• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

No kidding man. I paid 29 bucks for the first iteration waaaay back, dropped it for a while, then paid 39 for FB gold pack, and 19 for Pacific fighters a few years ago. DOH!

Well you got your moneys worth at least :)

I bought forgtten battles(AUS$69.95), then Aces (AUS49.95,which i gave away), now ive bought pacific fighters gold last year(AUS$49.95), and I've still got to go buy 1946. Cant wait for those jets tho.

Upvote 0
Your gonna love the jets. ;)
Its so nice when the engine explodes mid-air without warning because you werent gently enough on the throttle...:eek:

edit: and climbing to 30,000 meters just to run out of fuel and dive down at > mach 2. :D

Heheh I think for the first week of playing all I would do is over throttle a ME 262 up and down to get the engines to pop and watch the plane bust apart and see the engines fly off in different directions.

Upvote 0
I've been looking for IL-2 tweakguides everywhere.
Can't find the ones with detailed enough information to get started though.

Anyway, which file should I open?

I've heard you could set various settings like water detail, effects and forest to use newer graphical technologies?

Oh btw, this isn't for me but for a friend of mine...

Upvote 0
I just went through this last week, so I can help you out.

First off, switch to OpenGL rendering, not DirectX. The game is supposedly optimized for OpenGL, and the better effects are all OpenGL only.

To access the "perfect" settings, find a config file description (you'll need to look for yourself) or use the program IL-2 Sturmovik Stab (google it). That program allows you to set the perfect water settings (totally amazing!), the perfect forests, the dynamic lighting, etc.

I now fly at 10 meters over rivers whenever possible because the water looks so great.

Upvote 0
SpitfireApproach2smaller.jpg

New composite I just made.

Upvote 0