• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Perhaps dual wielding will be toggled mid game? You are holding 1 gun but get a lot of zeds in your face so you double the fun for emergencies. Half accuracy, double firepower for close encounters.

Cycling through all the 1 handed weapons could work this way as a "power" you activate.

Im shooting from a distance with an MK23 and I get punched in the back by something, so I hit "x" button and my second hand pulls out a sawed off or deagle and i unload both guns. once safe, I put the secondary away and resume range battle with accuracy.

You could make "builds" depending on your play style. What kind of second hand weapon would compliment my behavior?

Upvote 0
Attacking basics of grammar, that people should not even be thinking about unless it makes intolerable, is a waste of time when the focus should be on constructive criticism. All it does is create a hostile environment.

To be perfectly honest there is nothing functional or tactical about akimbo or dual wielding so you might as well allow different pistols in different hands.

It was a joke. It's silly that you'd be taking it so seriously.

But if you want to talk about waste of time, you should reflect on your obsessive hatred of akimbo. Constructive criticism is one thing but when you mindlessly bad mouth it, it's not very helpful to discussion.

Case in point: "there is nothing functional about dual wielding".
There's an increase in available magazine size as well as rate of fire. And that's just normal akimbo.

And furthermore, you've missed the point. I was saying if there is no function for assymetric akimbo, then it shouldn't be in the game. It'd be pointless to include in my opinion.

Even worse, you're being presumptive over a game mechanic before it has been integrated. This is why my original suggestion was a conditional statement. Because who knows what they could come up with. Like CrashFu's multi directional shooting (which I don't think would work but hey, it's an idea), which I think you didn't even bother acknowledging.

Upvote 0
What i meant as there is no advantage over akimbo in real life.
It's a waste of time and is why troops and police officers aren't trained in it. It's dumb.

no it's not, you do realize that back before speedloaders were invented that cowboys/bandits would Dual-wield their revolvers, hell, they would have at least 6 or so revolvers fully loaded on them at all times because it was a pain in the *** to load the damn things. The entire point of dual-wielding weaponry is to bring in suppressive fire and CQC with multiple enemies. Stop complaining. Even in the Vietnam war, a pilot dual-wielded handguns to basically place suppressive fire on a group of hostiles to buy people time and killed some in the process.

The POINT: Dual Wielding has a purpose of cover fire and killing large hordes of enemies at a faster rate than normal. You're not facing veteran soldiers who dip under cover and fire at small cracks, this isn't CoD, this is Killing Floor, where a giant horde of mindless freaks want to rip you apart with their bare hands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no it's not, you do realize that back before speedloaders were invented that cowboys/bandits would Dual-wield their revolvers, hell, they would have at least 6 or so revolvers fully loaded on them at all times because it was a pain in the *** to load the damn things. The entire point of dual-wielding weaponry is to bring in suppressive fire and CQC with multiple enemies. Stop complaining. Even in the Vietnam war, a pilot dual-wielded handguns to basically place suppressive fire on a group of hostiles to buy people time and killed some in the process.

The POINT: Dual Wielding has a purpose of cover fire and killing large hordes of enemies at a faster rate than normal. You're not facing veteran soldiers who dip under cover and fire at small cracks, this isn't CoD, this is Killing Floor, where a giant horde of mindless freaks want to rip you apart with their bare hands.

are you being serious? Cowboys never dual wielded you know that right? that only a few gun enthusiasts and shooters, that history likes to remember. Even then - under certain circumstances - dual wielding was more of ambidextrous shooting with very carefully aimed shots because of horrendous reloading speeds.

Modern day shooting needs no dual wielding considering a marksman can get ever shot off with a handgun and reload in under a second. a dual wielder gets clumsy retarded reloading while a marksman can get two+ clips off with one pistol, very accurate shots, and the other akimbo mother ****er is still reloading.

Dual wielding was never a thing and never will be.. except in movies to make kids happy.

also, if i was a cowboy why would i want to pull out two little revolvers when i could pull out my winchester and shoot you 500meters+ away?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You left out games to make kids happy. Case in point. Its a game, it offers us outlets from reality to fiction and fantasy. I want to kill mutants with 2 guns at once. ARMA or OP. Flashpoint this is not.

Well I like science fiction - it bridges reality with fiction. So for example cloning actually was sanctioned and **** went crazy and now we have clones overtaking the world, a bit like iRobot, and we the good guys have to kill them.

