• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] First And Last Pre-order From Tripwire I Will Ever Get

After purchasing this game and waiting with anticipation as it dl's and finish's just to find out i cannot even join a single game after pre-purchasing the deluxe edition from steam is really disheartening.

You didn't even bother to look what beta includes and not. There's no singleplayer....

All servers are either filtered out "even though i have no filters on" Or they say i do not have the content that is on the server. 9 days till release and this is a issue.. :( . On top of all that the solutions you provide to solve the problem does nothing....at all.

Problem is known and being fixed. It appeared with latest patch.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=60348

In my opinion there should really be filter for these idiotic people. This is not final release not even a demo.

Upvote 0
while i do agree with people defending tripwire in the sense this is only a BETA, i have to AGREE with alot of people in saying that we cannot even find servers to play on. I can understand in game bugs or even crashing, but not being able to even find a single server is disappointing. I am aware of the fixes that are in place, however we should not have to rely on workaround JUST to join a game.

We all know tripwire is working hard on all the issues, there are alot of them and thats to be expected. I just hope all this is fixed by the time the game comes out.

Seriously..... One patch had an unforseen bug that made servers not show up in the server list, and this is suddenly the complete fall down of the community?

You know, when tripwire does their internal build tests, i highly doubt they sit through the server list of 300 servers to look for their test server and join it. No, they probably join VIA IP. They could not have predicted this bug, so stop complaining, it happens.

Upvote 0
OP is always a phag, especially in this case.

Get your head out of your butt, THIS IS a BETAAAAAAAAA, might i say a VERY GOOD one, probably the best FPS beta, nay THE best beta i have ever had the privilege to be in.

If you bothered to read the official posts like a normal person you might have found some solutions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the problem with charging money for a Beta. People feel like they've made an investment and if they feel that their money has been wasted, they're going to vent, whether it's a Beta or full retail.

I've been in beta tests before and never felt the frustration that I have with RO2. The difference was that I hadn't gave up my money to play in those betas and I hadn't put down money to pre-order the game. I had no reason for wanting the game to be spit shine perfect.

However, I pay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The DDE edition contains other "features" apart from access to the beta.

Now dont get me wrong. The reason I bought the DDE was to get early access to the game. Since the most recent patch, ive not been able to play the due to crashes.

That said, I appreciate that I have access to the Beta and not the Release Version. Due to that fact I expect bugs, errors and not what I would consider a "full release experiance".

Having been involved in other beta testing, I know that until a game is given the stamp of Release ready approval by its devs, anything can happen. Thats the point of a beta test, to find bugs and fine tune the game until it is deemed ready.

Of course at anytime what looks like a pretty good candidate for release can actually contain some major game breaking bugs, which arent apparent until the beta testers get to test the game on a wide range of different machines and/or discover a bug that is common to all systems but that was simply overlooked.

Even when a game is deemed ready for the wider audiance stuff can still crop up, and the "beta testing" will continue for each and every update, throughout the continued support of the game.

Given the swift release of updates, hopefully by the time we get to general release the game will be stable and only minor issues will remain. However the development process is never a certain one and bugs can and do creep in every time something is changed. This is why devs will continue to release patches.

I simply cant understand people slating a beta release (even if they think they have paid for it). The DDE version clearly stated that it was access to a beta version and not the final release.

Instead of realising that, it would seem that the more immature players of the beta think that if they rant and rage on the forums, this will somehow encourage the devs to fix any issues quicker.

Whilst posting information on bugs etc is vital, petty rants about the game being broken are both annoying and pointless. Yes the game might well be broken, it isnt finished yet! Its almost as if these people have no prior experiance of PC gaming and expect a Beta version to contain no bugs whatsoever, which is obviously a contradiction in terms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it is a beta, and yea we paid a little extra for a little extra content at start and to support Tripwire for there awesome games. But to ever expect a BETA to run flawlessly is just stupid, the beta is there to help TRIPWIRE find bugs not for us to truly play the game as it is intended to be...

And I gladly accept the small trouble there are now to make it smoother when the masses comes so they enjoy there start with Red Orchestra series even more... I want them to stay... my Mg34 is hungry... so very hungry...

Upvote 0
Remember guys that if you don't like the game then you can get a refund from steam if you notify steam before the 13th.

If your computer is unable to run the game after release due to bugs and crashes steam will give a refund as well.

- On the other hand you can try to report and find as many bugs glitches and exploits and get twi to fix them. One nice thing of TWI is they do read the forums. And there are loads of people that try to actively report things happening. So I'd look whether you like the gameplay that you have seen when things work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love how threads thx to people take on lives of their own. :D . You guys can cut and dice it down anyway you want. I dont care about any of the perks or crap from the pre-order besides the access to beta, which atm there is no access at all. Thats what i dished out the extra cash for, hence why im ticked. It's that easy. Opinions of others about this matter dont matter when it boils down to the fact that i payed extra cash to participate, and there is no participation to be had. Yes its beta, i do understand that. But i cannot rationalize paying for something and getting no access at all. Now like the last post, you guys can have your next 3 pages to post links to facepalming picks and whatnot, w/e makes ya happy.

Upvote 0
I love how threads thx to people take on lives of their own. :D . You guys can cut and dice it down anyway you want. I dont care about any of the perks or crap from the pre-order besides the access to beta, which atm there is no access at all. Thats what i dished out the extra cash for, hence why im ticked. It's that easy. Opinions of others about this matter dont matter when it boils down to the fact that i payed extra cash to participate, and there is no participation to be had. Yes its beta, i do understand that. But i cannot rationalize paying for something and getting no access at all. Now like the last post, you guys can have your next 3 pages to post links to facepalming picks and whatnot, w/e makes ya happy.
Thats a beta, you paid for a beta so you should expect a beta. Its no one elses fault than yourself, you knew what you were paying for.

Upvote 0

How many hours of play do you have listed? Divide that by 8 Euroes. It might help you feel better...But you know what they say: "Let the Beta-buyer beware" :)

Upvote 0
After purchasing this game and waiting with anticipation as it dl's and finish's just to find out i cannot even join a single game after pre-purchasing the deluxe edition from steam is really disheartening. All servers are either filtered out "even though i have no filters on" Or they say i do not have the content that is on the server. 9 days till release and this is a issue.. :( . On top of all that the solutions you provide to solve the problem does nothing....at all.

Im not looking for tech support or a solution anymore, just letting you guys at tripwire know that you wont be receiving any future pre-orders from me.

Thx

Sad Panda

Its Beta, you'll be rewarded for patience. :D

Upvote 0