• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Haha so many new funny guys.

Concession accepted.

Just stop making ignorant statements that both insult and misrepresent the people you're trying to help by using blanket statements or half explaining things painting a negative, and false, picture - it's unbecoming of you and I believe you're better than that.

We'll move on.

It really is a shame you are incapable of understanding what others are thinking and of course, it is you who are making blanket statements. Your lack of understanding in thinking I am saying all players are like that just highlight your ignorance in the matter :D

On a side note, your leaving? Goodbye! :p

If you can't take the time to glance at the killfeed to see red or green after you kill someone because of "combat pace" you are probably not even capable of finding your way out of the spawn. It's an easy, basic skill in any FPS that is not unique to RO2 in any manner.

If you are dumb enough to shoot first, ask later on a consistent basis, you deserve what you get. Unintuitive? Is it too much to ask for people to ID what they shoot first? Even ignoring the ways to tell friend from foe, simple map common sense and basic logic will do MORE THAN FINE. If it shoots at you, kill it. If it doesn't, check to see what it is before killing it, because it's probably a friend.

I thought rule 1 was don't shoot friendlies. I mean, in any game with FF it's a pretty obvious rule of "don't shoot your friends".

It's an error in judgement and a lack of thought. It happens. What happens afterwards says more than TKing. A "sry" goes a long way. It isn't the game's fault people can't figure out someone isn't shooting back at them or not saying sorry.

Fortunately, the ones who don't want to actually learn are gone now, leaving the ones who at least give it a whirl.

True. After this weekend, most of those players will be gone and we will be left with those who want to learn and play the game as it should be.

Upvote 0
if you aren't playing action then you have virtually no identification
Eerrm... the uniform? The helmets? The movement? There's enough identification to see if the guy against you is a friend or foe.

Also I am not hating the new players, I am hating the noobs. Yesterday I had a great time with my squad members who were new comers(5-12lvl). They knew what to do, they always followed my command and my movement, we gave just a few casualties and we won the match placing in the top of the scoreboard for our team. And I am telling you those guys were NOT noobs. I am pretty sure they are coming from other tactical shooters because they were playing without fear of being killed. Most of the noobs are afraid to leave their safe position and advance while those guys were attacking without any doubt of what they were doing. I don't know if that is their default playstyle or they simply were following me somehow knowing that I'll go through the "safest" way but it was awesome. I am sure those newcomers will stay with RO2.

Upvote 0
hahaha yeah, enjoyed all the newcomers too. on one map i had 4 of them following me like puppies, they would all stop right on top of me whenever i stopped. :D i started telling them to spread out and direct them but they wouldnt hear it, they just stayed glue to my side... til a nade came and i ran, being 2 seconds slower to react, none of them survived.
But then again on the next map 5 of them were camped just outside an objectinve and i said "we'll never win if you all stay here follow me!" and ran straight round a corner into 2mgs so what the hell do i know :rolleyes:
Like others have said, the good ones will stay, welcome!

Upvote 0
Actually when I played Squad Leader, I did have a few players follow me around. Those guys were actually trying and I also noticed that they had no or very little TK's.

Won a 64p round on Winterwald as German TL yesterday... and the recently drafted actually flogged to the 3D movement marker whereever I put it... didn't run into our own artillery either... :eek:

Upvote 0
Ran through a campaign yesterday on RGN, didn't get to finish because all the enemy bailed out after we turned the tide of the battle tenfold.

I hopped in as Russians and we only had around 3 territories left, started using my mic and point out some good choke points and entrances to cover and people were silently following my subtle orders, and we ended up defending the territory successfully and being able to steam roll the Germans until only 4 or 5 were left on the server :p Felt really cool and I hoped I helped a couple people out. We remade history! :D :IS2:

Upvote 0
some times i go pistol only,then they ask me,why do you trow away your rifle?

then i say this Quote from the movie We Were Soldiers:" Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground.":cool:
Exactly. This is what I am saying to every friend of mine who tries RO - Don't be sad because someone took your class. There will be plenty of weapons for all classes lying on the ground very soon :rolleyes:

We Were Soldiers - There will be plenty of them lying on the ground... - YouTube

Upvote 0
I, for one, welcome our noob overlords.

I'd rather teach a bunch of new players RO2 than watch them mindlessly play dumbed down arena shooters within the likes of the Halo, Call of Duty, or Battlefield series. Remember what John Gibson was saying in that PC Gamer article?

I'd like to make a difference in changing the way fps gamers play, showing new players (and old) the light of :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last night, I had heaps of fun with all the full servers (too few classics, but what can you do...).

Seeing the TL-spot open I jumped in and try to coordinate the Team as much as I could. With a mic (sadly not as common as it should be as TL/SL) I think I managed quite well. I''m not a pro in this game, but I felt that many games were far more dynamic than usually. In spartanovka, the attackers were actually storming the objectives!

I felt a bit stupid about explaining what to do when the recon plane hits ("recon plane up, everyone! Press M. The red exclamation marks are enemies") and why we should get into the capping zones, but I remembered that it helped me tremendously that people explained the game to me. Not being a shy person with a mic helps there, of course. :)

I hope many folks will stick. I had a blast last night!

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
Overthrew weekend the Classic server in Australia was full, and it was awesome. Granted, the first night I was the only one on the server who knew what he was doing, but I didn't actually try to attack. I just told everyone in the server the basics (get into cap zones, don't worry about kills/deaths, press "T" to see objectives, German's run eith one hand on the gun, Russians with two etc.), gave them tips, and everyone genuinely had a good time :D

I think most of them will stick around.

Upvote 0
I am one of those noobs. I've been looking at RO2 for awhile but I was on the fence about it because there was no news and I'd never played RO before so when it dropped to 3 bucks I thought here's my chance! I like the game, even if it has some frustrating moments on Commissar's House as the Russians or Fallensoldiers as Germans. I come from a background of arena shooters and some harder class based shooters like Battlefield 1942 and RTCW: Enemy Territory so it's not like the diea of "Hey work together" was alien to me.

What was alien to me was walking out of my spawn, seeing an apartment building, then losing my face. My first two matches were rough and I didn't know what the hell I'd gotten myself into. Sure I was extremely accurate with my crappy moist nugget and being able to instagib a German machinegunner in the top floor of Pavlov's apartment from 150m was a highlight but for every kill I got I was killed four or more times in return. After that match was Kurgan, and it was similarly terrible. It just felt like the Germans were three steps ahead of us at every turn. The only saving moment was when myself and two other newbies got lost in the trenches and wound up way behind enemy lines so we turned around and gunned down Germans en masse while they tried to rush the commander's post. Just three newbies with rifles taking potshots at unaware Germans. Eventually they sent a bunch of assault gunners at us and we got mowed down but it was great fun. All three of us had mics so there was a great deal of communication between us.

I had my fair share of team kills, shooting silhouettes in the fog because a shape is a shape and oh god it's pointing its gun at me not this time fritz before it turned out to be an Ivan. No one explained any of the basics to me so I was a fish out of water. I didn't know that Germans sprinted with one gun and Russians with two. I didn't even know what side of the map they spawned on. So yes, I probably killed quite a few of you several times. I didn't do it on purpose. I just didn't know any better. Honestly I do it less now but those Hero skins still throw me a curveball now and then.

My advice to you veterans is treat your newbies like FNGs. You don't have to like them. You can even use them for cannon fodder! Just remember that they're still your team mates (or they will be) and if you don't teach them anything they're going to do dumb things that get you killed. That will be your fault. Because they don't know any better. You need to teach them or there's going to be a lot of dead silhouettes. Your silhouette.

Upvote 0