A realistic scenario handled very realistically, no dual wielding. I dont want magic in Killing Floor or nimbus clouds - i want no fantasy in my science fiction.

Upvote 0
also, if i was a cowboy why would i want to pull out two little revolvers when i could pull out my winchester and shoot you 500meters+ away?
Because rifles are heavy and cumbersome to carry around all the time and he might not be 500 meters away from you. Just as they are in modern day, handguns were popular back then because you could easily carry one on you at all times.

Upvote 0
Because rifles are heavy and cumbersome to carry around all the time and he might not be 500 meters away from you. Just as they are in modern day, handguns were popular back then because you could easily carry one on you at all times.

They were mostly widely available because of the cost - you have to understand this was the western expansion and most people didnt have a dime to their name - so yes you are right but also understand this is also why dual wielding wasnt a thing.

Science fiction is not a fantasy game dude, it's small elements of reality altered to create a scenario really.

How unbelievable is programmed clones? I find it more believable then every Killing Floor character being absolutely gods at guns.

Fantasy =/= science fiction

(Also Why So Serious is a dumb quote :()

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They were mostly widely available because of the cost - you have to understand this was the western expansion and most people didnt have a dime to their name - so yes you are right but also understand this is also why dual wielding wasnt a thing.
Oh yeah I wasn't argueing about dual wielding, just that rifles aren't a very good self defense weapon ):

Upvote 0
Joker, people in real life don't train to dual wield because it's unfeasible you're ever going to have a small horde of things that won't necessarily be phased by one or two bullets charging suicidally towards you at the same time.

Unless you piss off a family of bears, maybe.

Within the confines of this situation, you realistically WOULD consider the benefits of pumping twice as many bullets out in a shorter period of time, because pinpoint accuracy and reload speed might not be your primary concerns.

(And if they are, single-handgun is supposed to be a viable way to play, too)

Side note: I think aiming while dual-wielding should just go into single-gun mode. Just keep the other gun in hand but not hold it up or fire it. Trying to aim akimbo in KF1 was almost useless compared to aiming a single gun, after all.

Upvote 0
I wonder how the overall recoil/sway build-up compares between rapidly shooting ONE gun held in both hands (more stability) versus rapidly shooting TWO guns (alternating shots means alternating hands taking recoil)?

Also anyone else have suggestions of how asymmetrical/multi-target akimbo could possibly work?

Maybe a "Mark and Unload" system... holding down alt-fire and mousing over zeds visible on-screen puts a little transparent reticle over each them... when you release right-mouse you go into an automatic frenzy and unload your entire clip inaccurately in the general directions of all the marked zeds; left click while still holding right to cancel?

Or a "Homing Recoil" system? Toggled on with alt-fire, shots automatically (and to an articifially high degree) recoil your guns towards different enemies within a specific angle of your facing..

For something less automatic (but probably a lot harder to use in a way that is actually useful) an "Anchored viewpoint" system maybe.. right click once to "anchor" one of your guns (swaps depending on player facing) towards a specific direction or enemy.. one gun remains pointed that way until right clicking second time, or enemy/point of reference is out of line of sight / dead...

I'm just tossing out literally whatever comes to mind, I'm not particularly committed to any of those ideas over the other, so please don't rail on me over how bad they are :p Maybe hearing those ideas will inspire someone else, though?

Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest there is nothing functional or tactical about akimbo or dual wielding so you might as well allow different pistols in different hands.
It's not like, ya know, twice the bullets to shoot before reloading or anything. Nothing like that.

Also these two points don't lead into one another. Your first point is "there's no advantage to dual wielding", which then leads into "so dual wielding should be done like this". I don't see how what pistol (assuming gunslinger is pistols) is in either hand would change things if they weren't the same. Speaking from KF1 experience, of course.

Upvote 0
It's not like, ya know, twice the bullets to shoot before reloading or anything. Nothing like that.

Also these two points don't lead into one another. Your first point is "there's no advantage to dual wielding", which then leads into "so dual wielding should be done like this". I don't see how what pistol (assuming gunslinger is pistols) is in either hand would change things if they weren't the same. Speaking from KF1 experience, of course.

The point was quite simple: if were going to do it you might as well throw everything out the ****ing window. Go all the way. I want a unicorn horn for my melee weapon, Baseball bats, cricket bats. There's **** loads of things i would love to use for a weapon in killing floor but out of respect choose not to mention it because it doesnt "fit in"

Also, Twice the shots, with **** for accuracy, and cumbersome reloads = Wut Advantage??

Upvote 0