• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

but something new for me:

No4mk1_002.JPG

http://www.gunpics.net/uk/no4mk1/no4_2.html

I want. :(

How much do No. 4 cost these days anyway.

Upvote 0
Oh no bas, your russian/german collection is swelling uncontrollably, other nations are being ****ed in! Still no use trying to fight it eh ;)

Saw it in a gun shop and it just called to me..... I can be awfully weak at times ;)

But I've always had a thing for the Enfields, thought I should get one before the prices get really silly.

Moz this one cost me NZ$400.00; prices are steadily going up.

Upvote 0
Ahhhh hardware you have launched the growth of a green-streak in me!

Damn nice looking pieces! CMP or did you track them down, get luck on the buy...?

I'd love to get an M1, but they're out of my league ATM (though I do plan on picking up a new .22 this Friday to make 'learing the ropes' easier for some friends, so I'll just pretend it's an M1 :p)

Upvote 0
Very nice Goetz, good first choice :) I'm getting almost the same rifle this Friday, but it's scoped (store has it for 150, it'll make a fun trainer :D)

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was a very good choice, but when I handled it I liked the feel and the action. I actually didn't purchase it myself (I'm 17), my dad purchased it for me.

Mine cost $105, although I'm hopefully going to pick up an extra magazine for faster reloading at the range as long and they aren't too expensive. I'm also going to have to get a cleaning rod among other cleaning materials to clean it when needed.

I've already fired it a several times in my basement (not my idea, my dad's actually). We used several panels of wood to stop the bullets, and wore eye and ear protection. Nice smooth action and seemed damn accurate for a 22LR. I don't plan on shooting it down there anymore though because I know the fumes are bad for my health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want. :(

How much do No. 4 cost these days anyway.

One point of advice from my own experiences (and I'm sure several other people's as well): go ahead and invest in a good one-piece cleaning rod. Avoid the 'universal' kit things, from what I've seen the rods tend to be cheapo.​

They are really cheap now in the U.S. Around $99-$200.

The problem is the Ammo. Surplus 303 used to be dirt cheap. Now all that is left is very expensive commercial ammo.

If 308 and 7.62x54r ever get that rare, Im finding a new hobby. It's expensive enough as it is.

Upvote 0
Semi-auto and 7.62x54R! Gotta' love it!:D

And trust me I do.

The irony being that 7.62x54r is now cheaper or the same price as 7.62x39 and 223. Amazing!

Sighted the original 4x26 scope in at 100yards and it hits the center of the target every time. It's better than sex I tell you. :D

Just wish this scope had an LED lit reticle. Not that I really need one.:cool:

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't have one of those puppies. I do have an SVT 40 to play around with though.

This isn't a rifle but I wanted to go ahead and post it. It's a Bayonet for a No. 1 MK III. I swear you Brits liked to carry around swords in WWI!:D

M1907bayonet.jpg

It's dated August of 1918, I think. Which is cool because my Sht Le is a 1918 BSA. It was made by a company called Wilkinson. I don't know much about this bayonets history. So if anyone wants to chime in with some info. on the markings. I sure would be grateful.

It also came with a free Spanish Cetme Bayonet.

Cetmebayo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is that one of the bayonets from southern ohio gun? if so was it 29.95 shipped? because i saw nothing about shipping when i was checking out and haven't actually completed the order yet

Yep, I ordered it. Along with a P17 Bayonet. The Enfield Bayo looks used. While the P17 bayo looks new. (probably refurbed) Both bayonets, with the two free Cetme bayonets, had $8 shipping added. Although I think the Enfield bayonet was $24.95 when I bought it.

Upvote 0
I have the short Indian bayo for my 308 Ishapore Enfield. Looks strange but it is correct for that rifle.

I need to save up about $150 for a bayo for my SVT40 though.

I did get the correct Romanian bayo for my PSL on ebay but when I finally got the rifle I found that the Romanians ground of the ears on the bayo lug. I should have waited to get the darn rifle. Still a good addition to my collection though.

My CETME bayo would not work right on my CETME with the Century break on it. Once I replaced it with a Tapco short FAL break the bayo locked on much better. Still a little loose though. Can't get over how strange it looks to mount a bayo upside-down on a rifle LOL.

Upvote 0
Where the hell would you find an STV 40 anymore? And how much would you have to pay? That's the one semi-auto I really want to own. It would make me so many shades of happy.

41Tula.jpg

I bought mine at a local shop about a year and a half ago. It was $500 dollars. I over paid a little when I bought it, but prices passed my purchase price a while ago.

Upvote 0
Where the hell would you find an STV 40 anymore? And how much would you have to pay? That's the one semi-auto I really want to own. It would make me so many shades of happy.​

Check gunbroker.com often.

They turn up there frequently when a collector wants to sell but be prepared to pay anywhere from $600-$1000.

Be warned that a lot of folks try to pass off normal SVT40s as sniper SVTs based on the fact that theirs has the grooves for the scope mount. This is incorrect as most SVTs had the grooves but were not really sniper versions since they are missing the locking notch on the top of the reciever.

I see some crooks try to pass off infantry SVTs as snipers there all the time and it makes me mad that gunbroker allows this type of disshonest representation.

Buyer beware.

Upvote 0
Check gunbroker.com often.

They turn up there frequently when a collector wants to sell but be prepared to pay anywhere from $600-$1000.

Be warned that a lot of folks try to pass off normal SVT40s as sniper SVTs based on the fact that theirs has the grooves for the scope mount. This is incorrect as most SVTs had the grooves but were not really sniper versions since they are missing the locking notch on the top of the reciever.

I see some crooks try to pass off infantry SVTs as snipers there all the time and it makes me mad that gunbroker allows this type of disshonest representation.

Buyer beware.

Yep, mine has the rails, but it doesn't have the notch that snipers have. You'll probably never see a real SVT sniper notch unless it's in person. It's basically an unwritten rule among SVT sniper owners not to post pics on the internet. Since it is so easy to fake.

Upvote 0