• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Harchier Spebbington will be UNLOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Wouldn't the most fair thing to do to get the skin NOW, would be to simply have to buy (or own) the Ball Game? :confused:

That way, it's no longer exclusive (exclusive = bad imo), nor is it cheaper for those who didn't preorder the Ball as they would also need to buy the game to get the skin.

* TWI can get more dosh
* Players can get the skin any time
* People who preordered the Ball Game wouldn't feel "cheated" in that they had to pay more than others (maybe "cheated" in that the skin is no longer exclusive, but that's bull**** elitism anyway, so good riddance :D)

It's pure win-win :)
This is the best solution.
Win-Win FTW

(I still doubt HS will be available).

Upvote 0
Wouldn't the most fair thing to do to get the skin NOW, would be to simply have to buy (or own) the Ball Game? :confused:

That way, it's no longer exclusive (exclusive = bad imo), nor is it cheaper for those who didn't preorder the Ball as they would also need to buy the game to get the skin.

* TWI can get more dosh
* Players can get the skin any time
* People who preordered the Ball Game wouldn't feel "cheated" in that they had to pay more than others (maybe "cheated" in that the skin is no longer exclusive, but that's bull**** elitism anyway, so good riddance :D)

It's pure win-win :)

Nope. TWI stated that anyone who pre-ordered the game got the char. Got that? Pre-ordered. Put up their money in advance. Game unseen. To help TWI raise cash and spur sales.

Everyone seems to forget one thing. TWI made a promise to customers that if they paid their $20 upfront, game unseen, no reviews, no demo, no sales, no TWI complete game package on steam, and no cut-rate price they would receive a limited time and exclusive char that wouldn't be available later.

I fulfilled my end of the deal by buying that horrid (IMO) game sight unseen.. I bought the game solely to support TWI.

Everyone seems to forget one other thing. TWI's president has stated expressly and in no-uncertain terms that The Ball char will NEVER be made available again. I think that was back in Oct or so.

People are freaking out about a single char. A char they CANT EVEN SEE THEMSELVES play. No 3rd person doesn't count. TWI has stated multiple times they won't change their position. I applaud TWI for taking that stance. Just drop it people. Well, the same 3 people that continually complain.

Upvote 0
Well HS have been exclusive for a long time, hasn't he? Now the owners mostly don't care about this char I think. Only when thread like this will appear they suddenly remember that they have it. So now, I suppose, there is no big deal about it, so it can be unlocked with more profit for the growing KF community, than with harm. Even some of owners of this skin think that unlock this skin is not bad.

I think are we doing right thing and you can help young community to get one more reason to play into this wonderfull game. Be kind, share your wealth. More people support us - sooner TWI will get enough reasons to unlock this skin for all players.

Support us! Join us! ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HSYES

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well HS have been exclusive for a long time, hasn't he? Now the owners mostly don't care about this char I think. Only when thread like this will appear they suddenly remember that they have it. So now, I suppose, there is no big deal about it, so it can be unlocked with more profit for the growing KF community, than with harm. Even some of owners of this skin think that unlock this skin is not bad.

I think are we doing right thing and you can help young community to get one more reason to play into this wonderfull game. Be kind, share your wealth. More people support us - sooner TWI will get enough reasons to unlock this skin for all players.

Again, you are missing quite a few points.

1) Doesn't matter how long HS has been exclusive
2) KF Community doesn't care about more profit
3) Doesn't matter what owners of the skin think
4) Doesn't matter if you think "you are doing the right thing."
5) Having HS unlocked is never going to be a reason for one more person to pay the game
6) "Be kind" Really?
7) "Share your wealth" Again, really?
8) And the biggest reason of all "TWI will get enough reasons..." completely misses the BIGGEST point of all. TWI's, and again they stated this extremely clearly, reasoning for not making HS available is they promised that HS would be exclusive to the people who bought "The Ball" before it was released. That's it. TWI gave their word and their president has stated that in no uncertain terms.

TWI made a promise to every pre-purchaser of "The Ball" and they will keep their word. It is really as simple as that.

Upvote 0
We of KF - KHSE (Killing Floor - Keep Harchier Spebbington Exclusive) actively oppose the above mentioned group. Please join our group if you believe it is more important to keep your promises than to have a skin in a game.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/keepharchierexclusive

We are sponsoring a National Keep Harchier Exclusive Day.

Keep your promises, honor your word, its more important than a video game.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for bumping this thread, even if you disagree with my statements, I respect your opinions. :rolleyes:
But what is interesting the more you object the more people starting to support our group. Sooner or later Harchier Spebbington will be unlocked, because every day more and more players want that. Just look at our group.
As one person here said, there is no big deal to unlock this skin. Just one more pleasant thing for KF players. ;)

We got 100+ members now! Join us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im in! if they could release ash which was GOLD EDTION SPECIAL, there's no ression why they wouldnt do same with this one

But see, they decided that after 5 days of release. Spebbington has been exclusive for 3 years.

We and Iceberg have heard the community's request on Ash. We weren't expecting such a surge of interest from the existing player base, so, Iceberg have offered to let us release her as DLC, after their retailers have had a short period of exclusivity. This way, the Gold Edition is a good deal for those who don't yet have the game - and retailers get a limited-time exclusive. We'll release her as DLC in August at $4.99 (base US price) for the special character plus the voicepack. And, for good measure, we'll donate 20% of the proceeds to charity as a bit of a penance for not realizing quite how much extra characters matter to people!

Upvote 0
im in! if they could release ash which was GOLD EDTION SPECIAL, there's no ression why they wouldnt do same with this one
But it said that she would be able to be buyable during summer. The Gold Edition is for the fans item, lets you have all of the recent DLCs during that time and early access to Ash, as well as a physical copy of KF (I really should buy it some day)...like Nutterbutter said.

Sure there are. Plenty of reasons. Two completely different chars and situations.

Upvote 0
Well, if there are people who want to pay to unlock that character, like me, I can't see why TWI should not release it as a DLC. It's a win-win situation.

Furthermore the community will be more pleased than mad about his unlocking.

-The people who want him unlocked are happy.

-The people who didn't care about him should be at least happy as well. I mean, they unlocked a new character, where is the bad part about it?

-The people who didn't want him unlocked will probably rage and abandon the game (it will not surprise me, after all I've seen guys leaving the game after the nerfing/buffing of a weapon or the releasing of the weapons-DLC). However i don't see how TWI should be damaged by this, since KF has new player every month.

Moreover it could be an advertising to KF and The Ball too. Some people can get curious about the games and purchase them. An other win-win situation for both TWI and the community.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.