• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guns jamming.

It does makes difference, like I said before no one guarantees if the gun will jam on your last bullet from the magazine...

For example you are shooting at someone with the AK or M16 and the gun jams on your 3rd bullet = you die and you didn't got your chance to keep on unloading at the target because you have to unjam the rifle....

I bet anyone that this sort of unpredictable feature wont make it to RO2, I guess will see at release if it has or hasn't.

With bolt actions it does not make as much difference as it does with semis and automatics. But arguably wouldn't that be potential balance factor? Unless of course RS2 drops bolt actions as standard weapon on the other side and everything boils down to relatively symmetrical assault rifles vs more assault rifles class setup with some obligatory quirks on both sides.

And arguably assuming you reacted fast enough to jammed gun and you moved in such position you're not getting drilled through walls or even trees (as much as I suspect majority of RS2 maps won't be heavy on strolling-in-middle-of-a-jungle-with-few-points-of-reference) and say, it will take only few seconds to get the gun back on track, you could still hold the building or prepare that someone tries to enter and turn the situation still in your favour.

Upvote 0
I would like this feature too, but i think there only should be a very little chance of jamming (about 1time/hour maybe?). But I think when a machinegun is used it should jamm more often, the more hot the barrel is (not as in R02 or RS where the barrel is just broken from one moment to another)

Upvote 0