• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How is this mod doing?

In general, the feel of the game. I found it to be more immersive and reflective of my conception of the eastern front (however wrong it may be). ROO feels too happy to me...very colorful and bright.

As I said, the gameplay in Ostfront is a few notches above that in 3.3. But its just not the mod....*sniffle*

Still the best FPS...easily.

I feel the same. It just doesn't feel like the mod. Maps look too polished and bright for a war feeling, I didn't like Jucha much in the mod because it felt this way, but when Ostfront arrived all the maps are made and polished Jucha style! We need that "war" feeling in maps back ASAP.

Only map comes closer to that feeling is K

Upvote 0
I don't understand the sentiments for the 'old' days. I was in and out of RO servers since 3.0 I guess. It is a far better game now in many technical aspects. As for the loss of the old community, what is the problem? Those folks are still probably around and you could always start your own 'old farts' servers. I remember plenty of nights logging on to play a round or two and finding barely a dozen players. What kind of fun is that? Yes, 'noobs' are a pain in the @$$ a lot of the time but my god, they at least fill serves and make for more interesting play. And they do learn and become better players with some time and encouragement.

As a new mapper for this game, it does piss me off that people ***** and moan about maps, missing old ones, complaining about this and that.... make your own maps. Stop complaining about old maps and how the custom content isn't what you like. I guess it goes back to being easier to ***** about something than to try to change/improve it.

In my opinion, the retail version suffers from one major flaw: A SERIOUS lack of financial commitment from the publisher to market the game properly. It could and should be twice as popular in player numbers. Second is a community issue and that is the old guard clinging to the old times and basically wishing the rest of us would collectively go away.

Upvote 0
Second is a community issue and that is the old guard clinging to the old times and basically wishing the rest of us would collectively go away.

On the contrary, as much as I may miss the old days, I've met and made friends with a ton of new people that didnt join up until ostfront. This game has been changing and progressing since it started, and with each change you just learn to adapt to the new stuff. People, maps, weapons, whatever. No matter how the game or community changes, theres always enough to like about the scene to make you stick around.

Upvote 0
Its not that I am clinging to the mod days and wishing for their return...more of a reflecting back on happy times. RO was the first game I ever really got into as far as the community and what not...its like my first lay ;)

Vader does wish he was around in the mod, lol...hes a pretty well-known guy these days but we can talk about the mod and make him feel left out :D

I don't think the cap system has changed much...just now you know if somebody is in there with you (not a fan of this)

Anyways...I have some good memories already from Ost. so its no big deal, change is good most of the time

Upvote 0