• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Half-Life 3 speculation thread

Or how about these dedicated individuals:

0mIsD.jpg

:D

Upvote 0
You know, it woulden't suprice me if Valve is waiting for the next Console generation to launch HL3.

Valve has increasingly been going multi-platform with their games, and i doubt that's changing. Meanwhile the 360 and PS3 are growing ancient by now, and i don't doubt that Valve has goals for that title that won't fit within their 512 megs of RAM and Dx9 hardware, i'm pretty sure they want to make a big splash with HL3, so that's the holdup i'd say, Valve wants their flagship title on the PC, Xbox720 and the PS4.

What i don't get is why they have canned HL2-Ep3, surely they could have been working on that in all this time..
I hate to say it, but that might be true. I think it's more expensive to just develop the game for PC and porting it to consoles later rather then making it for PC and consoles all at same time.

Upvote 0
I just hope it's a little more challenging this time around. The times HL gameplay really shines is those OSH*T moments where it drops you into the middle of a fight between combine and zombies and you need to make every bullet count the a %#&Uing poison headcrab gets you so you need to squeeze into some cover and pray you have the time to recover.

Upvote 0
More than likely it will be about Dota2 and Counterstrike: GO than anything HL3 related. Still hoping this is a new orange box though!
Those two games are already public and in the hands of the public. It's almost a gurantee it won't be for CS:GO or DOTA 2 at E3 2012.

If this rumor about The Steam Box holds true, it may be for that at E3 and not for any particular game at all. Which would just suck.

Upvote 0
Maybe that's what they've been doing this whole time.

That's not what they have been doing ever.

If you ever use Hammer you can find a lot of left over obsolete relics from a decade ago.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the source engine for a singleplayer game though. I don't see any part where it made the experience of portal 2 or HL worse then it could have been with a different engine.

Upvote 0