• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 I think i know how TWI can fix axis stack problem.

Could have it so you dont get to select what side you play for that map.
RO2 players should be adult enough to handle that.

Hmmm, thinking about it again. If RO2 players were adult enough then there wouldn't be a stacking issue.

However, stacking Axis isnt really a problem in Australia. We mostly see stacking on maps that seem to favour a particular side.

Upvote 0
In campaign mode we face the problem that load outs an map do not match. Attacking Iwo Jima as Japanese against entrenched flamethrowers is a real challenge. You need veterans on attackers.

Attacking Bridges as either side is either fun or not. You can sweep the defenders away like bamboo before a storm or you go WWI and rush wave after wave into MG fire.

Maps who are clearly biased are:
* FallenFighters (Allies favored as they get to C faster and have better view)
* PavlovsHouse (Allies favored as spawn protection starts outside Zab's)
* Apartments (Attackers favored with 200 more tickets than Defenders)

Locking side selection results in friends who can not join one team together. Would downgrade the popularity even more. Also a vets to the rescue of the losing team won't work anymore.

Upvote 0
However, stacking Axis isnt really a problem in Australia. We mostly see stacking on maps that seem to favour a particular side.

I agree. When I get a chance to play on your servers, stacking really isn't an issue. Many other servers I also don't see any real issues either.

However, there are certain clans or groups of popular servers that I do try to avoid (that will remain nameless) that tend to have more juvenile behavior. This is why I say that those people complaining about stacking really aren't trying hard enough to avoid those problem servers.

Upvote 0
In campaign mode we face the problem that load outs an map do not match. Attacking Iwo Jima as Japanese against entrenched flamethrowers is a real challenge. You need veterans on attackers.

Attacking Bridges as either side is either fun or not. You can sweep the defenders away like bamboo before a storm or you go WWI and rush wave after wave into MG fire.

Locking side selection results in friends who can not join one team together. Would downgrade the popularity even more. Also a vets to the rescue of the losing team won't work anymore.

On fallen fighters the axis have a better flanking position. And on Pavlov's house the allies are lit up like Christmas trees while in the windows of E and F. While the Germans in A and B are pretty much invisible thanks to the smoke and the position of the sun.

The DP-28 on fallen fighters has a massive advantage over the german MGs. The flash hider. Means you are invisible. Snipers and other machine gunners at the distance they are away from you have to rely on muzzle flash. But if you don't have any muzzle flash you can fire on the enemy with impunity.

Upvote 0
And on Pavlov's house the allies are lit up like Christmas trees while in the windows of E and F.

Somehow I think that is an engine problem. If you look closely while you are playing, the avatars respond a little different to lighting conditions than does the rest of the map. They seem somewhat washed out and faded, the Russians more so because of the lighter colors of the uniforms. Or at least it does to me.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind, win/loss match records are still completely borked.

If TWI actually fixed this it would reveal exactly how Axis-biased RO2 is; hence I suspect the lack of urgency to fix it!

These maps are actually some of the least imbalanced. Interesting how you name all of the Allies maps - perhaps you are an Axis-only player?

If you remember, Apartments used to be incredibly defence biased leading to much more boring games. The new attacking-favoured Apartments is much more fun to play. It is still easy to defend if your team knows how to defend the correct points on it.

Somehow I think that is an engine problem. If you look closely while you are playing, the avatars respond a little different to lighting conditions than does the rest of the map. They seem somewhat washed out and faded, the Russians more so because of the lighter colors of the uniforms. Or at least it does to me.

Yes, this is a serious problem. The Axis skins are matte, while the Allies skins are day-glo. This really should be fixed.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is a serious problem. The Axis skins are matte, while the Allies skins are day-glo. This really should be fixed.

Agreed its a problem, but not every issue is as serious as you try to make it, it is actually subtle. I'm also certain its actually a graphics problem and not some attempt to make it easier to shoot Allies :p

Upvote 0
Axis team-stack conspiracy theory has officially jumped the shark.

Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Upvote 0
If TWI actually fixed this it would reveal exactly how Axis-biased RO2 is; hence I suspect the lack of urgency to fix it!

These maps are actually some of the least imbalanced. Interesting how you name all of the Allies maps - perhaps you are an Axis-only player?

If you remember, Apartments used to be incredibly defence biased leading to much more boring games. The new attacking-favoured Apartments is much more fun to play. It is still easy to defend if your team knows how to defend the correct points on it.

So it is good that Allies reach C faster than Axis?

Is it also good that Soviets can park a T34 in the spawn protection zone and gun down Germans without them ever having a chance to throw a HHL or a satchel at it? :rolleyes:

Ah, no matter when I was Axis or Allies on defense, we lost Apartments due to getting slaughtered.

Upvote 0
Give the Soviets an Uuurrraahh charge that surpresses like the Japanese have Banzai charges.

I was playing some RO2 again since a while and it is still the same. The Red Army was mostly a horde of undisciplined rabble denying and indifferent to Commander's orders. TK, raging and quit on defeat.

Who in their right mind wants to play with these kind of people?

Upvote 0