• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
So do you hate dualie weapons or the perk gunslinger? It's not entirely clear anymore as Sharpshooter's ability to dual wield pistols is more of an aside rather than the core concept to the perk.

It's the dedication that is unsettling to me, the devotion, so much so an entire perk is conceived for it. I find it ridiculous, and to be quite frank i hate akimbo shooting in any game, so to rephrase, I hate Akimbo in general, gunslinger even more.

Upvote 0
It's the dedication that is unsettling to me, the devotion, so much so an entire perk is conceived for it. I find it ridiculous, and to be quite frank i hate akimbo shooting in any game, so to rephrase, I hate Akimbo in general, gunslinger even more.
I just assumed it was going to be a carbon copy to commando but with different weapons and none of the versatility. I guess a better definition would be a worse version of Commando - like ScrN mod's gunslinger.

Hopefully they don't go the ScrN route though and make it actually unique.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm
Mayhaps you could plug in two mice and control each gun with one mouse :cool:

That would be an amazing gimmick to revolve an entire game around, if it was a rail-shooter..

Hell, you ever play one of those arcade shooters with the big plastic guns, set it for two players, and go akimbo? Sure you need twice as many quarters but it's fun as hell. :D

@KingJoker - I'm pretty sure they've specifically stated that Gunslinger can choose to use just one handgun and still be totally viable, so I don't think most of his inherent benefits will be specific to dual-wielding bonuses.

Most likely, some of the skill-choices from every 5th level will give you the choice between something Dual-Wielding focused and something more related to accuracy or crit damage or somesuch for the single-gun-users.

So yeah, you can choose to be a two-pistol hollywood movie badass OR you can play as the humble veteran police officer, or some random civilian whose never owned anything bigger than a handgun or some character like that.

Upvote 0
I just assumed it was going to be a carbon copy to commando but with different weapons and none of the versatility. I guess a better definition would be a worse version of Commando - like ScrN mod's gunslinger.

Hopefully they don't go the ScrN route though and make it actually unique.
I don't mean to be rude but have you played the ScrN gunslinger? It's wonderfully unique. The 9mm, mk23, .44, flare revolver, and hc all behave completely differently and at high level the gunslinger can behave as a jack of all trades to do almost everything (while excelling at nothing), while cowboy mode offers a very interesting trade-off of utility versus survivability. That and F/A 9mms are fun as hell.

Upvote 0
I don't mean to be rude but have you played the ScrN gunslinger? It's wonderfully unique. The 9mm, mk23, .44, flare revolver, and hc all behave completely differently and at high level the gunslinger can behave as a jack of all trades to do almost everything (while excelling at nothing), while cowboy mode offers a very interesting trade-off of utility versus survivability. That and F/A 9mms are fun as hell.
I don't take offense to the question haha

I have. It gives no room for actual versatility. It's using weapons we already use in the same way they were used in their original perks but seemly just made even more bland by adding nothing to what those pistols could do but cramming them together anyways.

No matter what I say about the ScrN gunslinger, I would just be told "well, you can disable it" (which really irks me because if you call your mod "total balance", all parts of it should be held to the same scrutiny, not just parts of it). This isn't the case in KF2, as it's a 'real' perk that can't just be disabled.

Upvote 0
Just to make a one-off point Joker, there is a logical reason why a single perk would be focused on dual-wielding, you've even said it yourself. It is an overly-specialized and unique way of fighting that one would probably have to dedicate quite a bit of time into mastering (likely the same in-game, but that's even more speculation).

Personally I'm looking forward to the gunslinger perk in KF2, sounds like another class that's likely going to take some time to get used to and will be pretty fun to use once one is comfortable with it. :)

Upvote 0