• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
Long as he can dual weild the
pfeifer-zeliska-600-nitro-express-revolver-01.jpg

do they make holsters for weapons that size?!?!? :eek::D

Upvote 0
You know people love your idea, personally I can't wait for Tripwire to add it. :)

Glad to know ^^

However, this was not my idea. I just compiled most suggestions that were present on a previous suggestion, written by Reise, and other forumites who added their own ideas. Almost all credits go to them - the rest go to me :3

Upvote 0
No. This perk would never be included without sharpshooter getting seriously butchered, not to mention it basically IS sharpshooter just with pistols. Other classes do crowd control much better that this could and the increased zed time chance is a bit silly too. It would look fine from the pistoleers point of view, but for all the other players it would most likely get annoying having it go off every 30 seconds.

Switching between single and dual guns is the only use-full thing this would have that sharpshooter wont and even then you might as well just give the sharpshooter that ability instead, saves making a whole new perk.

No, i disagree. the perk said nothing about headshots. It just sounds like it is because it mentions ZED advantages. the sharpshooter would NOT be butchered.

Upvote 0
Can someone clarify, does this perk not get affected by the screen shaking when sirens scream and when being hit...almost like "levelheadedness"?

It's something I'd personnally love to see implemented, but it might be useless, due to low amount of sirens compared to remaining zeds, or overpowered due to sirens' main role is to protect other zeds (besides killing you, of course)

Dunno, it'd need playtesting to define.

Upvote 0
Just throwing this out here, but how about incorporating the Gunslinger perk into the Berserker and allowing that class to use a pistol in one hand and a melee weapon in the other? I don't see the need for, nor the appeal of, a standalone Gunslinger, and the 'zerker is in bad shape right now. Two birds with one stone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just throwing this out here, but how about incorporating the Gunslinger perk into the Berserker and allowing that class to use a pistol in one hand and a melee weapon in the other? I don't see the need for, nor the appeal of, a standalone Gunslinger, and the 'zerker is in bad shape right now. Two birds with one stone?

That's not very 'berserky' though. I do not think this band-aid would be a successful and/or permanent fix.

Let's see a 25-50-75-100 kill attack/speed/rage/chuck norris bonus depending on the perk level, not guns. D:

Upvote 0
That's not very 'berserky' though. I do not think this band-aid would be a successful and/or permanent fix.

Let's see a 25-50-75-100 kill attack/speed/rage/chuck norris bonus depending on the perk level, not guns. D:

If it really bothers you, they can always rename the class. Besides, most Berserkers I see end up using a pistol to pick off Crawlers before they charge into melee. And I suspect anyone using dual pistols anywhere other than pure spectacle will be dismissed as "berserk" before they're thought of as a marksman.

The problem with Berserkers is that their only bonuses are to melee weapons, and the niche in which melee is useful has grown exceptionally narrow. Crawlers are hard to hit with melee, so the Berserker either shoots them himself or relies on his teammates to do it. Scrakes don't get stunned in Suicidal. Fleshpounds are far more effectively killed by Sharpshooters or pipebombs, and a raging FP handily outruns a pursuing 'zerker. Obviously, taking on the Patriarch in melee is a death wish (unless the whole team is doing it for the lulz). This relegates the Berserker to the "Medium Sized" enemies, which any other class can deal with easily at range.

All this comes on top of all the damage (and Medic attention) the Berserker takes, and the fact that he blocks his own teammates' fire - Especially galling when friendly fire is enabled.

The idea is to take the class off its pure-melee role, which is untenable at higher difficulty settings, while still allowing him to use melee weapons in their niche. The simultaneous melee + pistol combo makes him more effective against swarms containing Crawlers. At the same time, the addition of the revolver allows him to contribute against Scrake / FP / Patriarch. As we have seen in the past, widening that niche involves making the melee weapons insanely overpowered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eh. :cool:

It' something new, which is nice.
However, it is very similar to one of my much loved perks, SS.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
I guess I'm on both sides of the fence.

Well, if you play SS with only handguns, then you are essentially playing a "Gunslinger".

If this perk gets implemented, it means SS will lose its handgun bonuses (reload, extra damage, discount) and those abilities will be inherited by the gunslinger. So the SS will be closer to what the word means: a marksman, or, if you prefer, a sniper.

Upvote 0
Well, if you play SS with only handguns, then you are essentially playing a "Gunslinger".

If this perk gets implemented, it means SS will lose its handgun bonuses (reload, extra damage, discount) and those abilities will be inherited by the gunslinger. So the SS will be closer to what the word means: a marksman, or, if you prefer, a sniper.

Well, I do enjoy the deagle, but I usually just use my LAR that I spawn with until I can afford the M14, then I'm golden. The only time I ever use the 9mm is when I need a flashlight or I'm stuck in a jam with berserker(which is slowly becoming my favorite perk) and even with berserker, I usually end up buying an M14 for backup.

I think it's an interesting idea. I also think the sharpshooter perk does needs to change in some ways, because I do feel that the 9mm and deagle have absolutely nothing to do with the perk. When I think of sharpshooter, I'm thinking "snipe snipe snipe." Haha. Like I said though, half of the time the handguns are completely untouched when I'm using SS. The deagle is forceful though, helps you get out of a sticky situation if you don't have anything more powerful. That is one thing I know. Haha.

I guess we'll just have to sit back, and wait to see if they even jump on it. Now that I think about it though, it would be a nice change. More variety, and another perk to work on. I say I'm all for it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well even if the gunslinger is added and handguns are linked to them, the only things that SS will really lose will be the ability to level using handguns, and of course the 9mm and handcannon body damage. both of those loses would grealty help rebalance that perk. although, remember the extra headshot bonus would still most likely be in place, so SSs could still use 9mm and handcannons really effectively being able to drop lower level zeds in 1 or 2 shots. but to me that's not the root of the issue with that class, the issue is the two things i stated earlier plus the EBR of course.

but when it comes down to it, adding this perk would be beneficial for helping rebalance a perk while creating an additionaly perk that is both formidable and creative.

Upvote 0
or, you make it a seperate perk, and add it's own weapons.

9mm and HC stay w/ SS

this one gets SigP228 as tier 1, FN Five-seveN as tier 2, and the revolver earlier mentioned as tier 3.

Why add more, reduntant weapons if the perk can be balanced by moving current weaponry? Not only is it easier to do code-wise, but it actually balances the SS (or at least helps to do so).

Adding new weapons is at the same time extra work and a step back considering what has been though in this thread.

Upvote 0
Why add more, reduntant weapons if the perk can be balanced by moving current weaponry? Not only is it easier to do code-wise, but it actually balances the SS (or at least helps to do so).

Adding new weapons is at the same time extra work and a step back considering what has been though in this thread.

something tells me that ppl just want new guns and are finding any way possible to make that come true.

Upvote 0