• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 I think i know how TWI can fix axis stack problem.

That, and allow the attackers to have more tickets and more players than the defenders. Like allow the defenders to have 30 and attackers 34.

This would make matters worse on Campaign when the stronger and winning side, whatever flavor it might be, always attacks until they build such a large lead they force the other side to attack and burn Campaign Power, or just attack all the way to the end.

C'mon, we've been through this before, if you want to stop people from choosing one side, don't allow it. Add auto assign as a server option, the hardcore will still switch back when they can, but most people won't bother.

If you want to talk about balancing asymmetrical armies, which is what we have in both RS & RO2, then fine, but that's another thread.

Upvote 0
Rage quitting is exactly what gives this "Axis stack" the chance to exist.
Playing as the Red Army, I normally experience a balanced team at the start of a match, but you have too many who do their own thing and give a **** about teamplay. If the team asks to preserve tickets lower ranks often acknowledge and stay back, but the high ranking ones rush forward depleting the tickets and then as the situation goes really dark the rage about the team being stupid and how it sucks, this is usually were we at 40-1 get active with kicking. Some however rage and rage quit at once.

Another example are new players who will bluntly tell the team to stfu as they are coordinating their moves via voice chat. And they also do not listen to what you ask the team to do.

I've experienced this many times on the Allies team but rarely on Axis. I assume people are still brainwashed by Call of Duty that Allies always win the campaign. Also they might believe that the campaign is historically accurate and therefore anyone who joins Axis is stupid as they will lose in the end.
Next thing is that people obviously believe that RO2/RS are FPS like CoD or UT and it's TDM. They do not care that you actually need to assist your team and play your role correctly.

I experienced it once that I asked a MGer to suppress the enemy, the answer was "Shut up, I don't waste ammo like that!" :eek:
Some people are truly here just for the kill.
If I run from Zabs to the Voyentorg ruins and not to the square I do not do it for the kills I get inside there. I know that the Germans I killed are no longer able to shoot my comrades on the square.

If we truly wanted to have an equal game we'd need to throw spout all those single army folk, the rage quitting veterans, the ignorant newcomer. This just doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Also, does anyone notice a change in attitude regarding RO2 compared with RO1? When playing RO1 it never seemed to be about 'winning' but just fighting, in RO2 people rage if they lose more than 2 rounds in a row, like they're entitled to win and the result is people using the term imbalance.

Difference being that in RO1, even horribly unbalanced maps still had control points being contested, actual firefights going on and momentum going back and forth.

RO2 has a majority of matches either resulting in a first objective spawn camp for the attacking team, or the attacking team waltzing through the map in minutes, never encountering significant resistance.

This is a problem for just about everyone, except the fanboys that want the allied team replaced with bots, which is where the game is heading.

Upvote 0
It all depends on team coordination and competence of teamates to play the objective

Screencap'd from today

View attachment 15154

I've also noticed that the team with more communication with mics tends to do much better than a silent mob of the best players

THANK YOU!

An Allied victory on what appears to be Rackowice.
I'm guessing this is the 2FjG server as well, a server many have claimed is Axis slanted (also a server I have enjoyed since installing the game). So the next time someone posts:

"I have never won Rackowice as Allies", please post this pic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
THANK YOU!

An Allied victory on what appears to be Rackowice.
I'm guessing this is the 2FjG server as well, a server many have claimed is Axis slanted (also a server I have enjoyed since installing the game).
You guessed right :D

So the next time someone posts:

"I have never won Rackowice as Allies", please post this pic.
Well it is just anecdotal evidence, but it really does go to show that communication and PTFO is the key.

We were assaulting in concert with smoke, arty, APCs, and our tank kept the other tank busy :IS2:

Absolutely no player held back. And we didn't have only level 70+ players, in fact we had many ~20 level players.

