• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dirt, Shrapenel, Foliage e.t.c splattered across players screen?

Yeah, I really like this idea, but only in close range to arts dropping or explosions. It would have to be something that rocked your world good. Great idea, just another small thing that would make this game feel more real. As long as it's not over done.

Assuming there is seperate effect for suppresion by debris, I think it could look something like this:

RO_eyesdirt.gif

Upvote 0
Getting stuff into your eyes usually causes closing your eyes, blinking actually hurts.

Rubbing your eyes for like half a minute would make a nice mini game.

Should probably get rid of suppression and shellshock too.

Last time I was in extreme danger I don't recall my vision becoming desaturated ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you ever had dirt flown in to your eyes? If not, I can tell you, that it doesn't slowly slowly dissolve away, but it makes you blink. Blinking would be ok. But that's all, really.

I think that one of the many injuries in wars happen to the eyes. Might be wrong with that though. Depends on the distance and situation. But usualy if shoots from bullets happen to hit some surface they send a lot of things flying around at high speed. If those hit the face or eyes it could hurt quite a lot.

It would add a lot to supression if the game could manage to simulate that part as I think a pretty close hit to some wall, wooden frame or just dirt might hurt the enemy. As said when its close enough. It should at least require the target to get in "save cover" to regenarte his eye-sight somewhat.

Upvote 0