• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If there was a (sp)ww2 game where you play as German, would you play it?

If there was a (sp)ww2 game where you play as German, would you play it?

• Only if it was based on another Front than the Eastern and Western Front

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And I swear, if someone finally does get the balls to make a German perspective game, and in it they have the player "repent" and start fighting against other Germans, I will rubbish the game as loudly as I can, "good game" or not. If it's going to be done, it should be done properly.

Yeah, I hated how in OFP's Red Hammer, Lukin switched sides about 3/4's through.

Upvote 0
True.

And I hope this is not counted as politically infleunced comment, but imagine. How most of the people would react that british soldiers are shooting american or british soldiers in a game. That's the question I would like to hear an answer - yet it might be mission impossible.
While I originally meant that ironical, I now find this pretty interesting indeed ...

Upvote 0
I reckon the important thing would be if there was such a game it would have to avoid stereotyping the Germans. One of the things you gather from reading German accounts of the war is that at a personal level they were all fighting for a variety of reasons. They weren't all in it to be conquering 'Nazi ubermensch for fascism' as some people believe, and they weren't by a long shot all Nazi party members.

I also think it'd need to have a sad ending, or at least an ending where your character comes to the stark realization that all is lost and Hitler has led the country down the drain. It'd have to be a development thing (yes SHOCK character development in a game) where you start as an idealistic young Soldier in the early campaigns and end up jaded and burnt out at the end.

I'd want a mature story, not some quasi-hollywood triumphant chest beating action movie **** like we get in WW2 games these days.

I'd also love to see a good SP game where you play as Ivan too!

Upvote 0