• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

too damn hyped I tell ya

Blur and bloom = -100 for me!!!
Have you played it at least?

Cause I played almost non-stop during my free-time since I got it and the number of things you can do and see, and how you can do them and how realistically in a impressive way they are implemented in the game are beyond any words that could describe them.

GAME OF THE YEAR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I second the online thing. I just played some free play last night with a Live buddy and damn. What started out as just me and him screwing around with the cops ended up being an all out war between us and two other guys that joined over the course of the game.

Chinatown will never be the same again after I made my way up to a roof, rained down grenades (literally) and "****ed up" another character with a direct hit of an RPG. I never saw a kill message like that before last night. :D

Upvote 0
Been having alot of fun online, those with PSN's put em in the PSN name so I can bug ya to play with us.

Yeah nothing is as disappointing/funny as driving full speed at Yoshi, guns blazing, only to be taken out by his RPG moments before you splatter him :(

On a single player note, Michelle has very weird taste in clothes. I thought she would like my brand new $2000 suit, but she hated it and I was insulted. Apparently she only likes poor people clothes from the Russian shop. Here's a good place for dating tips: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=gta&message.id=391145#M391145

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a bit scared the main story will fall out short compared to San Andreas. :(

But I'm taking my time with this game, exploring every corner and doing all the side stuff I can.

PS. sharpshooterklj thanks for the invites! Sorry I ain't joined, it's just that the two times I recieved them I was in a wild shootout and then in a cop pursuit during the Bohan missions :D

Upvote 0
I'm a bit scared the main story will fall out short compared to San Andreas. :(

But I'm taking my time with this game, exploring every corner and doing all the side stuff I can.

PS. sharpshooterklj thanks for the invites! Sorry I ain't joined, it's just that the two times I recieved them I was in a wild shootout and then in a cop pursuit during the Bohan missions :D

There's a few loose ends at the end but I really think they did good with the story. It will be interesting if they continue with Niko Bellic in the episode packs coming out later this year or adopt a whole new character.

Upvote 0
An interesting anecdote about this game: it made almost twice as much as Halo 3 in first-day sales and with 6 million units sold, earned $500 million in the first week:

"Grand Theft Auto IV's first week performance represents the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment, and we believe these retail sales levels surpass any movie or music launch to date," said Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick. - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190520.html

Upvote 0