• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HoS biggest competitor

Multiplatform games tend not to be moddable. Even if they are, console sales will cut into the PC sales, which means while more people will own the game, less will have the PC version... so less people will be able to make PC mods. In addition, with less PC players modders will be less inclined to make mods for it.
Well sorry but I don't see any logic behind that. It's not like every 3rd console gamer was originally a modding pro prior to purchasing a console.

Upvote 0
Homefront actually isnt, you should investigate abit more. I think Homefront has just as much potential as Battlefield since its developed by Kaos which consist of ex modders and PC guys which also happens to have worked on the famous BF1942 Desert Combat.

They've already confirmed post-launch mod support, dedicated servers(public server files as well), and all the PC specific features you would expect such as browsers etc. They were recently invite to the bashandslash network for an interview which was really interesting.
[url]http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1220&Itemid=69[/URL]

As for other games being good, i hope that you aint "hoping" every other game out there shall fail just because it would benefit RO:HOS? We've a cluster ****ed market on the PC side as it is, we need every possible decent game we can get, and yes they are extremely rare.

Do i think BF3 will be a good pc game and a true sequel.. no I dont but I sure hope so for the sake of PC gamers and the PC community. Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad will be a great installment and a true PC title, but we need more of these.

Sounds like all those features are bolted in. Sounds like Bad Company 2. Also they didn't PROMISE mod tools.

Upvote 0
Now that we know that BF3 isn't a huge disappointment feature-wise for PC players I think it will be essential that HoS will be released in Summer.

Option 1, BF3 is a flop, Option 2 it is not.

Option 1 sub option A TWI releases before BF3. They stand the chance of some people buying the game while they wait for BF3, or depending on timing, deciding to wait till BF3. ( could very well skim of a lot of players who decide to never bother with BF3)

Option 1 sub option B TWI releases after BF3. BF3 is a flop and the hardcore players stick with it, but lots of players are looking for a new game, some find ROHOS. Plenty go back to COD.

Option 2 sub option A TWI releases before BF3. Much the same result, but those who decide to buy BF3 may well not come back.

Option 2 sub option B TWI releases after BF3. Many will already have BF3 and may be content with that, very likely this option sees the least players migrating from BF3 to ROHOS.

Y'see there are pro's and cons either way, but the one option I did not take into account is that ROHOS is a flop, which if released half finished it will well be( those of us on the forums would stick it through and wait till it was fixed, but many would walk off at the next flashy game release). I work on a devlopment team now, pushing out software half done just causes an onslaught of high priority fixes to problems that could have been dealt with in a much more time effecient manner by waiting TILL ITS DONE.

I think its "Essential" that TWI run their business as they see fit, and do what is best for them financially.

Upvote 0
PROGGBLOG2.jpg

goodbye ro2 sales.

Upvote 0
Dont be so negative. I too dont see that game competing with RO:HOS, but it doesnt mean you need to attack it like that. Even if they were competing with HOS, you shouldnt have to get so damn defensive.

Personally, if those guys are making a single player experience (which it looks like, seeing that screenshot with a priest) then those developers are my new goddamned heroes.
Iron Europe doesnt seem to be getting an SP experience so i dont see that outright beating this game either. Even if they do, one shouldnt have to rule out the other.

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
The biggest issue for HOS is probably the release schedule. Even though they have a lot more of a marketing budget, its probably still limited compared to the big companies.

So the key for hos is to find a gap when everything is relatively silent, so the PR for hos doesn't get over flooded with say BF3 ads. I have faith in ROHOS as long as they manage to get the game known to a wide audience.

So whatever big multi player shooter releases the closest to ROHOS will be the biggest competitor to hos. Not so much in game play, but in exposure and public knowledge of its existence.

Upvote 0