• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How is this mod doing?

Well its gaining in popularity thats for sure.
Been watching it on Game Spy stats over the past few weeks.
To create a trend line I always checked in the evenings (most popular gaming time).
A few weeks ago it hovered between 20th and 18th place.
Now it's around 14th place and gone as high as 12th.
Judge for yourself.

And its not the QUANTITY of players thats important , it's the QUALITY.

And so far the RO community is leaps and bounds ahead of so many of the other so called "popular" games.

Upvote 0
I'm with Kong....the mod days were better from my point of view.

Not as satisfying killing a team of ROPlayers when you used to play, essentially, huge mixed clan matches every night.

And I liked the feel of the mod more...had its problems for sure but it just had that something in it that made it so great. Its almost non-existent now, for me anyways. Now RO is just....RO. In the mod it was more like RO!!!!1!1!!

Upvote 0
I'm with Kong....the mod days were better from my point of view.

Not as satisfying killing a team of ROPlayers when you used to play, essentially, huge mixed clan matches every night.

And I liked the feel of the mod more...had its problems for sure but it just had that something in it that made it so great. Its almost non-existent now, for me anyways. Now RO is just....RO. In the mod it was more like RO!!!!1!1!!

i think i couldnt say it better. something is missing in ostfront that made the mod that damn outstanding. maybe its just because we all (ok not all, but the veterans) play RO for too long and we dont have this feeling to play something very special anymore.
i miss the old days when you absolutely knew everybody on the server and you could have really immersive teamplay without even using voip. we were well trained teams without beeing in 1 clan. it was a lot more teamplay.
i dont want to complain about the new players, but i think with making RO a retail game it lost a special feeling, like one big RO family.

*starting good ol 3.3 and looking for players*

Upvote 0
3.3 better then Ostfront?

No

Closer community in 3.3 then Ostfront?

Yes

Better community in 3.3 then Ostfront?

Well about the same.

Did I like 3.3 community better then the Ostfront?

Well the eavnings I didn't have to play Koitos 5 times within 2 hours I liked it more because of the closer community.
But since I did have to play Koitos multiple time every eavning on both of the 2 servers with people on them I think the community was worse.

Upvote 0
@sheep: theres a warsaw remake for ost i think

@svedberg: i think youre right, some maps were pretty overplayed but i think this only happened in the last few month of RO:CA
when i started playing the mod (with version 2.0) it was a bit different. ok maybe kauk was played a lot then but all in all it was a better community feeling. of course the forums still great but if you join a random server now, you only know a few of the players and most of them play for themself. they dont build up little teams of 5 men or so and play together. it lost this feeling of playing together i think.
ok when you play with a clan this is still there but pubbing isnt that teamplay orientated as in the old moddays. with all these things i dont want to say that i want the mod back, but its a bit sad for me that we lost this community feeling.

Upvote 0