• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"I have 6 feet of Russia for you!"

- 'They must be ****ting their pants. I don't mean literally, I mean that they must be quite scared because the balance of forces are weighted in our favour. Except the ones who have dysentery: then I do mean literally.'

I bet some Germans where.
It was either that or pulling your trousers down to poop and then die of hipothermia.

(This did happen believe it or not, I've seen it in many WWII documentaries)

And the Russians did and do use the metric system. Before it they used several different obsolete units of mesurement.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
I would like to see a reduction in these at least - nothing huge, but they do come around a bit too quickly it seems :)

One that has literally almost sent me insane a couple of times, is the acid-trip "leaving the combat zone" - although it may only be a problem on certain maps. A couple of times I've stepped slightly out, and what seems like 4 or 5 different people are all spouting something together, and pretty loud too. Since the voice samples are different, they all blend together at full volume to create something quite painful! :) It certainly gets me back in the combat zone though. Where I last noticed this, was playing on the German side on Station - and I wandered too far left from the first spawn. Evil :)

Upvote 0
I guess the Soviet Union adopted the metric system somewhere around 20 years prior to the Battle of Stalingrad (one source I found said 1918, another said 1924). I don't imagine that would be anywhere enough time to completely erase the "fut" from colloquial Russian vocabulary. Assuming of course the grave implications of "six feet" has any meaning in Russian in the first place.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The whole point is to make the dialogue make sense to those it's targeted for. Assuming you're an American player, "Six feet under" is something you'll understand even though it's not something they'd say.

It's like playing a medieval fantasy game and everyone speaks modern English. No, they wouldn't actually be speaking the language in this dialect, but it's for the sake of the viewer.

I personally like the voice acting, though they do occur too frequently and in odd circumstances. I was advancing alone on Ogledow when my soldier just spouted "Are you wounded?"

Maybe he speaks to himself...

Upvote 0
I'm concerned that you even thought of the possibility of it being a 'dick' rather than a grave, six feet deep. Maybe they needed to dumb some of the phrases down so you can understand a little better..
I thought the same and assume that OP's sex-life is, well, let's say, not balanced...

Another thing: "I have 6 feet of russia for you" is not referring to the depth of the grave now, is it? Or am I misunderstanding that?

I put the native voices on as well, thanks to the hint in the forums. It's really increasing the immersion of the game, especially for me now, being a German, having my team talking in the native language and the russian in russian language. However, the German accents are still comedy-like...

Upvote 0
The whole point is to make the dialogue make sense to those it's targeted for. Assuming you're an American player, "Six feet under" is something you'll understand even though it's not something they'd say.

If I wanted to hear modern Americans speak I'd play something set in modern time. Part of my interest in RO is in learning about other peoples.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0