• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Diablo 3 is here!

I never got what was so special about the Hall of the Blind. When standing somewhere at a corner or better yet inside a door way and hacking into it it doesn't really matter if you can see what you are hacking at. As soon as it becomes relevant - namely as soon as that gruesome death-animation with the gurgling sound starts:D - they become visible again anyway.

So far I liked both Diablos and their expansion packs.
If the new one comes with outdated graphics and that means I can run it, that's fine with me of course. :)
I never played Diablo for the graphics. In the case of Diablo 1 because I was way late and it was already dated when I started and in case of Diablo II because it was never a real fall-of-your-chair looker in my opinion.

Even if Diablo III looked nothing better than Diablo II minus the 800*600-for-a-2d-game blur that would be acceptable from my end.

Upvote 0
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/07/02/diablo-iii-art-direction/

One of the things that we considered when we were working on the visuals for ‘Diablo III’ is the fact that color is your friend. We feel that color actually helps to create a lot of highlights in the game so that there is contrast. A great analogy is like in ‘Lord of the Rings’ — not everything is dark. It allows you to see what a creepy dungeon can be like but if everything is dark it doesn’t allow you to have a lot of contrast.”

He continued: “‘Diablo I’ and ‘Diablo II’ are darker, and I think that the one of the main reasons why is the fact that in ‘Diablo I,’ you’re basically in a dungeon the whole time. And in contrast to ‘Diablo III,’ you’ll be exploring outdoors, you’ll be in dungeons, you’ll be experiencing so many different areas. We want to bring as much variety as we can when you’re playing the game so that you’re excited to check out new environments. We don’t want everything to look the same and that’s really what we’re trying to aim for.
tl;dr: More or less, stop whining about the colors.

Upvote 0
So making Everything Look Like A Cartoon is Blizzards new art direction then?

is not that new, its what happened since they moved to 3D, but don't let the fanboys hear you, they may tell you things like:

1. its not cartoony, its... special

2. it doesnt matter if its cartoony, teh game iz teh pwnzorz, so stop whinning cause I fear that because of you they will not get enough sales, ooh poor blizzard

KrazyKraut said:
Imo the main reason this one looks more cartooney to some stems from the fact that it's no longer pre-rendered but real 3D. As long as it doesn't become overly grotesque like WoW it's okay by me.

I agree with this post, the game looks cartoony, but it is stil acceptable, and there are also a lot of cool added features, my agressiveness just fires up because of the zealous defender fanboys, they make my negativity levels rise exponentially when they jump at my neck with every single negative comment.

Upvote 0
you seem to be really proud of being fanboy of a damned rich scammer company just like the dumb majority of gamers who pay monthly fees to play a horrible game
Ahh... while I may not be a fanboy of Blizzard as you seem to have just accused me of, I do see your true "colors" showing through here. I've merely played Devil's Advocate here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you seem to be really proud of being fanboy of a damned rich scammer company just like the dumb majority of gamers who pay monthly fees to play a horrible game

So Blizzard is the spawn of Satan for making World of Warcraft? Yeah thats real logic right there, saying Blizzard 'fanboys' are mindless drones drawn to blizzard games like a moth to the flame... Give me a break.

Upvote 0
Yeah thats real logic right there, saying Blizzard 'fanboys' are mindless drones drawn to blizzard games like a moth to the flame... Give me a break.

a game does not get 8 million players because its good. only a social phenomenon produces that effect, caused by extreme marketing, references to WOW in all media and shows, the already existing huge base of blizzard fanboys and also the noobs who just discovered what an MMORPG is.

so yes, you WoW players are mindless drones, and your game is horrible

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a game does not get 8 million players because its good. only a social phenomenon produces that effect, caused by extreme marketing, references to WOW in all media and shows, the already existing huge base of blizzard fanboys and also the noobs who just discovered what an MMORPG is.

so yes, you WoW players are mindless drones, and your game is horrible
And you'll be on vacation soon if you can't behave I'm afraid.

Upvote 0