• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free week is over - and future plans!

i'll be polite.......

lemur is right.... all the gushing testimonials, people ranting about pedantic weapon crap.

all this while the game is still massively buggy. the smoke does sukk. the new map does sukk. the fact that the tanks r still a bit of a joke [it was the ONLY REASON i bought the game]

what u r releasing is PATCHES for a very very very very buggy game. as far as i'm concerned it still shouldn't be sold. [to the unwary] the fact that u put another infantry map in just makes me think i shoulda bought an infantry game that runs well............

and by the way a whisper of another patch [and no details at all about what will be in it] that MIGHT be released in a few months is a joke. these r my opinions and i don't care what anyone else thinks..
please note that i've been polite....... the truth sometimes hurts.....

I LOVE YOUR TANK SIMULATOR it's frikkin genius ... the infantry is so old hat, taking the crosshairs away and nametags maketh not a NEW game...

PLEASE SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TANKS !!!!!!!
i'm so sick of hearing about fiddly gun issues when tanks are still half dissapearing during play...

Upvote 0
Tripwire

Tripwire

You tripwire guys are simply the best...

I have been connected to different gaming communityes since 1999 covering news and more, I simply have to say that Tripwire is the one company that I have found giving the best support to there community, and that is by horse-lenghts.

Also the forums at Tripwire is superior to any other official game forums, the support here is by far the best i have seen.
Of 10 support questions 8-9 is answered witch is troully outstanding work..
So keep up the good work Tripwire, we aprishiate it!

And to those flaming, I see where most of you are coming from, but still I mean the support here are better than anywhere else, and you should aprishiate it.. Stop flaming, give some constructive critisism and I'm sure that TW will listen.

-------------------------
http://www.redorchestra.se - The Swedish ROOST community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'll be polite.......

lemur is right.... all the gushing testimonials, people ranting about pedantic weapon crap.

all this while the game is still massively buggy. the smoke does sukk. the new map does sukk. the fact that the tanks r still a bit of a joke [it was the ONLY REASON i bought the game]

what u r releasing is PATCHES for a very very very very buggy game. as far as i'm concerned it still shouldn't be sold. [to the unwary] the fact that u put another infantry map in just makes me think i shoulda bought an infantry game that runs well............

and by the way a whisper of another patch [and no details at all about what will be in it] that MIGHT be released in a few months is a joke. these r my opinions and i don't care what anyone else thinks..
please note that i've been polite....... the truth sometimes hurts.....

I LOVE YOUR TANK SIMULATOR it's frikkin genius ... the infantry is so old hat, taking the crosshairs away and nametags maketh not a NEW game...

PLEASE SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TANKS !!!!!!!
i'm so sick of hearing about fiddly gun issues when tanks are still half dissapearing during play...

I'll also be polite that was the most uneducated attempt at a post i've ever seen, o did it cross your mind that maybe they havent said what will come in the next patch well because maybe they're not sure what will make it in for the deadline they set for themselves:rolleyes:. Also i have to wonder when you call ro's infantry combat old hat i thought it was a breath of fresh air as do almost all on this board even lemur will disagree with you because he's mainly an infantry player and i think he hates the tanks. Also dont be so delluded your half arsed attempts at the truth are in fact probadly not the truth shock horror yea the truth does hurt sometimes.

Upvote 0
has EA now set the standard in PC gaming that all "patches", as they used to be called, should now cost money? It's sounding like Tripwire is doing us a favor by offering these patches.. The fact that they have to even say that they are FREE imply that in the future they will start charging for them.

[RO said:
Wilsonam]Beyond that, we are trying to finalise the plans taking the whole series of Free Updates well out into 2007
so in a years time we will have to start paying?

i dunno maybe im looking too much into this but in the old days games were expected to have content upgrades without having to pay.. booster packs are one of the many reasons i dont buy EA games.

The only exception i can see is paying for an expansion.. now most of the expansions out there offer more then just new weapons and maps.. they usually expand the single player aspect of the game with more levels. now since RO doesn't have a true single player experience, how does Tripwire justify an expansion if it's just going to be new maps (again, sounds more like EA's booster packs)

Upvote 0
so let me get this right, they aren't telling us what's in the update cos they don't know what they can do before the deadline?? what was that deadline again????? [a couple of months - maybe. -i'll b sure and put that in my diary.....]

and what i really want to know is.... is THIS PATCH/UPDATE/BOOSTER PACK gonna fix a few of the numerous bugs, or is it solely aimed at glam add ons to sell more copies of the game...
i'm not asking for more, i'm asking to fix the game. there's a lot going on at tripwire [u keep telling us]
so is anyone fixing the bugs?????? or have you given up on them now???

Upvote 0
p.s. if anyone wants to know what bugs? . go play on the nazi side in ARAD . the russians apparently drove around in tanks made of solid stainless steel and the nazi's drove tanks made from folded paper, it's great u should try it.......

but i really luv lying in a muddy trench on another same same infantry map as a consolation prize....

