• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

They're ahead of you. Adjustable stocks and you can use any optic you want.

800px-Latvian_G36KV.JPG

Too bad they don't make proper ones for cheap. If I could get a factory new G-36 for $1200 I would consider it.
Yeah, but the two main nations that have them still use the aged version and are too cheap to upgrade. Even worse: Germany did upgrade but still kept the scope, ditched the old red-dot for a sub-par new one and did nothing about the stock. The G-36 could be a very good standard issue rifle, but as is only Estonia (i think it was them) has a version that is really state-of-the-art.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that new stock does look much better... though I do like the look of the old one.

The only thing left that would annoy me about it is mag release and the charging handle.

Some Marines getting the M27:

349418.jpg

349420.jpg

I am sure it is a great rifle... but looks like it will be an awful machinegun.

The barrel looks about as thick as your average M16/4. I don't see how this will manage to do the automatic rifle job any better than a normal M16/4.

At least Colt's entry seemed to have a large heatsink to help with heat.

Funny thing is some country replaced their M16 based automatic rifles with FN Minimis. The USMC is going in the opposite direction.

Another interesting thing is that this makes the USMC's standard issue rifle longer than their marksmen (SPR) and automatic rifles.

Hopefully someone develops a reliable high capacity magazine for it though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The latest weapon from CoD:

Spoiler!

Personally, my favourite guns are the P90, now that i heard the AUG isn't that great, and the Masada.

I know what you're thinking, but i've seen them in a book i own, and on a site i've been to, before i've seen them in CoD.

The P90 is a nice bullpup weapon i can shoot without having to make any modifications to it, and i like the versatility of the Masada.

For those that don't know already. the Magpul Masada was made by Bushmaster as the ACR, adding weight and cost to the nice weapon.

The Masada can fire 5.56x45mm NATO and 7.62x39mmR Soviet rounds, by changing the barrel, bolt and lower receiver. Funny story, the 7.62x39mm round is actually 7.92mm wide. :)

My dream is to have a Masada chambered in 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mmR, 9mm NATO, 6.8mm SPC, 6.5mm Grendel, 5.7x28mm FN, 4.6x30mm, 12 gauge and 12.7x42mm (.50 Beowulf). But this will not happen.

Upvote 0
I am sure it is a great rifle... but looks like it will be an awful machinegun.

The barrel looks about as thick as your average M16/4. I don't see how this will manage to do the automatic rifle job any better than a normal M16/4.

At least Colt's entry seemed to have a large heatsink to help with heat.

Funny thing is some country replaced their M16 based automatic rifles with FN Minimis. The USMC is going in the opposite direction.

Another interesting thing is that this makes the USMC's standard issue rifle longer than their marksmen (SPR) and automatic rifles.

Hopefully someone develops a reliable high capacity magazine for it though.
I thought this whole IAR thing was just stunt to get HK 416s to the troops without any political interference (like what happened before).

Upvote 0
I was kind of surprised they chose the HK. Some of the other candidates had systems that could switch between closed bolt and open bolt operation. FN's SCAR IAR would actually switch to open bolt when it reached a certain temperature. Heard of another that would fire from an open bolt on full auto, and a closed bolt for semi auto. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Upvote 0
I thought this whole IAR thing was just stunt to get HK 416s to the troops without any political interference (like what happened before).

I was kind of surprised they chose the HK. Some of the other candidates had systems that could switch between closed bolt and open bolt operation. FN's SCAR IAR would actually switch to open bolt when it reached a certain temperature. Heard of another that would fire from an open bolt on full auto, and a closed bolt for semi auto. Makes a lot of sense to me.

From what I have read, many people in the USMC wanted a shorter rifle. I hear complaints that the A2 stock is just too long with body armor. But, for whatever "political" reasons it seems like the USMC will not go with something shorter than an M16A4 for a standard issue rifle.

Overall, the HK seems to be the most rifle like. 16" barrel with a collapsible stock. Just want many Marines probably want. Barrel wise, it looks as thick as my semi auto AR-15.

So I would imagine it is an awful "machinegun" or "automatic rifle" but a great carbine. Which, is really what it is I guess.

If this is true and the Marines say they need a shorter rifle, good for them. I just have a hard time believing an assault rifle can replace the M249.

Upvote 0