt penetrate SN even from 5 meters ( by memories ). MP40 shouldnt have some big difference from pistols, bullet speed is higher only for 10-15%. Even if mp40 penetrates SN ( with regular ammo ), it happens only from very low range ( 10 meters? ).
I also suggested to give 9mm AP ammo to germans coded as explosive rounds for sniper rifles if germans really had them.
It can be also coded as machine gun tracer bullets - Every 3/5/10th bullet is AP

Upvote 0
I also suggested to give 9mm AP ammo to germans coded as explosive rounds for sniper rifles if germans really had them.
It can be also coded as machine gun tracer bullets - Every 3/5/10th bullet is AP

No, please no ap rounds.

I think it'd be a matter of tweaking the right angle of impact and the right distance and the right speed/stamina/encumbrance malus to make them balanced and funny without being totally useless or overpowered.

Possibly without totally forgetting historical accuracy (but remember balance and gameplay fun have priority over it)

Also the map where the sappers would be employed (probably odessa) may need some

but its up to coders

Have you heard panzerjager or dibbler? do they agree or think it'd be too much or useless work?

Upvote 0
me from 1 page ago said:
As to the whole body armour thing, most MP40 after 1942 were issued with 115gr ammunition as opposed to the 124gr ammo, which produced a higher velocity than normal, and it would go through up to 3mm of armour up to a range of 100m.

It's three large 2mm thick plates of steel IIRC, so it should weigh more than 3.5 kg all together.

The lead core 9mm bullet might very well have been unable to pierce the 2mm steel plate, but by 1942 onwards the P.08 m.E had long been standardized and it would penetrate 2mm of steel at 100 meters. The P.08 m.E flew quite abit faster than the regular P.08 patrone as-well, up to some 425 m/s through the MP40.

Comrade AAZ: this is not AP ammo, it is high velocity ammo designed for better performance in an SMG - it became standard issue during 1942. It would go through 3mm steel up to 100m.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My source is Unus Offa, Unus Nex and his source is 'WWII Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery' by Lorrin R. Bird & Robert D. Livingston. I believe you can find this book online to read.

Here are also some other online sources which also support 100m for MP40.

http://www.oocities.org/rf_mikael/bodyarmor.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Bib

Wikipedia said:
"Following the adoption of the Wehrmacht on the supply of 9mm cartridges, the cartridge code R.08 mE (German: mit Eisen Kern), with a bullet with mild steel (iron) core, required the thickness to be increased to 2.6 mm for the chest plate (2.5 - 2.7 mm). This redesign received the name SN-46."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My source is Unus Offa, Unus Nex and his source is 'WWII Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery' by Lorrin R. Bird & Robert D. Livingston. I believe you can find this book online to read.

Here are also some other online sources which also support 100m for MP40.

http://www.oocities.org/rf_mikael/bodyarmor.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Bib

unus is a very bad source. Wikipedia too.

from oocities.org

German MP-40 submachinegun penetration data (assuming PPO8 ammo):
dry pinewood 23cm at 50m, 15cm at 200m;
brick wall 4cm at 50m;
sheet metal 2mm at 50m;
steel armor of 2mm will only be dented.

this only proves that mp40 cant penetrate SN42 at all.

Upvote 0
From the same site that you quoted (oocities)

"Wherever the fascists ran, they were hit by frontal and flanking fire of our troops."

Maybe it's not an impartial source that site...maybe:rolleyes:

However imho the discussion about historical accuracy and IRL efficacy of mp40/body armor/pistols ecc... are ok, but they become totally unconstructive past a certain point.
I think There should be at least 10 times more debate about how to make them balanced and fun to use, and how to adapt better the eventual map.

Upvote 0
The whole "armor" thing doesn't even seem to be worth adding.

Get what you have polished and bug free instead of bloating the mod with features.

As much as I like the idea of major new features, I have to agree!

Until the mod gets whitelisted, or released officially there is no need for anything ambitious. We should be thankful if all the things already in existance can be polished for a final version that *Anyone* can have pleasure playing with.

Here I also mean the coats that we saw a few months ago. I'm not sure if that is real to implement either. We saw a showcase of it in-game, but it's still buggy.

People argue that they want more content, wouldn't it simply be better if we did simply that? That's all that everyone wishes for as I understand ever since RO 1.

Upvote 0
The whole body armor sounds intriguing to me, even if it didn't prove that effective against smg and rifle rounds.

For one thing, the body armor looks bad-***. It also might stop long distance shots, but even if it didn't I would certainly play with a different mentality wearing one of those things, as I would feel like a bi-pedal tank (even if it really had almost zero protective qualities).

Upvote 0
unus is a very bad source. Wikipedia too.

from oocities.org

German MP-40 submachinegun penetration data (assuming PPO8 ammo):
dry pinewood 23cm at 50m, 15cm at 200m;
brick wall 4cm at 50m;
sheet metal 2mm at 50m;
steel armor of 2mm will only be dented.

this only proves that mp40 cant penetrate SN42 at all.

Read it again AAZ. From the same website:

"SN-42 - Stalnoy Nagrudnik 42 - Steel Chestplate 42.
Weight: 3kg
Thickness: 2mm
Reportedly it could stop 9mm rounds fired from MP-40 at 125-150m. "

So. There's a LOT of sources that say MP40 could be stopped beyond 100m. I've yet to see one source where the MP40 could be stopped at point blank, especially when firing the 08 mE round. Unless of course you happen to have one? I've provided 3 sources which all say 100m or even more.

p.s. Unus is the largest source behind our Weapons data in IOM. From my experience he is a pretty reliable source of information, and though I have disagreed with him at times over things like Terminal Ballistics, he has proven to be an invaluable resource to the development of Immersion Overhaul Mutator. Additionally the source he posted is perfectly credible - which I mentioned above.

Again, there is a reason why the SN-46 was developed with 2.6mm armor - as has been mentioned, the 08 mE round was able to defeat the 2mm of the SN-42.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Read it again AAZ. From the same website:

So. There's a LOT of sources that say MP40 could be stopped beyond 100m. I've yet to see one source where the MP40 could be stopped at point blank, especially when firing the 08 mE round. Unless of course you happen to have one? I've provided 3 sources which all say 100m or even more.

i dont understand what are you trying to tell me. There was different 9mm ammo for germans, 1 did not penetrate SN42 at all and another did penetrate from 100m.
The only question is how popular second type of ammo was.

p.s. Unus is the largest source behind our Weapons data in IOM. From my experience he is a pretty reliable source of information, and though I have disagreed with him at times over things like Terminal Ballistics, he has proven to be an invaluable resource to the development of Immersion Overhaul Mutator. Additionally the source he posted is perfectly credible - which I mentioned above.

from my expierence what unus does is falsification ( example
Spoiler!
), trolling and ignoring just everything that doesnt benefit to his opinion.
Recently he was seriously telling me that germans are underpowered in ro2, he gave 5 arguments and 2 of them were.. underpowered mkb42.

He was also " proving " that REGULAR mauser was more accurate than REGULAR mosin by better german sniper training and german rare optics. ( how the heck is it connected to accuracy of regular bolt rifles ?)

for me its sad that IOM uses such unreliable.. source

Last edited:
Upvote 0