• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Drib, let me know if you need help tracking down any issues on our end.

Also, every build would need to be submitted for whitelisting (to answer lugnut)

Thank you, I'll be in touch :)

I'll be going out of town for the weekend in less than an hour, but I put the default axis summer uniform together using my new system so you guys can get an idea of how it works and how new skins can be put in. This is what it looks like:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/81crbq953696asu/ROAxisPawnDefaultSkinExample.ini

I'm pressed for time so I can't really explain it at the moment :( But it's the basis of what can be a very specific, nuanced system.

To clarify, this is what MyUniform looks like in the defaultproperties of my modified ROAxisPawn.uc. I added lots of tabs and newlines for the sake of readability. A simple script could take those out and restore it to its evil looking single line form, which I believe needs to be done if I keep these in a defaultproperties block somewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it is Whitelisted, I've no doubt it will be very popular and on many servers.

I'd second a Spawn on SL toggle option...... :D I know you can do this now, but it turns a server Unranked which is the kiss of death. If a whitelisted mod does it, I assume it would stay ranked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it is Whitelisted, I've no doubt it will be very popular and on many servers.

I'd second a Spawn on SL toggle option...... :D I know you can do this now, but it turns a server Unranked which is the kiss of death. If a whitelisted mod does it, I assume it would stay ranked.

if it would have that option it would probably not be whitelisted. Which is the main reason why I fear this mutator might have troubles getting whitelisted. Even though the ability of no zoom would make it my fav mut.

Upvote 0
In the past, I've been on the fence regarding zoom, as on paper, it seems to have its benefits. However, I now find that in some way -that is quite hard to grasp or to describe - it simply lowers the quality of the gameplay and the immersion.
I was watching some combined arms gameplay of RO1 the other day, and it struck me how nice it 'felt' that there was no zoom. I made the mental exercise of merely imaging that zoom was available in that video, and the 'niceness' already fell apart...

So yeah, big supporter of no zoom here (or maybe very limited zoom, but then again, why bother?). But I applaud TWI for trying to push bounderies with this. It's just that it doesn't work, imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only way to have a ranked server with Spawn on SL Off, is a Classic server, atm. Once you go Custom and you turn spawn on SL Off, it unranks.

Yoshiro mentioned TWI might look into this though.

RGN's Custom Map server is running in Custom mode with Spawn on SL OFF and it is RANKED, so I think you have been misinformed.

Upvote 0