• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Here's something you don't see everyday, and before you ask. No, I'm not the lucky owner. I just wish I was. My 91/59 is only a scrubbed Izhevsk rifle.

tikk91592.jpg

Upvote 0
yeah, I used denatured alchohol for the most part, but also a combination of other stuff. I would whipe it on, then I was blast it with an air-hose to make the shellac come up faster.. I dont know if it was the type I was using or what it was, but eventually the shellac stopped coming to surface. So I went to the hardware store and bought a product called "simple green"... which works the best in my opinion. Spray it on, do a little bit of scrubbing, whipe it of and repeat.. do it outside on a sunny day so that it dries quicker...when it fully dries, than only will you see what the simple green did. After the simple green, there was still quite a few heavy spots that where the shellac was just so damn stubborn.. in that case, I got a small peice of broken glass and lightly scraped over the area's with the sharp corners with moderate pressure.. It took off the shellac in a matter of seconds.. just be sure not to apply to much pressure.
============================================
The Enfield was given to me by my uncle who used to use it for hunting. I usally dont like sportized rifles, but I think the Enfield didnt turn out all the bad looking, and besides... it was free :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, it wasn't drilled and tapped for a scope, and the barrel wasn't cut down. All it needs is a stock and a few metal pieces. I don't mind saving a bubba rifle if it can be restored. My 1918 BSA Sh.T. Lee came in a plasic ATI stock. For now it has an Indian D.P. stock, but one day, I'll find the correct stock for it.

I do have one question though. Why did you blue your SKS bolt?

Upvote 0
thats really cool, thanks for telling me that. Any recommended places to purchase a new stock from?

I do have one question though. Why did you blue your SKS bolt?
I blued the bolt just out of curiosity, and thought it would look pretty nice..although I think after a bit of shooting, the blue will start to scratch off. I also wanted to make it a bit different than the average SKS you will see other people have down at the range

Upvote 0