• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
130827817681.gif

I think my monitor just about exploded in my face due to the ammount of rage in this thread. sheesh.

No need to abandon thread, angry entitled players need to be ignored and let TWI deal with their concerns, arguing doesn't solve their concerns.

Basically we have people (wrongly) complaining that TWI somehow is cheating them when the DDE clearly said the beta could be release on august 29th at 11pm and it wouldn't of been wrong.

Upvote 0
No need to abandon thread, angry entitled players need to be ignored and let TWI deal with their concerns, arguing doesn't solve their concerns.

Basically we have people (wrongly) complaining that TWI somehow is cheating them when the DDE clearly said the beta could be release on august 29th at 11pm and it wouldn't of been wrong.

That's fine. Label me an "angry entitled player." But if you must continue this stupid argument or take obvious stabs at me in a passive-aggressive way without the courage to use my name, please PM me and we'll keep this off the thread and into obscurity where it now belongs. I wonder why some people are intimidated by the Red Orchestra community.

Upvote 0
You really should settle down because I think you're taking this to an absolute extreme. I have already discussed my points and ideas with you, and I don't believe I am obligated to re-address any of your concerns. I am not a psychiatrist, but I would be happy to help you find one. :)

Ironically, I believe you to be the troll. I have tried to turn myself around and be civil instead of sarcastic, but the effect on you is obviously minimal. I believe a comparison between our recent posts will clearly indicate that I am the one "acting my age."

Oh well done. You've finally resorted to pure ad hominem. Not a single comment on any of my arguments regarding the game, just start calling me a troll and implying I'm mentally ill.

Very mature.

Now declare victory and run away. That's the next step in trolling 101.

Upvote 0
That's fine. Label me an "angry entitled player." But if you must continue this stupid argument or take obvious stabs at me in a passive-aggressive way without the courage to use my name, please PM me and we'll keep this off the thread and into obscurity where it now belongs. I wonder why some people are intimidated by the Red Orchestra community.

Why is this guy everywhere on this forum? I think you've made you're point you can shut up now.

Upvote 0
So I'm seeing a lot of people asking "why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta"? Actually it is more along the lines of "you guys know when the beta will be, just tell us!!!" We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone. What day it starts on depends on how quickly the current batch of bug fixing gets completed. In other words, if we give you a date right now and it moves, you'll just be disappointed. So we're going to wait until we're ready to announce the date. Those that ordered the DDE will get a lot of time with the game before it ships, and we'll give you a date as soon as WE have a firm date.

Thank you for the info Ramm, can't wait for that day to come :)

Upvote 0
Seeing this kind of drop in intelligence makes me fear for what the game experience is like. You guys are complaining about the games' full release being pushed back, even though the developers have already stated that the beta release date HAS NOT CHANGED. This two week delay just means that you will have two extra weeks of playing beta during which tripwire can stomp out any bugs that have plagued so any other games in the past.

Tripwire is doing something that sadly cannot be said about many other developers because of timeframes and deadlines laid out by bigwig publishers-taking more time past the original release date to make sure that the finished product that you pay for is as good as it possibly can be. Why some of you don't recognize and appreciate that is far beyond me.

Upvote 0
Gonna wait a few weeks? Then dont fret! Get out you monocle and top hat to play/buy Victoria 2 which is a time eater, this week I'll be playing as Greece. If you throught Greece 2011 is bad then you should try Greece 1834 with Ottoman breathing down your neck rather than the Euro Zone...
*sips tea and adjusts top hat*

Upvote 0

Wait what? Where did I even imply I was talking to you? I've seen walls of text from many players complaining about something that they haven't the right to complain about (Legally or otherwise) I haven't read jack-squat of your posts in this topic.

But crap man your mighty quick to go for my throat.

Upvote 0
Wait what? Where did I even imply I was talking to you? I've seen walls of text from many players complaining about something that they haven't the right to complain about (Legally or otherwise) I haven't read jack-squat of your posts in this topic.

But crap man your mighty quick to go for my throat.

I'm sorry. I assumed you were talking about me, and I apologize that I was so quick to jump on you. Other members hinted toward my apparent sense of entitlement so I was definitely too sensitive on the issue. I sincerely apologize.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry. I assumed you were talking about me, and I apologize that I was so quick to jump on you. Other members hinted toward my apparent sense of entitlement so I was definitely too sensitive on the issue. I sincerely apologize.

No problem. The point of my comment anyway is to tell people to stop arguing and let TWI deal with concerns.

When you have Side A asking questions (even if in a rude of immature way,) and Side B yelling at them for it, your causing chaos on the forums and TWI normally has to crack down the arguing and has less time/effort into giving answers.

Hence: Ignore people.

Upvote 0
So I'm seeing a lot of people asking "why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta"? Actually it is more along the lines of "you guys know when the beta will be, just tell us!!!" We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone. What day it starts on depends on how quickly the current batch of bug fixing gets completed. In other words, if we give you a date right now and it moves, you'll just be disappointed. So we're going to wait until we're ready to announce the date. Those that ordered the DDE will get a lot of time with the game before it ships, and we'll give you a date as soon as WE have a firm date.

BUT WHEN!? WHHEEEEENNNNNNNNN?????? :D
/joking

Completely understood, after the release of a couple of games I was looking forward to in a completely unpolished state, making the whole thing seem hopeless, I respect your decision to wait until it is all ready. (beta and full game being pushed back)

Upvote 0
>People buying Deluxe Edition of RO2 for the beta.

Really? Is that all that you cared about? I wanted my beta too, but I can wait. I'll be happy with 5 days of beta. Hell, I'd do with 1 day. I bought the Deluxe Edition to support TWI and show my gratification. Also, I like extras. i.e. Hats and skins. Honestly, how many Deluxe Edition games come with any more than that? If I go out and get Battlefield 3 right now, I wouldn't be guaranteed a spot in the beta. Why do you guys feel so entitled to a something that you wouldn't even normally get?

Be patient, don't flame, enjoy what bonuses you have. TWI is working hard to make a game for you people to enjoy (at a bargain price, too), and all that they are getting is bull****.

Reactions: Darkseed and aop
Upvote 0
Talk to Notch.

Guy's made millions on a game that isn't even close to finished.

According to what I understand about accounting principles, they can not record that money as profit until they satisfy certain criteria... one of those criteria is delivering the good or service that was paid for. Thus, they can' not say they "made" however much money, until they give us the game.

Upvote 0
You really should settle down because I think you're taking this to an absolute extreme. I have already discussed my points and ideas with you, and I don't believe I am obligated to re-address any of your concerns. I am not a psychiatrist, but I would be happy to help you find one. :)

Ironically, I believe you to be the troll. I have tried to turn myself around and be civil instead of sarcastic, but the effect on you is obviously minimal. I believe a comparison between our recent posts will clearly indicate that I am the one "acting my age."

To be honest with you. I have seen you only trolling so far. Purposely down-voting anyone who gets in the way and discussing valid points with facts who with critcsim garbage :).

But i am not going to react to your comments anymore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.