Trickle to A, then spearhead to B, clean up C, pincer to D, and finally sledgehammer on E. I haven't had so much fun attacking Rackowice in a long time :)

People get this idea that certain maps are just unfun and unwinnable, think that it has to do with Russians being the problem, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. And while it's true that I tend see more communication on German teams, it's not as if communication never happens on Russian teams. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Playing as the Red Army, I normally experience a balanced team at the start of a match, but you have too many who do their own thing and give a **** about teamplay. If the team asks to preserve tickets lower ranks often acknowledge and stay back, but the high ranking ones rush forward depleting the tickets and then as the situation goes really dark the rage about the team being stupid and how it sucks, this is usually were we at 40-1 get active with kicking. Some however rage and rage quit at once.

Another example are new players who will bluntly tell the team to stfu as they are coordinating their moves via voice chat. And they also do not listen to what you ask the team to do.

I've experienced this many times on the Allies team but rarely on Axis.

You have perfectly described team stacking. You don't seem recognise it as such or have a problem with it. Disgusting.

It all depends on team coordination and competence of teamates to play the objective

Screencap'd from today

View attachment 15154

I've also noticed that the team with more communication with mics tends to do much better than a silent mob of the best players

Now post the next 9 times you play Rakowice on the same server and let's look at the results. That map is flawed.

Upvote 0
You have perfectly described team stacking. You don't seem recognise it as such or have a problem with it. Disgusting.

If there was an Allies stack, let me goes "NOT disgusting!"? :D

I do not feel responsibility for a team that does not act like a team. Whenever I ask for MG ammo, I do not get it or I even receive a "Shut up asshole!", which leads to me kicking this unsocial and immature player.

I am playing RO2/RS for the enjoyment of team play and not to annoy myself with immature and impatient people who believe they need to do the runner-up and get wasted relentlessly.

If you believe it fun you are very welcome playing on 40-1 and try teach these "gentlemen" and educate them in mature manners. Good luck! :)

Upvote 0
You can learn some things from this forum, learning about the actual truth about imbalance isn't one of them. Look at the Rakowice thread, you have hardcore committed people saying it's so imbalanced it's so terrible, then others say it's fine.

Also, does anyone notice a change in attitude regarding RO2 compared with RO1? When playing RO1 it never seemed to be about 'winning' but just fighting, in RO2 people rage if they lose more than 2 rounds in a row, like they're entitled to win and the result is people using the term imbalance.

+1 Meeelion!

Upvote 0
*Sigh* if only people in this game weren't immature and solely focused on points, kills, and winning (although this is what games are about). I miss team play in this game. This was the reason why I more or less joined the 29th, which after a bunch of grievous and horrendous errors made by the leadership to say the least, I left.

Upvote 0
When joining the losing team, mostly Allies in RO2, whilst RS is balanced, I have the honor of playing with people who have never heard of teamplay, some even "LOL" about team damage being on and rage at once if you team kill them or they get gunned down for stupid actions.

When I first played RO back in 2005, I learned it the very hard way, run out, try a strategy and tactics, fail or survive. Sure it was frustrating but it made me a good player today as I know what is possible and what is not. Daredevil runner-ups who whine about getting cut down by MG or rifle fire as they sprint in open ground, they deserve every death they get from this stupid behavior.

If you try leading these people, some acknowledge that you have experience and follow, the majority however just goes on like usual and then rages how the team sucks. Interestingly these people join the Red Army on purpose.
I grow tired of losing after like 2-3 matches and switch to Axis. If someone blames me, you are very welcome to keep losing and try to teach that indisciplined rabble.

Upvote 0
*Sigh* if only people in this game weren't immature and solely focused on points, kills, and winning (although this is what games are about). I miss team play in this game. This was the reason why I more or less joined the 29th, which after a bunch of grievous and horrendous errors made by the leadership to say the least, I left.

The problem with RO2 is that the maps are mostly so badly designed that losing is not fun at all. Hence the problem.

Upvote 0
The problem with RO2 is that the maps are mostly so badly designed that losing is not fun at all. Hence the problem.

Please stop over reacting, are some maps unbalanced, yeah, is it half as bad as you claim, no. As for the OP, I vote no, although I wouldn't mind seeing captured vehicles were they were used irl, to really combat axis teamstack, I vote for the OT -34, that'll even the odds on bridges of druzhina. :D

Upvote 0