• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to what I understand about accounting principles, they can not record that money as profit until they satisfy certain criteria... one of those criteria is delivering the good or service that was paid for. Thus, they can' not say they "made" however much money, until they give us the game.

Doesn't matter what technicalities you put on it, the man has millions for an unfinished java game.

Upvote 0
Aye. Theres no need to keep posting "whens the flipping beta!!!" however, its okay in certain relevant topics to just say how you feel rather than ask a question. e.g

"I hope we get into the beta soon".

Tripwire are a pretty fine company made up of gamers and they do things for a reason. Most game companies actually do things for a reason but it differs in the sense of those games are out there to make money for the sole purpose of making money. Where as Red Orchestra 2 is just going to make money as a Bi-Product! Okay it's not strictly true Red Orchestra 2 wants to make money yes but not as badly as other companies! =)

Good luck everyone! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I think most of the "beta" related backslash comes from the announcement that states the press gets to play beta two weeks before those who actually paid for the beta (DDE buyers). You may have avoided this easily, simply by not mentioning the press access at all or not using word "beta" in the pre-order page (replace it with "Early Access" or something like that).

I bet many of us started playing RO when it was UT2003 mod so the excuse that the beta is too buggy for us but fine for press is pretty bad.

Upvote 0
I would like to know the approximate start of the beta, since I still have a week of vacation to spare that I planned to take next week, because I thought...you know...but now I am uncertain if it holds true and I am on the fence about wether to take it or wait.

No I do not have anything better to do in my vacation time. ;)

Never plan vacation around the release dates of anything video game related. I don't know how many steam threads I've seen in the day of a game's release where people blame valve because they wasted their vacation day due to delays.

Upvote 0
Many people seem confused as to why there has been a negative reaction to this announcement. Let me try to explain.

Many people, including myself bought the DDE believing that the final stage of the beta would begin any day now. It has since been revealed that it was always Tripwire's intention to have the final stage start very close to the 30th August.

This belief cannot simply be described as 'personal opinion'. Firstly, the term 'beta' objectively implies a period of testing to allow for modifications of final release. Would a day or two allow for this? Probably not.

Secondly, and more importantly, before I bought the DDE, I was informed by Tripwire themselves that those who ordered the DDE would get to play the game 'a lot sooner' than everyone else. We are told that the meaning of 'a lot sooner' comes down to 'personal opinion'. I'm sorry - no. Contractual terms are to be judged objectively. 'A lot sooner', does not objectively imply a day or two (given that the development of the game has taken years). It implies weeks at least. This statement was a misreprestation. And what has really annoyed people is that Tripwire knew that it was. It was a fraudulent misrepresentation designed to induce customers to contract to purchase the DDE - reprehensible.

You may say that the 'a lot sooner' statement is true now as the release date has been pushed back. Completely irrelevant. At the time on contracting the release date was in August.

It saddens me that paying customers who are rightly criticising TW for this behaviour are being ostracised by a vast army of sycophants. As customers who have a contractual relationship with TW based on a fraudulent misreprestation we have every right to vent our disappointment.

Also irritating are the number of 'holier-than-thou' types who suggest that people should not be disappointed because it's 'only a game' or that people should 'go outside' or 'play guitar'. Please, get off your pedestal and stop patronising people whom you do not know. It doesn't matter if you have no problem waiting for the DDE beta. People who bought the DDE believing beta to be imminent have a right to be frustrated.

Upvote 0
Never plan vacation around the release dates of anything video game related. I don't know how many steam threads I've seen in the day of a game's release where people blame valve because they wasted their vacation day due to delays.

I will still do it. The vacation isn't planned yet, but I would like to have my first day of vacation overlap with the start of the beta rather than having the beta start and me possibly joining a week later with vacation. The anticipation would kill me...well not the anticipation, but the lack of sleep coupled with work. :D

Upvote 0
No problem. The point of my comment anyway is to tell people to stop arguing and let TWI deal with concerns.

When you have Side A asking questions (even if in a rude of immature way,) and Side B yelling at them for it, your causing chaos on the forums and TWI normally has to crack down the arguing and has less time/effort into giving answers.

Hence: Ignore people.

Good point.

My apologies. No hard feelings, I hope. :)

Upvote 0
You really should settle down because I think you're taking this to an absolute extreme. I have already discussed my points and ideas with you, and I don't believe I am obligated to re-address any of your concerns. I am not a psychiatrist, but I would be happy to help you find one. :)

Ironically, I believe you to be the troll. I have tried to turn myself around and be civil instead of sarcastic, but the effect on you is obviously minimal. I believe a comparison between our recent posts will clearly indicate that I am the one "acting my age."

Yeah, I got the same treatment from an individual yesterday, Hell, I was accused of being a BF3 mole here to destroy RO2. I think most of us PC gamers have been getting the brown end of the stick here lately, and it has most of us on edge, especially when a title such as RO2 on the brink of release. You have to respect the patience of the moderators, they have one hell of a job.

Salute!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Tripwire forums, my friend. It didn't always used to be like this, take my word, and my previously green reputation bar for it ;)

+ to everything hockeywarrior said.......

sooo...... why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta?

It would help if you read the first post in a thread.

We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone.

so rephrase Atavax's question..........

what is the target date for the DDE beta?

the way i understand it is that the beta "date" hasn't been changed.....just that the release date has been pushed back. correct? if so than that's good because there will be more time for testing and more time for polishing ;)

Upvote 0
IL2: Cliffs of Dover has been in development abouy 6 years ? Pushed back roughly 3 years total and a few months after release it's STILL only 60% finished.

60%? Not even that for what I could see by myself :p

Lets not go Duke Nukem.

Don't **** with the Duke. But seriously, a decade for that crappy game?? They should have let it as vaporware forever :)p). It was more fun as a joke

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.