• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favourite war movie?

and it actually had a good plot!

Was I the only person who thought Brotherhood's plot was utter crap? The random, "I'm now with the pinkos! Despite having close friends who I've fought with for months! Actually, noes wait! I'm back with the South again!" was awful. If it was in a Hollywood film people would be ripping the piss out of it, but because it's in a 'world cinema' release everyone loves it.

Meh, the battle scenes were very good, but to say the plot was good or even believable is pushing it a bit lol

@Grimble Grumble. Yeah the WW1 scenes were brilliant in that movie.

Upvote 0
Hmm, yeah the plot was good at times, I meant that I liked the meaning behind the movie, the jumping from battle to battle threw the plot off a bit, and the final flip flop was very confusing, but plausible if you take the time to think about it. Although I figured some of those people would have been shot way before anything could have happened (like running back to the north korean lines)

I watched To Hell and Back, an 1955 movie about some young young man named Audie Murphy who fought for the 3rd division in WW2. He was like the highest decorated american in the war. Some parts were a little silly and not historically accurate, but it was a true story and it gave you a glimpse of what this man actually did. At one part I even went BOOYA when he killed some nazis. The best part of the movie is that Audie Murphy was played by Audie Murphy, so you know it's pretty much 100% true story.

Upvote 0
Saving private Ryan is pretty good.

The beach is fantastic.

The last Stand is pretty nice.

Ennemy at the gates is horrible...

Well, the start is pretty entertaining... but thats it.

After the first set of action... it just blows.

And the worst war movie I have seen is the latest remake of
"Pearl Harbor"

To make a beautiful love story.
To make is as if the Japs would pull back the last wave because A plane took off and took down 2 japenese planes.
And to make the ameriacans look as if they sent their pilots on a kamikaze mission... thats just wrong.

Upvote 0
I watched To Hell and Back, an 1955 movie about some young young man named Audie Murphy who fought for the 3rd division in WW2. He was like the highest decorated american in the war. Some parts were a little silly and not historically accurate, but it was a true story and it gave you a glimpse of what this man actually did. At one part I even went BOOYA when he killed some nazis. The best part of the movie is that Audie Murphy was played by Audie Murphy, so you know it's pretty much 100% true story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Urban

This guy is supposed to be the most decorated soldier in history. They should make a movie about him.

Upvote 0
Best warmovie?

Well, I would say that A bridge too far is the one I like best.

The Longest Day. http://imdb.com/title/tt0056197/

Shot at Normandy. Part of why it is so cool is the technical advisors:
Yea this is a good movie, but there is one point of it that I found strange..
When a gorup of about 20 men suddenly brakes out from the beach and starts running against the german posisions. you see 2x MG34s and severale riflemen shooting down at them, yet noone in that heap of men is even wounded :S
how crappy where the really the germans to shoot?

Upvote 0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Urban

This guy is supposed to be the most decorated soldier in history. They should make a movie about him.
He has 29 Medals, Murphy has 32.

Murphy ____________________Urban
Medal of Honor ..........................Medal of Honor
Distiguished Service Cross ...........Silver Star(2)
Silver Star (2) ...........................Legion of Merrit
Legion of Merrit .........................Bronze Star(3)
Bronze Star (2)............................Purple Heart(7)
Purple Heart (3) .........................Croix de Guerre
Knight of The Legion of Honor
French Croix de Guerre(+palm)

I blame wikipedia for contradicting themselves. Murphy obviously has more lettuce. Wiki says Murphy is the highest decorated US Soldier... :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0