• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HC FPS gamer here, a few suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys just think everything is arcadey. You wouldn't know what's good for RO2 if it ***** slapped you.

Well we only played ro:eek:st for what 4-5-6-8 years some of us ? I think we know better and ****...we do. Many of us played in the top clans and did so for a long time...again...go play RO:OST and try to understand it...just "i have played it a bit" wont cut it....sorry but thats just how it is.

Upvote 0
We already have the game mode Relaxed Realism and a TeamDeath mode to fulfill the casual gamers need to at least play the game. We don't know why you guys are still asking for more unusual suggestions for a game like this. Tripwire is trying to bring in more customers while not harming Red Orchestra's image and reputation.

Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
Relaxed realism - with biggest difference being that you can see how much ammo do you have left? Id say that hardly deserves to be called a game mode.

Also... why shoot down all suggestions that would make learning curve a bit less steep and lower the gap between inexperienced and experienced players? You all keep using words with negative connotations like "arcadey","CoD","spoonfeeding" to attack the ideas without really stating what is wrong with them.

Purpose of multiplayer game is to entertain all its players (or at least most of them). When experienced hardcore players own the noobs, it might be fun for the hardcore players, but it definitely isn't for the noobs. I am talking about optional mechanics, that would help the less experienced player by giving him some of the information that the experienced player has thanks to his experience. It doesn't hurt the entertainment of the more experienced player (who can go play on server with these options off, if he really feels the need for it), because if he was facing an experienced player, that player would have the information. It improves the entertainment of the less experienced player, because the playing field is more level. I think everyone wins.

As for kill cam specifically... next time you respawn after getting killed, go to spot where was your killer when he killed you, I can almost guarantee you that he is either:
1) somewhere else / dead
2) camping in spot where you cannot engage him effectively

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killcams are completely destroying the ability of a player to be sneaky, and being sneaky is 90% of the time the only thing that saves you in RO.
Taking away your ability to sneak because every time somebody sees where you are when you shoot them leads to the following gameplay:
Get killed -> view the guy that killed you -> spawn -> run to where you spotted the guy -> take out grenade -> cheap kill.
Instead what RO should be about is getting killed, not knowing where it comes from, and taking it easy and trying to figure out where the hell the shot came from. And if you find him that way, it's satisfying to kill him in return, and not cheap.
Killcams are spoonfeeding people their targets, they might as well get a huge arrow on top of their heads to point out their location the moment they fire a weapon.

I can appreciate the fact that it might make it easier for new people, but it kills so much of what makes RO the game that it is and you simply have no idea. As you state, you dont invest a lot of time in it, though you have played it.
You have "some" idea of the changes, but you cant fully oversee the impact that it is going to have on the game because you havent invested a lot of time playing it.

Even as an option i dont think it should be in the game, and i'll state why.
When it is there, many of the new comers will want this to 'try out the game'.
Servers exist to attract people, to draw them in and get it filled as much as possible, and they will go after what all these newcomers want.
Chances are high only a few servers will have the full realism mode, because the main body of newcomers will be in the 'newbie servers'. Many of those might never get out of those newbie servers 'because it's so much easier and thus fun there', leaving very little option for the old RO fanbase or any other people interested in a more real gaming experience.
It is HUMAN NATURE to stick to what is easiest, there are only very few people who reach out and try something harder.
In the end, the realistic servers (much as it is now) will die out untill they dont exist anymore, simply because they arent as populated as the server owner would like, and we will all be stuck with all these crappy aids.

I personally see all these newcomers as a threat, i dont want to but i have seen all of my favourite gameseries go down the drain because of trying to attract new players, like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Operation Flashpoint, which all got utterly destroyed in trying to reach the mainstream masses.
RO2 is the last hope i have, and it just hurts to see these suggestions because it is one of the last true tactical shooters left, and i dont want to see that get destroyed as well. But these suggestions all lead to do just that.
I'm not opposed to change, but i am opposed to changes that will cumb the game down. Killcam is doing just that: dumbing the game down.
It takes away the intelligence needed to play, and spoonfeeds the players targets. That is NOT what RO has ever been about, and i am so very, very tired of people trying to bring on these changes.
Please, just accept the game for what it is, and try a new flavour instead of trying to make everything taste like vanilla.
When somebody is making strawberry flavour i dont say 'well please make it 50% vanilla so the people who like vanilla will be left out in the cold' either.

Honestly, if RO2 turns out bad i might stop gaming all together. Over the years it has becoming increasly less fun because everything is so much the same, there is just not reason to play anymore.

Word, brother, word...

You guys just think everything is arcadey. You wouldn't know what's good for RO2 if it ***** slapped you.

You're quite the persistent troll, aren't you?:troll:

Upvote 0
I think the fact that some of you have been playing the game for that many years says youre completely unqualified as an expert on what RO2 needs.

Yeah you're right. We wouldn't know anything about why Red Orchestra was special to this community in the first place, and we certainly wouldn't know what sorts of things would make it less appealing to us.

If you've a valid point to make on the subject of killcams then share it with us.

Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally see all these newcomers as a threat, i dont want to but i have seen all of my favourite gameseries go down the drain because of trying to attract new players, like Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Operation Flashpoint, which all got utterly destroyed in trying to reach the mainstream masses.
Maybe for RO3 we'll have to worry about that, especially if it is as popular as I think it will be. But I am confident that they are coming too late to have any effect on the development of RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the fact that some of you have been playing the game for that many years says youre completely unqualified as an expert on what RO2 needs.

Knighted, while we appreciate feedback from people new to the community, we also appreciate our feedback from the long term members of our community. These members enjoy RO because it isn't a BF or CoD clone.

Also, the core game play of the Red Orchestra series is not going to be making any drastic changes. It sounds as if the gaming experience you are looking for might be better found in another game.

As others have suggested, give Ostfront a try to see how it plays for a basic idea on where the community is coming from. Our goal with RO 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is to make the game easier and more accessible for others to enjoy, not change the way it is played.

Upvote 0
Knighted, while we appreciate feedback from people new to the community, we also appreciate our feedback from the long term members of our community. These members enjoy RO because it isn't a BF or CoD clone.

Also, the core game play of the Red Orchestra series is not going to be making any drastic changes. It sounds as if the gaming experience you are looking for might be better found in another game.

As others have suggested, give Ostfront a try to see how it plays for a basic idea on where the community is coming from. Our goal with RO 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is to make the game easier and more accessible for others to enjoy, not change the way it is played.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Amen to that, after playing RO1 I don't want much changed. The new engine will fix much of what I don't like in RO1, but I have to say it's grown on me.

From what I've seen, I think TWI has done all the right things to the game. I'm not much of a vehicle person, but it adds some dimension to the game. I really don't want a BC2, COD or a BF either. I want RO for what it is, but just add FFA. No mods please... Mods don't always feel good, and there are many clans that play FFA bolts, and sniper only. I want RO2 to be my exclusive game. PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE TWI. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.