• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"I have 6 feet of Russia for you!"

I'm concerned that you even thought of the possibility of it being a 'dick' rather than a grave, six feet deep. Maybe they needed to dumb some of the phrases down so you can understand a little better..

"I have thirty-six square feet of acceptable burial land in Russia for you Fritz!" just doesn't sound right though.

Upvote 0
I'm concerned that you even thought of the possibility of it being a 'dick' rather than a grave, six feet deep. Maybe they needed to dumb some of the phrases down so you can understand a little better..

"I have thirty-six square feet of acceptable burial land in Russia for you Fritz!" just doesn't sound right though.

Yeah, now that you mention that, I could have really come up with this by myself. I know the expression six feet under, but me being a german haven't thought about that in the first place.

Upvote 0
Great, now we need RO voice overs for the 'very literally minded' (euphemism).

- 'Every six seconds a German Dies in Stalingrad; but statistics are only aggregates of facts, so you shouldn't take it to heart.'

- 'They must be ****ting their pants. I don't mean literally, I mean that they must be quite scared because the balance of forces are weighted in our favour. Except the ones who have dysentery: then I do mean literally.'

- 'Look what they've done to our homes, tovarishe. Mind you, these buildings were quite old anyway, and we'll now have the opportunity to construct accomodation more appropriate to twentieth century needs once this conflict is resolved.'

Upvote 0
Great, now we need RO voice overs for the 'very literally minded' (euphemism).

- 'Every six seconds a German Dies in Stalingrad; but statistics are only aggregates of facts, so you shouldn't take it to heart.'

- 'They must be ****ting their pants. I don't mean literally, I mean that they must be quite scared because the balance of forces are weighted in our favour. Except the ones who have dysentery: then I do mean literally.'

- 'Look what they've done to our homes, tovarishe. Mind you, these buildings were quite old anyway, and we'll now have the opportunity to construct accomodation more appropriate to twentieth century needs once this conflict is resolved.'

Haha, you most definitely win a prize.

Unfortunately it's a piece of Steam coal.

And you can't have it really :(

Upvote 0
My concern is for the person who wrote the script for the voice acting in this game and thought these lines were a good idea in the first place.

Every ten seconds it's something like "look! look what they've done to our homes!," "D*** this gun!" and my all-time favorite "I bet they're s***ing their pants!"

I quickly put the voices back to the native languages where they belong.

Upvote 0