Upvote 0
well, anyhow if it's the case that tripwire's intensions is to charge money for patch updates in the future i wish them good luck with the next game they intend to sell.
I'm for one will newer buy a TW game again if that is there intensions, and I bet that there are many of us that won't.

I would even go as far as closing down www.redorchestra.se and i would encurage any other community that actually supports TW to close there sites... but anyway, time will tell what there intensions is..

personally i strongly doubt that TW ever would charge there users money for patches, and since this is only speculations there's really no point in continuing the discussion about that subject.

Now as far as bugs go, tell me please what games that are bug free? and what other game devs spits out updates in the rate that TW are releasing them ??

So genghis and those of you that are so frustrated, please keep that in mind.

Upvote 0
Are you guys paranoid or what?

How does mentioning the word "free" make you think you will have to pay for anything in the future?

And please cut that deadline bull****, you get new stuff for free and you complain?

Well, let's cut everything new we have in mind and just patch some stuff here and there, that is obviously what you want.

Upvote 0
Well, let's cut everything new we have in mind and just patch some stuff here and there, that is obviously what you want.

I think Tripwire and RO are going great. I wanted to say this, without constraints, while everyone else is either complaining about bugs or added features. Thank you.

FWIW, my dad _did_ buy the game after the demo week, and I suspect many others did, as well.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
p.s. if anyone wants to know what bugs? . go play on the nazi side in ARAD . the russians apparently drove around in tanks made of solid stainless steel and the nazi's drove tanks made from folded paper, it's great u should try it.......

Ah I see you found the Japanese server with the Origami mod running on it.:D

I haven't found such a server yet.

Upvote 0
I'll also be polite that was the most uneducated attempt at a post i've ever seen, o did it cross your mind that maybe they havent said what will come in the next patch well because maybe they're not sure what will make it in for the deadline they set for themselves:rolleyes:. Also i have to wonder when you call ro's infantry combat old hat i thought it was a breath of fresh air as do almost all on this board even lemur will disagree with you because he's mainly an infantry player and i think he hates the tanks. Also dont be so delluded your half arsed attempts at the truth are in fact probadly not the truth shock horror yea the truth does hurt sometimes.

Does it really matter whether it was the most uneducated post ever? That's not important and it's truly off topic. He's right as he said, most patches have been an attempt to fix things, emphasising free is silly. I love the game, and the devs, but the truth has been told.

Upvote 0
Are you guys paranoid or what?

How does mentioning the word "free" make you think you will have to pay for anything in the future?

And please cut that deadline bull****, you get new stuff for free and you complain?

the way it's wondered is what's wrong.. not the fact that it's free

everyone else in the industry (besides maybe valve and epic) are selling their patches.. so i'd say it's normal to be concerned or paranoid, as you put it, about the future of RO..

think of it like this, if george bush told iraq "we will try to extend not bombing the **** out of your country into 2007".. you'd think hmmm it sounds like he's gonna bomb the **** out of them in 2008

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm just wondering what some people have against the smoke 'nades. I think if they are used intelligently they can really help a squad advance past a deadly chokepoint -- which is their point, after all. They WERE used in WWII, so they can't be complaining because they're unrealistic. And there isn't too many on a map: only the commander gets them.

What's the problem? Are some people just pissed because they get a stupid Commander that drops smoke nades at his own feet all the time? Because if so, that ain't a valid argument for removing them.

Mal

P.S. Tripwire, LyesKrovy is a GREAT map, I love the atmosphere of it. Just thought I'd put my vote out there amongst the detractors :).

Upvote 0
so let me get this right, they aren't telling us what's in the update cos they don't know what they can do before the deadline?? what was that deadline again????? [a couple of months - maybe. -i'll b sure and put that in my diary.....]

and what i really want to know is.... is THIS PATCH/UPDATE/BOOSTER PACK gonna fix a few of the numerous bugs, or is it solely aimed at glam add ons to sell more copies of the game...
i'm not asking for more, i'm asking to fix the game. there's a lot going on at tripwire [u keep telling us]
so is anyone fixing the bugs?????? or have you given up on them now???

Lol that's the funniest post I have read for ages...If you think TWs support is bad then try the support for CoD2...it seems some people just can't engage the grey matter when it comes to posting on a forum and end up posting absolute S**t instead.
So there are few outstanding bugs and TW have said they will be fixed unlike those in other major titles like CoD2 where the developer has even stated some very major bugs just won't be fixed.

This game has been out since 14th March...Mmmm let me think so far we had 3 patches an SDK release and a brand new file system to speed the game loading times?
The Devs are constantly posting and helping people on this forum day in day out and have created a huge fix list for people having problems with the game.

AND ALL FOR FREE....

Now if you'd like to find me another Developer who has done that for a single title in just 6 months from release then be my guest?

Upvote 0